3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

keyless entry and alarm question

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 06:36 AM

keyless entry and alarm question

I looked under my gf's dash for the code to reset her keyless entry and couldn't find it. is there an absolutely specific place I need to check for this?

Also she left her lights on this morning so when I went to jump her car, the alarm went off! Never even knew her '94 had an alarm! Does it reset by just putting the key into the lock or what?
Old 08-14-2003, 07:34 AM

To find the code for the DTES, you have to look under the passenger side dash all the way over by the door. If you don't removed the lower portion of the dash, it will be very hard to see--however, not impossible. If you leave the dash intact, get on your back and get as far under as you can. Laying on the passenger floor, lookup up to the left and you will see a small box with a number that begins with an "S" Even during the daylight, you will need a flashlight to see it.

As for the alarm, to disarm it, put the key in the door and unlock it (kind of a weak system though).
Old 08-14-2003, 07:54 AM

Awesome!!! Darhaw-max, Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!
Old 08-14-2003, 08:01 AM

Even though I am sure that you are familiar with the instructions on how to reset the DTES, here are some quick instructions to those who may not know.

1. Locate the “S” number on the DTES control unit located under the dashboard on the passenger side of the car (Sxxxxxx).
2. Open the door then close it.
3. Lock the door by pressing the “Lock” key on the keypad.
4. Press the “Start” key on the keypad followed by the “S” number recorded from the DTES control unit.
5. During the long beep, enter in the desired four-digit, personalized code on the keypad.
6. If successful, the keypad will make four, short, double-beeps after the long beep.

To unlock the doors using the personal, four-digit code, press the “Start” key on the keypad followed by the four digit code. After the proper code is entered, all doors will unlock.