3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Nitrous...wet Setup...anyone????

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 03:23 PM

Nitrous...wet Setup...anyone????

Hey Guys,

I have a Zex Nitrous Wet Setup that my cousin, nightryder (madd props), will be putting in my 94 Max. I also got the one range colder copper spark plugs, Walbro Fuel Pump, gauges, window switch, and fuel pressure regulator.

DOES ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAVE A 3rd GEN MAXIMA WITH A WET NITROUS SETUP???

I've been lookin' everywhere for pictures of a wet setup but there must be nobody out there that has it done...or posted at least.

If you, or anyone you know, has any information on the setup for me or pictures...please let me know ASAP!! Thanks guys, Joel
Old 12-02-2003, 03:38 PM
STFU n00b!

Most likely, the people that have it aren't talking because they don't want copycats.... since a wet NOS setup involves quite a bit of plumbing and customization to install..

Is there a particular question you have on it?
Old 12-02-2003, 04:39 PM
Getting back to his roots

From what I read, the wet kit was the easiest one to install and tune since the nitrous nozzle also sprayed fuel, hence eliminating the need for alot of tuning involved with a dry kit.
Old 12-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I know someone... well kind of... But I'm not allowed to say anything.

Do you need window switches? I thought the ZEX just used the stock WOT switch?

Dont forget... Redline it then spray... Fast and Furious style baby! Yes I'm joking

Also, what gauges do you have? You also might want to get a mid-pipe from little piggie, or a full CAI to get the best results.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:27 PM

ZEX gets its info from the TPS, once at WOT, it sprays. I think the window switch is standard as well?
Old 12-02-2003, 11:04 PM

Well, in the nitrous section of the forums they have a bunch of stickies and info that will probably help u out. this being one of them.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by MrGone
You also might want to get a mid-pipe from little piggie, or a full CAI to get the best results.
a warp speed stainless steel y-pipe and high flow cat are already sitting in the garage ready for install when the zex kit goes in. the main thing i wanted to know (since the car is an everyday driver and isn't around to look under the hood) is where is the stock fuel psi regulator since i'm going to be replacing it, and where is a spot on the intake manifold i can hook the vaccum to. i'm sure it wouldn't take to long to figure out i just wanted to rip into it right off once i got the chance instead of worrying about this stuff.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:57 AM

stock FPR is on the right side of the front fuel rail. It has 2 hoses going to/from it, one is fuel return, the other is vacuum.

As for vacuum, any vacuum source should be fine, as long as its not one of the 2 that come from right before the throttle body's plate, those are only for the EGR and something else which I forgot. Just use a T fitting off another vacuum line, like maybe the VI's vacuum line (but it has to be before the 1way check valve).

Do you have a cold air intake or atleast a Mid-Pipe? I'd get one because it will be better for when you are spraying, there isnt as much turbulance as the stock one has, and because they are straight metal instead of that rippled plastic it will resist fuel puddling since you are running a Wet kit.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:47 PM

thanks MrGone, thats been the most help i have been able to get yet. atleast i have an idea of where the regulator is now and where to hook the lines up. oh and the zex wet kit hooks up to the stock fuel system to add the fuel. it dosen't add it into the intake. it's wierd the way it works and almost seems like it's just a dry kit. the puddling isnt' really a problem but i may try to convince him to get an intake anyway.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:34 PM

you have to use the FPR vacuuum signal more a more accurate reading on rasin fuel pressure on dry kits
i ran a wet kit years ago on my maxima, and i will only run wet kits to this day
Old 12-03-2003, 09:38 PM
STFU n00b!

Bah... Whadoyouknow?!

I'm catchin up with ya, Bryan.. down to 14.7 with my heavy *** 17s and huge brakes... put stock brakes back on with stiky tires, and I bet I could knock a few more tenths off... :thumpsup: