3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Body Kit Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 10:43 PM

Body Kit Question

I don't like this non-search thing... The search was my friend... heh.

But yeah... I was looking through the Stillen site for body kits, and I saw the full kit for $499. I'm thinking about getting it, but I don't know like what it really comes with... My friend had a Camry (heh, after reading that 1 post about the Camry and Maxima) and he got a body kit for it. It replaced his entire front bumper with grill. I know mine isnt goin'g to replace the grill, but would it replace the entire bumper and not be a bolt up like the skirts would be?...

Same question about the rear bumper.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:08 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Originally Posted by Evil_Twin
I know mine isnt goin'g to replace the grill, but would it replace the entire bumper and not be a bolt up like the skirts would be?...

No they're add-ons to the existing bumper
Old 12-13-2003, 11:14 PM

I just looked at the stillen kit on their website, and I could hardly even tell any difference with the car they show. I don't like body kits to begin with, but if you're gonna do something you should go all out.

Custommaxima.com has a more wild looking kit (although it is VERY eighties) that is a bumper replacement, but I recommend leaving the stock look.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:20 AM

Yeah, I heard that you could buy a wingswest body kit, but when I went to the site, I couldnt find anything with the body kit, all I found were spoilers.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:16 PM
Im izz sexay

The wings West kit stop selling a few months back. I was searching for it too. Don't feel bad.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:04 PM

actually i saw the wings west at a local store for like $550 but I still like the Stillen kit better.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by kingcarnage
I just looked at the stillen kit on their website, and I could hardly even tell any difference with the car they show. I don't like body kits to begin with, but if you're gonna do something you should go all out.

Custommaxima.com has a more wild looking kit (although it is VERY eighties) that is a bumper replacement, but I recommend leaving the stock look.
I didn't think any kits for our cars were bumper replacements?
Old 12-14-2003, 05:17 PM

i liked this erebuni kit .....but only the front bumper:

..but the one that no one can find is the wingswest kit.......but i think there is a silver 3rd gen here in Toronto with that kit...but 1 thing about that Max......the kit is the only mod on it.....and everything is bone stock.....
Old 12-14-2003, 05:35 PM

The Stillen kit doesn't look that good on the website. Trust me it looks much better in person and when the car is lowered. If you wanna see just look at N34JZ photo or ShavedMax, their cars look sick with the kit and the lowering.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:12 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally Posted by StRacer718
The Stillen kit doesn't look that good on the website. Trust me it looks much better in person and when the car is lowered. If you wanna see just look at N34JZ photo or ShavedMax, their cars look sick with the kit and the lowering.

yeah the pics they have on their website suck, they dont flatter the kit at all.

OH AND YOU HAVE TO DONATE TO SEARCH so it works but you just have to donate.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:45 AM

stillen kit looks better once u r lowered and got rims at least thats what i think.
Old 12-15-2003, 12:20 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Goodness the Kaminari/Erebuni kits are sooooooo sooooo soooooo grotesquely outdated looking. I cant believe anybody even mentions them at all.

IMO the Wings West kit is pretty outdated looking too unless modifified
Old 12-15-2003, 12:57 PM

On the Stillen site I think the color of that car contributes to the look. That burgandy is one of the worst colors i've seen on a 3rd Gen.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:52 PM

I like the look of the Erebuni type 111 kit...
Old 12-15-2003, 03:08 PM

I don't like this non-search thing... The search was my friend... heh.

But yeah... I was looking through the Stillen site for body kits, and I saw the full kit for $499. I'm thinking about getting it, but I don't know like what it really comes with... My friend had a Camry (heh, after reading that 1 post about the Camry and Maxima) and he got a body kit for it. It replaced his entire front bumper with grill. I know mine isnt goin'g to replace the grill, but would it replace the entire bumper and not be a bolt up like the skirts would be?...

I like the Stillen kit because it emphasises what makes the Maxima a good looking car to start with. It's subtle with being unnoticed. Alot of the other kits just look like pre-Fast and Furious wanna be's with their open mouthed carp look.

