3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Skymax....

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2001, 10:19 PM

Can you please list all of the power mods you had on your 91 se auto that ran a 15.4? That is VERY quick. I WANT THAT But really....I want to see how close I can come and what its going to take.

Thanks sir,
Old 01-31-2001, 10:29 PM

Dude you are not going to believe what i did to my car yesterday morning.... Drop me an e-mail when I can get a hold of you and I'll give you a call

Mario

Originally posted by Mike S.
Can you please list all of the power mods you had on your 91 se auto that ran a 15.4? That is VERY quick. I WANT THAT But really....I want to see how close I can come and what its going to take.

Thanks sir,
Old 02-01-2001, 06:43 AM
is invisible

You do NOT want that!

I'm going to keep hounding you on this!
Trust me, what SkyMax did to his car cost a pretty penny...enough for you to put your VQ plans on hold for even longer!
Old 02-01-2001, 06:19 PM

Actually I have a 90 SE.. not a 91 but anyway.. I was disappointed with my 15.4 run. I was expecting alteast low 15's. My mods helped to get that time but there were many other techniques that are the main factor in getting a fast time. If you want to see my mods go here http://www.geocities.com/SkyMaxSE/mods.htm

On my first run at the track, I got 15.4 and at the end of my first run my tranny died (using an aftermarket "test" tranny I guess you can call it). Had to get my max towed to the shop from the end of the track. Main reasons for running 15's... Massive weight reduction including spare tire, carpet, speakers, amps, jack, rear seat, passenger seat, door panels, head unit, part of the dash, mudflaps, driver side head light, driver side clear corner, driver side turn signal, driver side foglight, underbody mudguards; 104 Octane race fuel, way more advanced timing, 15" drag radial tires, nitto drag radial tires, 2 gallons of gas, 17" rear wheels, spacers in the rear springs, low tire pressure in the front tires, removed wipers, relocated batter to the trunk, and some other little things which I don't care to say (part of my secret sauce)

I bet if I had the ability to have more runs, I would've been able to beat 15.4 possibly high 14's.. but that's probably unlikely.