3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Help Me!!!!! Someone!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 04:05 PM

Help Me!!!!! Someone!!!!

man oh man my abs unit went out in my 89 se if anyone has one of these i will but it TODAY if any one can help please email me djwhiz0001@aol.com dealer quoted over 1000 dollars for the part and labor i can do it my self but need a used one or somthing thanks guys!!
Old 01-24-2004, 07:22 PM
mod or sell?

What do you mean by went out?
Old 01-24-2004, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by 89badmaxse
man oh man my abs unit went out in my 89 se if anyone has one of these i will but it TODAY if any one can help please email me djwhiz0001@aol.com dealer quoted over 1000 dollars for the part and labor i can do it my self but need a used one or somthing thanks guys!!
www.car-part.com
Old 01-24-2004, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
What do you mean by went out?
blowing break fluid everywhere and i tryed to see if they make a rebuild kit for it and they dont i have to buy it new but every part store said the abs system is "dealer only" i just put an new engine in it and a new tranny all within the same year and i would hate to have to gut it or anything over a bad abs system. it is basically a new car if you neam it it been replaced...... twice lol
Old 01-25-2004, 12:00 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

They're probably quoting you for having to redo all those hard lines, since I don't think a dealer can warrant 15-year old brake lines if they have to replace the ABS master cylinder.

It'd be a safe bet to let a dealer do this. And since they're your brakes, they're a bit more important than most DIY jobs.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:22 AM
mod or sell?

As crazy as this sounds.
Call your insurance company or an extended warranty company and ask them who they would get a reman unit from.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by davebond007
They're probably quoting you for having to redo all those hard lines, since I don't think a dealer can warrant 15-year old brake lines if they have to replace the ABS master cylinder.

It'd be a safe bet to let a dealer do this. And since they're your brakes, they're a bit more important than most DIY jobs.

im sorry i mis wrote that. the dealer told my ,mechanic 1300 just for the abs pump. that wasnt including any kinda of labor it was just the part. i just spoke to him and asked about it and he said "no no no 1300 is just the part not any kind of labor" he is a real good family friend and has done tons (and i mean tons) of work to the max so i know he wouldnt lie. i called and they gave my a higher quote cuz i wasnt an auto shop. But my car has 213,000 miles on it and it is in good shape i do need paint and some body work but i just dont think it would be logical to spend 1500 or 1600 on this brake deal considering i can buy a whole other maxima (maybe a 5speed with a bad engine) swap all my stuff into it and then have a nicer one. if i can find a good used pump and do the whlole job for 500 ill be in the game again. i dunno ill see how the part search goes these things are hard to find
Old 01-25-2004, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
As crazy as this sounds.
Call your insurance company or an extended warranty company and ask them who they would get a reman unit from.
i was thinkin that but my sis has an extended warranty ad everytime shes had work done with it we take it to a shop the shop gets the parts then just bills the companyso i dont kno wif they would know. worth a shot though ill call any ways.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by drstillpatient

thanks for that hint belive it or not there are a couple on here near me (within my county) so tomarrow i am gonna cll a few places and majke sure its the part. they have it listed as abs pump but i think its it.