3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

$3500 and a '92 SE 5sp at 84,000miles

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 01:06 PM

$3500 and a '92 SE 5sp at 84,000miles

Sooo, Ive got this loan, and winter will be over soon! Ive got $3500 to spend and that includes a lil bit of the work to install... Its gotta cover my body kit -stillen areo $500- and a diff front piece off something else $300 - I WANNA GO CRAZY FACIA CUSTOM! - Im gettin the BMW e36 projectors, the good ones! $350ish and a Hood scoop $100 -- So really, $2600 to put in parts and fun toys! I wanna full exhaust, intake, hopefully adjustable shocks and struts -aint found em yet- and a sway kit, strut bar, proformance clutch maybe a stage 2 form stillen, and im not sure what else... I dont what parts to get, I know certain setups work better than others. I need suggestions!!! SPEND MY MONEY!!! I wanna fly and have the support to back up the power!
-Ben
Old 02-06-2004, 01:09 PM
mod or sell?

Lowering springs, or maybe some coilovers.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

spend it wisely, because any money you put into the car you wont get out of it when you go to sell it.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:34 PM

As if anyone would sell a VE 5spd
Old 02-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Way out West

If you are putting a body kit on (and a hood scoop???), you will easily eat up most of your money just on body and paint, unless you have the skills to do it all yourself.

before you go blowing all your (borrowed) cash, you had better consider labor and materials on the things you want the most.

I hope you are a good mechanic, because a lot of the things you want to install will cost several hundred in labor (each) if you don't do it yourself.

My recommendation is to slow down a little. Do one thing at a time and try to save money for unknown things that always pop up when you start modding a car.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:27 PM

Try to only spend half on parts, because like Red92 said labor for installs will cost alot.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:52 PM

wait, you took out a loan to mod your max?!?! Hard core, but doesn't sound smart...

Like Red92MaxSE said, you could eat all that and maybe even more on body work.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:09 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

dont go crazy on body work, start with the motor get it running purrrrfect then add a few bolt on's, after that so a few suspension mods, after that if theres money left over maybey add a tasteful body kit however if i see a hood scoop or an airplane wing on it ill personally have to
Old 02-06-2004, 06:24 PM

save the money because with a VE its about that time that the vtcs might start tickin..
Old 02-06-2004, 07:53 PM

2 words

turbo kit !!!!!

shift_hand of good
Old 02-10-2004, 06:39 PM

I would recomend a strut tower bar, they are on ebay for $11.50 and help tremendously. I reciently purchased one and noticed the difference backing out of the driveway.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:26 AM

not to worry

Soooo yea, Ive got this body guy/mechanic hookup... Paint, labor, custom installs, i get to help, and there almost free soooo, were not worried about the cost of the installs! My car is going to end up as D & T Autobody's lil show whip, my paint and body mods inside and out are all gonna be heavily discounted, ill be putting the custom air blush action and laying all the tape down myself. As for the parts gettin put on, Ive got a buddy who has his own shop and he isnt gonna change me hardly anything in labor rates... $25/hour at the most!!! Sooo, dont be shy with suggestions! Thanks for the words of advise from a fellow Maxer!
-Ben

Originally Posted by Red92MaxSE
If you are putting a body kit on (and a hood scoop???), you will easily eat up most of your money just on body and paint, unless you have the skills to do it all yourself.

before you go blowing all your (borrowed) cash, you had better consider labor and materials on the things you want the most.

I hope you are a good mechanic, because a lot of the things you want to install will cost several hundred in labor (each) if you don't do it yourself.

My recommendation is to slow down a little. Do one thing at a time and try to save money for unknown things that always pop up when you start modding a car.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:28 AM

Your scarrin me now!!!......

What exactly is the VTCS??? My lil baby's only got 84K on her... Your tellin me shes about to start crying?

