3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

3rd gen queens meet

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 05:18 AM

3rd gen meet, valley stream state park, nov 29 th

moderators, i know it's in the wrong forum, but i would really just like it to be a 3rd gen meet and not just and regional meet. ive seen alot of people from the bk/queens/li area posting recently and being that the weather is being nice it would be cool to get together. shoot me some ideas on date/time /place. anywhere close to parkway/expressway exits would be good, direction wise. for example i'm off xit 17 on the belt, kinda midway from li and bk, but if it is somewhere else that's cool with me too, just preferably somewhere where 5-0 wont get too crazy with us.

maybee next sat morning 11 ish so we gbo get lunch together?
Old 11-22-2003, 05:29 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

sounds good, you can count me in
Old 11-22-2003, 06:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just take the camera

btw, we are having a small 3rd gen meet over here today aswell. Actually it will be in Portland but still. Maybe everyone should have a 3rd gen meet today

Have fun guys
Old 11-22-2003, 07:06 AM
Way out West

today? what? You, Piggie, Spipe and Dave? Damn. I want to go but I have to work.

Well, I'll be there tomorrow for the big meet.

For those of you not from around here, there are supposed to be around 75 Nissans (including a Skyline!) and probably 10-15 from NWMaxima. I am bringing both cameras (digicam and 35 mm).

Have fun at the NY meet. I hope our weather holds out. It's supposed to be clear and cold.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:12 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Dave's coming down tommarrow, not today.
Btw, its Official, I'm taking the 5th gen . because I wanted to represent the 3rd gen .
Just Me, Piggie, Spipe, Spipe's friend, and maybe other people, but we're the main 4 for right now. I'm bringing the Digital Camera and lots of batteries (its a battery ***** ). If it makes any difference I have no idea where the Sunday meet is, I just wanna tinker with the cars. Oh yeah, Spipe and his friend both have Aztec Red VE 5spds, plus theres one forsale in Portland ( ). All of the red VE 5spds have been hiding in Oregon.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:22 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by shavedmax
moderators, i know it's in the wrong forum, but i would really just like it to be a 3rd gen meet and not just and regional meet. ive seen alot of people from the bk/queens/li area posting recently and being that the weather is being nice it would be cool to get together. shoot me some ideas on date/time /place. anywhere close to parkway/expressway exits would be good, direction wise. for example i'm off xit 17 on the belt, kinda midway from li and bk, but if it is somewhere else that's cool with me too, just preferably somewhere where 5-0 wont get too crazy with us.

that's not commack
Old 11-22-2003, 07:42 AM

Sounds good

Its a good excuse to clean my max, I havent found the time latley.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:45 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally Posted by DanNY
that's not commack

he just likes the street cred that comes from saying he's from queens.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:07 AM

ill probably be good for next sat
Old 11-22-2003, 08:31 AM

Count me in guys for next Saturday

Can't think of a location though, i'll post when I think of something.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:47 AM

is john comin too? oh wait hes got a 5th gen
Old 11-22-2003, 09:08 AM

Yeah John is coming too
Old 11-22-2003, 10:05 AM

what time n location?
Old 11-22-2003, 10:07 AM
e_is_chillin

How's chelsea pier?

Old 11-22-2003, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by e_is_chillin
How's chelsea pier?
doesn't matta 2 me...just let me know what time n we can roll 2gether.
Old 11-22-2003, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by e_is_chillin
How's chelsea pier?
I don't like the city Can we find a better place, maybe in Queens or Long Island.
Old 11-22-2003, 10:18 AM

