3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

warpspeed....

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 09:20 PM

warpspeed....

so....i got my warpspeed Y-pipe after 7 days of waiting...as opposed to the 3-4 i was told of, which is hard to deal with while driving a car with crack in the flex pipe. i noticed quite a diffrence, I noticed a quicker acceleration, even a louder exaust note, probably because i was in the passenger seat of my friend's mustang, i couldnt drive mine because the ****ing pipe didnt line up.the rear would line up but the front wouldnt, and when they did, only two bolts at a time could line up. angry? uh huh.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:46 PM
Getting back to his roots

Re: warpspeed....

Originally posted by timebomb
so....i got my warpspeed Y-pipe after 7 days of waiting...as opposed to the 3-4 i was told of, which is hard to deal with while driving a car with crack in the flex pipe. i noticed quite a diffrence, I noticed a quicker acceleration, even a louder exaust note, probably because i was in the passenger seat of my friend's mustang, i couldnt drive mine because the ****ing pipe didnt line up.the rear would line up but the front wouldnt, and when they did, only two bolts at a time could line up. angry? uh huh.
My Warpspeed pipe fit perfectly and came within a week. I know of people who waited for months for their pipes. If you really needed the stuff that quickly, you probly should've ordered from Stillen, as they are a much bigger company.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:56 PM

Re: Re: warpspeed....

Originally posted by Mizeree_X

My Warpspeed pipe fit perfectly and came within a week. I know of people who waited for months for their pipes. If you really needed the stuff that quickly, you probly should've ordered from Stillen, as they are a much bigger company.
Stillen doesn't make a y-pipe for 3rd gens. You would have to die with getting a warpspeed no matter what.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:03 PM

Does having a large hole/exhaust leak in the flex section of the stock Y-pipe degrade performance any?
Old 06-27-2003, 11:10 PM

Performance is very much affected. Get it fixed immediately if you do have a leak.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:14 PM

yeah, it messes with the o2 sensor causing inaccurate readings, causes back pressure to constantly change and also makes the car sound horrible.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:16 PM

heh, I've been driving with the leak for almost a year now, though the leak was a lot smaller when it started.

Money is the problem, and being unemployed does not help to get me a new exhaust.

I wanna buy the warpspeed pipe but who do I go to that will install it? And how much do you estimate the installation to be?
Old 06-28-2003, 07:23 AM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

the warp speed pipe for me came very fast i got it in about 3 days. The sticker that came with it was cool also i put it in the small rear window where 4DSC would be (i had to remove them for my tint) The WSP pipe is easy to install, i did mine with hand tools. I installed it in about 2 hours and that pipe really does make a huge difference. My VE moves like grease lightning !!
Old 06-28-2003, 10:35 AM

Are you sure you got the right pipe? There are different pipes for VG and VE motors. I have a warpspeed and it fit better then OEM.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:42 AM

I had to take the studs out of the manifold, put the pipe up there, then fasten everything together to get mine to fit.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:02 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

i just banged mine on with a plastic mechanics hammer and then cranked it down the rest of the way with the bolts. Sounds harsh but it went on smoothly.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:24 PM

Mine was real smooth also, unbolted the old pipe off and bolted the new pipe on, very simple.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:53 PM

yeah, the pipe was the right fit, it was off by a quarter inch though, we heated it up and pulled the first pipe forward...but the installation was a ***** for me, had to cut and drill out the bolts on the cat. All better now, also puts out a nice sound