3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Help me im in window regulator hell

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 07:28 PM
il massimi bassi

Help me im in window regulator hell

recently my car windows on the drivers side would get stuck after pushing the button a few times it would be fine. I purchased a new regulator and motor offf ebay for 60 bux. I replaced the reg and motor and for a few weeks a had no problems. Then my window got stuck at a toll booth and I had to press the button a hundred times and it went up. I took the door apart and the relays and fuses look good wires and connections ok. Did my ebay regulator **** the bed? or do i have other problems. No other window does this. Thanks

Rich
Old 07-11-2003, 10:54 PM
Who?

well you need to really check it out. when you press the button, does the motor click? if it doesn't, then it's a wiring problem or maybe the motor is really dead or jammed. if it's trying to do something, then maybe you just need to adjust the regulaor or grease it more. this is mostly a self-diagnose thing.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:01 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

If a regulator goes out the window will not go up any more because where the cable attaches breaks so your regulator wasnt the problem the first time. The motor could have been bad but my guess is that the problem is in the button itself. That is also a common problem with the 3rd gens. You might try taking the button apart and cleaning it or just replacing it.
Old 07-12-2003, 03:50 AM
il massimi bassi

no motor click at all. Regulator itself intact. is this a typical motor pattern?
Old 07-27-2003, 03:25 AM

Re: Help me im in window regulator hell

Originally posted by TickingVTC
recently my car windows on the drivers side would get stuck after pushing the button a few times it would be fine. I purchased a new regulator and motor offf ebay for 60 bux. I replaced the reg and motor and for a few weeks a had no problems. Then my window got stuck at a toll booth and I had to press the button a hundred times and it went up. I took the door apart and the relays and fuses look good wires and connections ok. Did my ebay regulator **** the bed? or do i have other problems. No other window does this. Thanks

Rich
If you have already replaced the regulator, you have a bad switch. You can troubleshoot it by slaving in a another switch from one of the other passenger doors. I got one from a salvage yard after I determined my passenger rear went bad. Been good every since.
Old 07-27-2003, 06:06 AM

Re: Help me im in window regulator hell

Originally posted by TickingVTC
I purchased a new regulator and motor off ebay for 60 bux.
Rich
was it really new or new to you? you may have just bought a motor and regulator that was fine, but being that its 10 yrs old, it can go bad just as easily as the other one.

my pass side window comes off track and gets stuck all the time, but it still goes up and down. i spray wd40 on the track on the window frame and it goes up and down like a charm.
Old 07-27-2003, 04:28 PM
il massimi bassi

Update: I had a damaged master power window switch. From what im gathering its pretty common. Thanks guys!