Also Juan said he wanted to get food and parking in the city is not fun and I don't want a parking place touching my car, yes I know I am gay with my car but thats just the way I am
Old 11-22-2003, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by D-sta
Also Juan said he wanted to get food and parking in the city is not fun and I don't want a parking place touching my car, yes I know I am gay with my car but thats just the way I am
what bout shea stadium parking lot....or green acres mall...or valley stream park.....around st' john's university parkin lot....sum ideas fellas?
Old 11-22-2003, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by spencediggy
what bout shea stadium parking lot....or green acres mall...or valley stream park.....around st' john's university parkin lot....sum ideas fellas?
Those all sound good, all of them within 15 min!! R. Feild Mall parking lot, Snt. Francis Prep. on Francis Lewis (off the L.I.E). Alley Pond Park. Chunningham Park, all off the Grand Central!! Again, just some thoughts
Old 11-22-2003, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Drrrive
Those all sound good, all of them within 15 min!! R. Feild Mall parking lot, Snt. Francis Prep. on Francis Lewis (off the L.I.E). Alley Pond Park. Chunningham Park, all off the Grand Central!! Again, just some thoughts
so then what it be man?! queens long island ...doesnt matta...
Old 11-22-2003, 12:29 PM

Franny Lew @11 is crowded. Roosevelt Field doesn't sound bad since there will not be that many maxima's since its strictly 3rd gens So they shouldn't give many problems plus there are a lot of parking lots throguhout old country road where we can go if we get kicked out. Driving there is not that bad either since Grand Central and LIE are pretty good with the roads.

Oh yeah DanNY please bring out your 3rd gen I would like to see it and most of all meet the man behind the screen
Old 11-22-2003, 01:00 PM

Franny Lew @11 is crowded. Roosevelt Field doesn't sound bad since there will not be that many maxima's since its strictly 3rd gens So they shouldn't give many problems plus there are a lot of parking lots throguhout old country road where we can go if we get kicked out. Driving there is not that bad either since Grand Central and LIE are pretty good with the roads.

Oh yeah DanNY please bring out your 3rd gen I would like to see it and most of all meet the man behind the screen
what time yall wanna go?
Old 11-22-2003, 01:06 PM

i am down.... just have no brakes and no clutch.. jay meet up before for some gliptone action
Old 11-22-2003, 01:07 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally Posted by spencediggy
what time yall wanna go?
well wait for Juan to get on since it was his idea so we gotta make sure the time is good for him. lol for me anytime is good.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:45 PM

True dat guys, Jason is right, my locations are just suggestions for Juan lets see what he has to say since he is the one who planned it out.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:59 PM

True dat guys, Jason is right, my locations are just suggestions for Juan lets see what he has to say since he is the one who planned it out.
aight..no prob...my internet connections iz actin crazy...so please call my cell...i'll send a pm 2 all.
Old 11-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

if DanNY shows up then hell has officially frozen over
Old 11-22-2003, 02:28 PM
e_is_chillin

Dang. I meant Carnarsie pier. Sry. Its just off the Belt Parkway. Or my favorite is 58th street pier in BK. Its always empty and can fit 200+ cars.

I don't like the city Can we find a better place, maybe in Queens or Long Island.

Old 11-22-2003, 02:50 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

next sat...sorry gents but i have to say that i can't make it. i'll be spending the delayed turkey day w/ the family that day.

but i can make a suggestion
i'm going to assume you guys are at least of drinking age.
Jillians off 110 on Farmingdale. get something to eat...trash talk playing nascar.

perhaps stop off for some food prior to Jillans...kinda get to know your fellow org member..LOL
Old 11-22-2003, 03:08 PM

next sat...sorry gents but i have to say that i can't make it. i'll be spending the delayed turkey day w/ the family that day.

