3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Suspension Upgrade question:

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Suspension Upgrade question:

Hi, I am in process of upgrading the whole suspension. So far i got:
Eibach 1.2 pro kit
Toxico Shocks (all 4)
Cattman FSTB
Addco RSB
Stillen FSB
I still have to install all of this.
Things To get:
Matt's Whole suspension kit (Rear Sway bar links, Rear parrallel replacement kit, RSTB, Stage II lower tie bar) (soon as i get some money)
WarpSpeed SFC ( sub frame connectors)
Anything else i'm missing? Is there anything else i should replace while i'm upgrading the suspension (any maintenance or aftermarket things)??
While i am upgrading this i also want to replace rims and tires. What size do you think i should go with my setup (eibach 1.2, Toxico blues) 17 or 18? Also what offset should i get? Sorry for all this question, but i don't want to mess up my whole suspension with wrong wheels. I was thinking of ordering the rims and tires from Ebay, what do you guys think? Thanx....
Old 01-28-2004, 03:56 PM

-toxico?.. tokico?
-god damn thats alot of stuff! and u dont even i havea 5spd car to do it all to...
-i have a VG auto too... and for the past 3 weeks iv been looking for a ve 5spd.. u should do the same..
- i have sprint springs TOKICO's,fstb,and a rsb (plus other non-supention mods) im dreding the day when i have to transfer all these parts over to a ve 5spd...save ur self the time and money, vg's are great! mine still runs like new... but i want more.. like turbo hehe

is that your Z?! looks sweet as hell ..
Old 01-28-2004, 04:56 PM

Oh come on VG auto ain't that bad of a car. It still beats a lot of these new little 4 cylinders today which come stock at like 130-145 HP.

And it's been proven to be capable of ridiculously high miles, like that one guy who had 400k+ and still going! Which makes it a good first driver.

I would like to have a VE 5-spd, but I'm gonna drive this car to its death before that happens.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:57 PM

Make sure your alignment is straight!
Old 01-28-2004, 05:18 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by Terry28
Hi, I am in process of upgrading the whole suspension. So far i got:
Eibach 1.2 pro kit
Toxico Shocks (all 4)
Cattman FSTB
Addco RSB
Stillen FSB
I still have to install all of this.
Things To get:
Matt's Whole suspension kit (Rear Sway bar links, Rear parrallel replacement kit, RSTB, Stage II lower tie bar) (soon as i get some money)
WarpSpeed SFC ( sub frame connectors)
Anything else i'm missing? Is there anything else i should replace while i'm upgrading the suspension (any maintenance or aftermarket things)??
While i am upgrading this i also want to replace rims and tires. What size do you think i should go with my setup (eibach 1.2, Toxico blues) 17 or 18? Also what offset should i get? Sorry for all this question, but i don't want to mess up my whole suspension with wrong wheels. I was thinking of ordering the rims and tires from Ebay, what do you guys think? Thanx....
I think you're in my neck of the woods.
and the Z is parked next to the skokie lagoon.
let me know what rims/tires you're looking at.
I get wholesale from tirerack and discount tire.
Not too mention I get a good price on Kumhos

Oh, and who's doing the work for you? or are you doing it urself?
Old 01-28-2004, 05:40 PM
STFU n00b!

for performance, I wouldn't go any bigger than 17"

you can go 17x8 w 32 offset and run 235/45/17 and that's about the fattest tire you can fit in the wheel wells without rolling the fenders. (hmmmmmm. )

Also, don't buy off ebay.. buy from a reputable place and get your tires at the same place- that way if something is messed up, you have a place to go and yell at the manager, not send 500 emails to mailbox never to be read.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

how about this?

How about this
http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....ShowLarge=True
or
Which one looks nice, 5 spoke or 6? I am thinking of going with 5 spoke?
Will those wheels be ok with my setup??
ChrisCheezer: Thanx for correcting me i know there was something wrong with the way i spelled it.
Yes, that is my Z,

internetautomar , how much do you think u can get me the enkei 5 spokes or 6 with the tire package, 215/40/17? I am thinking of going to ultimate Z or Driver's Image. Do you know any good place??

Hey Matt, on the Enkei rims, on the 6 spokes, the offset is 38 and on 5 spokes, it's 40. Will that be all right or No? Do you also think i should change anything else while i am upgrading the suspension, any thing i missed like bushings or anything like that. Also should i change something cause it might be worn out and so while i am doing this upgrade i should replace that??
Thank You Very Much For Your Help!!
Old 01-29-2004, 07:03 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by Terry28
How about this
or
Which one looks nice, 5 spoke or 6? I am thinking of going with 5 spoke?
Will those wheels be ok with my setup??
ChrisCheezer: Thanx for correcting me i know there was something wrong with the way i spelled it.
Yes, that is my Z,

internetautomar , how much do you think u can get me the enkei 5 spokes or 6 with the tire package, 215/40/17? I am thinking of going to ultimate Z or Driver's Image. Do you know any good place??

Hey Matt, on the Enkei rims, on the 6 spokes, the offset is 38 and on 5 spokes, it's 40. Will that be all right or No? Do you also think i should change anything else while i am upgrading the suspension, any thing i missed like bushings or anything like that. Also should i change something cause it might be worn out and so while i am doing this upgrade i should replace that??
Thank You Very Much For Your Help!!
Check what discount tire and tirerack have
I buy wholesale from both of them.
Tires I handle quite a few makes.
I don't stock any as If I did I'd have to raise prices to pay for the storage of em'
So everything by me is ordered but I usually have it next day.