If you're doing a car for shows or something like that, get a real flashy kit so you'll stand out. If you want to drive on the street you want somethign ALOT milder. Those flashy kits and paint jobs can draw alot of attention you DON'T want, and they DON'T make you go faster (and the stickers don't add HP either!).
Old 12-15-2003, 03:26 PM

They still sell the WW kit, you just have to call and ask them to pop you out a new one. Last time I called it was 6 something shipped, $214 for just the front lip.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:57 PM

A point I like to make is "practicality"

With 3rd Gen. Stillen kit, even if you lower the car an inch (1.75" in my case) http://www.cardomain.com/id/maxedup

you won't hit the bottom of the front lip everytime you enter a shopping center or going over a bump (unlike my 4th gen.) because it's "curved up" in the front and rear.
Old 12-15-2003, 11:40 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Here's a nice car with the WW kits if anybody is interested:

Old 12-16-2003, 03:40 AM

I think the WW kit looks better... What do you guys think?

It might taking me a while, but if I take 1 step at a time in my modifications and don't go in debt in any way, it will happen.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:25 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

I think the WW kit looks better... What do you guys think?

It might taking me a while, but if I take 1 step at a time in my modifications and don't go in debt in any way, it will happen.
While I, too, like the WW kit (or at least some portions of it), the ONLY thing that turns me off about it is that it's not made of something flexible and less prone to breakage.

And while I've got a Stillen front lip, if WW had made their lip in polyurethane rather than fiberglass, I would've gotten that instead.

Now, I'm sure you're going to hear more people against the WW kit than for it, but that's how lemmings are to some extent.

It's your car, though, and the one-step-at-a-time route goes a long way for us "po folk"!
Old 12-16-2003, 06:03 PM

I'll see how my friends fiberglass kit goes with his camry... if it last a long time, i'll prolly go with the WW kit, but now I'm having second thoughts. Maybe they'll make a special one for me... I can only wish...
Old 12-16-2003, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by maxed up
A point I like to make is "practicality"

With 3rd Gen. Stillen kit, even if you lower the car an inch (1.75" in my case) http://www.cardomain.com/id/maxedup

you won't hit the bottom of the front lip everytime you enter a shopping center or going over a bump (unlike my 4th gen.) because it's "curved up" in the front and rear.

eeerrrr!!! Henrick, your ride looks so sick. Forget, I'm hating. I'm green with jealousy.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:56 AM

its your car go with what u think looks good on it, but i would get the stillen kit if not do a combo of both. its up to u.

damn Henrick ur max looks better than mine.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Gjohnson
eeerrrr!!! Henrick, your ride looks so sick. Forget, I'm hating. I'm green with jealousy.
Thanks for the compliments bro...
you too GRNMAXDMON, you have a tight ride too.
Henrik/MaxedUp
Old 12-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

w0w great discussion about kits... but has anyone mentioned anything about the sarona kits? i think i like the 101-06 kit kind of but man looking around... i just dont know!
Old 12-17-2003, 07:17 PM

man... i wish i had 2 maximas... then i could get a stillen kit, and a wings west kit... haha

Great Jobs on the kits guys... Those cars are sooo hot...
Old 12-18-2003, 09:51 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by LintyBoo
w0w great discussion about kits... but has anyone mentioned anything about the sarona kits? i think i like the 101-06 kit kind of but man looking around... i just dont know!

Yeah, but I read somewhere that those kits...

...are made of fiberglass. That would put you back to square one. But yeah, I do like the front end design, even if the sides are slightly over dramatized.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

matter of taste/mix them up

the 3rd gen is often difficult to mod bodywise for the main reason being that it is on the boxy-looking side. and kits can either make the car look MORE boxy, or, emphasize the curves that the car does have.

stillen kit, for me, brings out the car's curves and de-emphasizes the box look -like on n34jz's car: the sickest, baddest looking, most boss, 3rd gen i have ever seen. also, look what he has done *in addition to* the kit: he has the CF hood and those nice, very flattering and tasteful rims. and look at his rear spoiler wing: it harkens to the skyline. his car is very GTR-looking. and he went >>>all the way<<< to do it the "right" way; he payed attention to ALL areas of the car, as the kit is only a part of a symphonic whole.

the others are nice, too, wings west and sarona (nice front), but they sort of box the car up. but, again, it depends on what you do in addition to the kit. the pics of the ww and sarona kits are rather nice.

one could always mix body kit parts, too. but any kit will look gay as heL#L if you do stupid wheels and body colors and gay wal mart crap with it.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:19 PM

You guys are right about the stillen and the curves... I think I am going to go with that one. I thought I liked the WW kit, but it was just that the blue car that Davebond007 posted was just sooo nice looking. I need a job and money...
Old 12-18-2003, 09:17 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

