3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

just got my wheels!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2001, 09:34 AM

just got them in. they look great. one thing i wanted to ask though... i got some Konig Hub Rings with them. i only got three though?? does anyone know what these things are for and why i would only get three?
Old 02-10-2001, 01:11 PM

dont think they fit!

i tryed to put them on just to see if they fit and they dont seem like they do! they are 40offset, the store said that would fit any maxima. they go on but i cant seem to push them back all the way. anyone know what i should do?
Old 02-10-2001, 09:24 PM

I don't know the answer but it looks like you need some help so i'm just gonna try to keep this at the top until someone can help you.
Old 02-12-2001, 09:55 PM

the hub rings are to help keep the wheels form vibrating when they are on your car. most aftermarket wheels are bored with a 72-73mm hub bore so they can fit a large number of vehicles. the hubrings are used to make up the difference between the wheel bore and your hub bore. i bought my Rota's Stage 5's and balanced them at work, but didnt use any hub rings. they would zero out but when on the car i could feel a vibration between 75-85 but would go away after that. the reason for that is the weight of the vehicle (especially in the front) is being supported by the studs and not the wheel hub and studs. so as you speed up the studs may actually flex while you are driving, that shift in weight distribution may set the wheel balance off by a 1/4 oz or more. this will make a large difference in the ride comfort department, even if its only a 1/4oz.. you can even fuse the lugs to the studs due to the heat build up, so when you remove the wheel/s for a routine brake swap you will end up stripping or breaking the studs off. your factory wheels do not need hug rings because they are "hubcentric", therefore any vibrations with factory wheels are usually attributed to being a balance issue. (unless the wheel is bent)

if you only found 3 check all the rims and packaging. sometimes rim/tire combos are balanced with the hub rings in the wheel and they forget to remove them before putting them into the boxes and shipping them. if they do not fit your car and dont fit into the wheel then somebody shipped the wrong rings.

as far as offset is concearned all you can do is bolt them down (by hand) all the way and see if they work. as far as i know anything between 35-40mm is supposed to work. IMO 35mm is better especially for wider rims (7.5-8in). according to Kim at Rota my wheels have 45mm offset and to make them fit i had to use some spacers