Jillians off 110 on Farmingdale. get something to eat...trash talk playing nascar.

perhaps stop off for some food prior to Jillans...kinda get to know your fellow org member..LOL
thats not a bad idea...why go 2 jillians or roosevelt field 2nite...4 real...i gotta meet yall...i tired of chillin with 4th n 5th gen(no disrespect) at 7/11.
Old 11-22-2003, 03:15 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

damn i wish the drive wasnt such a biatch otherwise id go

Juan you get my email about the interior? if so please respond asap
Old 11-22-2003, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by crazy4maxima
i am down.... just have no brakes and no clutch.. jay meet up before for some gliptone action
yea ill be gliptone-ing my car before i go

on roosevelt field
Old 11-22-2003, 04:49 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

I was thinking the same thing, I dont know if we could hang out in the lot though, I know that people were hanging out there, like they do at bald hill but then the usual happened and people started being asses and doing burnouts. But Hanging out inside would be fine. Mabey meet up somewhere first, drool on each others cars then go to there and eat.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:14 PM

im all 4 it...what time is good 4 yall?
Old 11-22-2003, 05:40 PM

I've never been to a meet so I'm gonna make this my first. How about Fort Totten off the Cross Island?
Old 11-22-2003, 05:50 PM

aight....not 2 sound impatient but can yall make a decision!? cross island fort totten is good too but crowded with horny teenagers ..i think the farmingdale jillians is the best spot! say about 10pm?
Old 11-22-2003, 06:23 PM

Well we still need to see what Juan wants to do, let him decide i'm sure by tonight we should have an answer.
Old 11-22-2003, 06:38 PM

OK , i dont really care where it is, i just figure that somewhere between bk and li is the most convenient for everyone, this way no one has to make a huge drive out. i live in li but im in queens every other day so i dont care. i was gonna make a poll to make it easier, but it would get way too confusing, but since im the of this thread, i make the rules

i do want it to be during the day, this way we can actually see the cars.

sat at noon weather permitting

valley stream state park (xit 17 ish off the southern state) i like this one best, cant really screw up directions, lotsa parking, if we want to we can bbq, i will buy charcoal if everyone brings what they wanna eat( reasonalby, if you dont bring food, bring drinks, try to organize it with a friend (as an example jason and i will split the cost of 6 burgers and buns, and a six pack etc, just post up what youll bring so we dont have 100 hot dogs, oviously one person wont eat 10 hot dogs or six burgers)

just let me know if you're going and what you plan on bringing

kev i got your mail, i am hoping monday i can get to ups, i have been geting out of work late and just cant make it there on time. btw, im still searching for the rear deck pieces, dunno if i lost them or if thery are burried with the rest of the parts i took off the parts car,
btw the meet would be like 1/2 hour 45 min closer than my house if you wanted to come down, no need to worry about if the pieces make it or not in the mail. ill even come up with a longes distance traveled prize if you make it
Old 11-22-2003, 06:51 PM

OK , i dont really care where it is, i just figure that somewhere between bk and li (unless you are brain dead, this is queens) is the most convenient for everyone, this way no one has to make a huge drive out. if you all really want to meet at jillians the roosevent field one is an option, since it's closer, unless bk ppl dont care and want to make the drive. i live in li but im in queens every other day so i dont care. im gonna make a poll to make it easier. unless people wanna ***** up hero time( only if jason wants to let that out of the bag) i do want it to be during the day, this way we can actually see the cars. sat or sunday is cool with me if it confilcts with work for alot of ppl.
kev i got your mail, i am hoping monday i can get to ups, i have been geting out of work late and just cant make it there on time. btw, im still searching for the rear deck pieces, dunno if i lost them or if thery are burried with the rest of the parts i took off the parts car
well..im bored stayin home..n not enjoyin the good weather so like shavedmax said..."i dont really care where it is"....just make a decision. im sure everybody can agree.
Old 11-22-2003, 07:46 PM
e_is_chillin

Dang! Saturday is no good for me. If it changes to Sun. I'm in. I was looking foward to this meet especially because of it being cattered to 3rd gens. Anyways all I can say is to have fun guys. The first meet I went to on 6/14 over in NJ was the bomb. The turnout was awesome. I'm just sry I'll be missing this one. I'll be there in spirit. Take lots of pics guys and post them ASAP.

Quick Reply: 3rd gen queens meet