You guys are right about the stillen and the curves... I think I am going to go with that one. I thought I liked the WW kit, but it was just that the blue car that Davebond007 posted was just sooo nice looking. I need a job and money...
Money??? What's THAT??
Old 12-19-2003, 09:45 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally Posted by bonzelite
the 3rd gen is often difficult to mod bodywise for the main reason being that it is on the boxy-looking side. and kits can either make the car look MORE boxy, or, emphasize the curves that the car does have.

stillen kit, for me, brings out the car's curves and de-emphasizes the box look -like on n34jz's car: the sickest, baddest looking, most boss, 3rd gen i have ever seen. also, look what he has done *in addition to* the kit: he has the CF hood and those nice, very flattering and tasteful rims. and look at his rear spoiler wing: it harkens to the skyline. his car is very GTR-looking. and he went >>>all the way<<< to do it the "right" way; he payed attention to ALL areas of the car, as the kit is only a part of a symphonic whole.

the others are nice, too, wings west and sarona (nice front), but they sort of box the car up. but, again, it depends on what you do in addition to the kit. the pics of the ww and sarona kits are rather nice.

one could always mix body kit parts, too. but any kit will look gay as heL#L if you do stupid wheels and body colors and gay wal mart crap with it.

wow thanks, it feels good seeing all my hard work being appreciated , and yeah IMO the stillen brings out the design of the car more, I like the modified wings west kit as a kit but I dont think that it compliments the car as well.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:56 AM

http://www.cardomain.com/id/blu_olr
here's a 3rd gen with a custom kit. the kit isn't all that bad a tad too ricey for me though. i've seen it in person and it was made pretty well. the body lines were covered up too which made it look much nicer. the guy who owns the car is a complete idiot. all you have to do is read his comments. but overall i thought it was nice to see a custom kit in person for the 3rd gen. but the owner once again is a complete idiot
Old 12-19-2003, 11:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

credit where it is overdue

for n34jz: yeah. i had to comp you major. your car is so awesome looking. what kind of wheels are those? holy crap. visit my cardomain site. i am a skyline fan. i know you're in new york. if you weren't so far away i'd request a visit. a sign of your good taste, too, is that you did not gay up the awesome work with GTR badges. you don't need them. your car looks fast sitting still.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by -shock211-
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blu_olr
here's a 3rd gen with a custom kit. the kit isn't all that bad a tad too ricey for me though. i've seen it in person and it was made pretty well. the body lines were covered up too which made it look much nicer. the guy who owns the car is a complete idiot. all you have to do is read his comments. but overall i thought it was nice to see a custom kit in person for the 3rd gen. but the owner once again is a complete idiot
I think his ride looks horrible. Especially without rims. But I don't know, it might be the retarded things that he says on his site that just completely turn me off and fuels the fire.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:06 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

he swapped in a rebuilt 97 motor with upgraded cams and overhead. Scarface 2 yo

plus the pics look photoshoped.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:58 PM
Maxima of the Month Dec. 07

12.2 seconds @ 172mph quarter mile time. Need I say more.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:58 PM

That dude sounds like a dipshlt. If he talks like that, fine, but why the hell would you type like that. Anyways I think the stillen Kit is the way to go. I have the Erebuni Kit on my 94. Check it out if you want. Not a bad kit, just would be nice if it came in 4 pieces (like the stillen kit) instead of 10.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:48 PM

gjohnson - oh...it's definately the way he talks that makes him and his ride seem 10x cheesier.

n34jz - the pics are bad...but i saw the kit in person and its real....real gay, real ricey, real ugly....etc.

bobdigi - the car looks nice man!
Old 12-19-2003, 10:51 PM

the funny thing is,
that he doesn't even talk that way. at least he didn't when i met him. he's an internet thug i guess. some people don't know any better though and all we can do is laugh at their stupidity
Old 12-20-2003, 05:18 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally Posted by -shock211-
gjohnson - oh...it's definately the way he talks that makes him and his ride seem 10x cheesier.

n34jz - the pics are bad...but i saw the kit in person and its real....real gay, real ricey, real ugly....etc.

bobdigi - the car looks nice man!

oh I just thought cause the kit color looked like it had no gloss like the rest of the car which is usually a sign but guess just crappy pics.

Quick Reply: Body Kit Question