Originally Posted by CanadianMaxima
save the money because with a VE its about that time that the vtcs might start tickin..
Old 02-11-2004, 11:36 AM

Please tell me that you didn't just get a loan to mod your car
Old 02-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Getting back to his roots

Originally Posted by OTHNIEL BAXTER
300 Zx Twin Turbo Engine, T3 Turbo Upgrade.
Where exactly can I get this upgrade done again?
Old 02-11-2004, 02:41 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by Mizeree_X
Where exactly can I get this upgrade done again?
If you got the money, I can get it done.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:49 PM

300 Zx Twin Turbo Engine, T3 Turbo Upgrade. Sprint 1.8 Drop, Koni Shocks, Warpspeed Y-pipe, Or Pace Setter Header, 2.25-2.5 Inch B Pipe Muffler Of Your Choice, Straight Cat Or For Those Of Us With Emissions Standards Warpspeed Hi Flow Kitty, Front And Rear Strut Bars, Pace Setter Short Shifter, Bmw E36 Angle Eye Projectors, Carbon Hood, Stillen Kit, Big Brake Kit W/ Cross Drilled Rotors,if U Have Cloth Seats Drop Some Recaro Seats In, Two 12's Tv, Bucket O Paint, And About 12 Layers Of Clear Coat. Wait And The Hoes Will Come.(u Must Do It In This Exact Order Or They Wont.)

dude you are a moron....first off the entire TT motor itself takes up the entire loan and probably more...not to mention wiring harnesses, an engine bay strecher and RWD conversion..its not as easy as you think buddy
Old 02-11-2004, 08:47 PM

Twin Turbo Eh??!

300zx Twin turbo huh??? Would that even fit, arent there some transmission issues being that the zx is a rear wheel drive??? And where is this infamous CARBON HOOD ive seen but never found to buy??? Thankx for the input!!!
-Ben

Originally Posted by OTHNIEL BAXTER
300 Zx Twin Turbo Engine, T3 Turbo Upgrade. Sprint 1.8 Drop, Koni Shocks, Warpspeed Y-pipe, Or Pace Setter Header, 2.25-2.5 Inch B Pipe Muffler Of Your Choice, Straight Cat Or For Those Of Us With Emissions Standards Warpspeed Hi Flow Kitty, Front And Rear Strut Bars, Pace Setter Short Shifter, Bmw E36 Angle Eye Projectors, Carbon Hood, Stillen Kit, Big Brake Kit W/ Cross Drilled Rotors,if U Have Cloth Seats Drop Some Recaro Seats In, Two 12's Tv, Bucket O Paint, And About 12 Layers Of Clear Coat. Wait And The Hoes Will Come.(u Must Do It In This Exact Order Or They Wont.)
Old 02-11-2004, 08:50 PM

a carbon fiber hood is listed here http://www.sportcarmotion.com/carbon.htm
Old 02-11-2004, 08:52 PM

Ws it that stupid to get a loan to trick out my ride???? What the F'n difference does it make??? I want my whip to be hot, been plain on it for over a year, with the loan in mind the whole time, the car is about to be paid off the original loan and now i wanna deck it out.... I suppose ill end up paying a lot more for the parts and all in the end with the interest, but it was the same deal for the car, as with most anyones car... ANy how, gimme a good reason not to take it out and spend it....
Old 02-14-2004, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by MAXMYZD
Ws it that stupid to get a loan to trick out my ride???? What the F'n difference does it make??? I want my whip to be hot, been plain on it for over a year, with the loan in mind the whole time, the car is about to be paid off the original loan and now i wanna deck it out.... I suppose ill end up paying a lot more for the parts and all in the end with the interest, but it was the same deal for the car, as with most anyones car... ANy how, gimme a good reason not to take it out and spend it....
my brother took a loan out to get a piant job on his car one time and a tree fell on it 3 days after it was done. then he eneded up having to pay that loan off and try to save for another car since he didnt have full coverage insurance. i dunno i just dont think it is a good idea to borrow money to mod a car cuz somthing always happends.... but to each his own if you want it get it and have fun........ got any pics of your ride???
Old 02-15-2004, 11:12 AM

Right on, point taken!

Im supposen thats a good point... But still, itd be the same deal if hed just saved up all the cash and then the same hting happend, mad out of pocket! Anyhow, I guess ill figure this out, maybe ill just save some and take out a way smaller loan, We'll see... As for pics, shes justa plain jane '92 SE 5sp in a burgandy metalic... Ill wait till I get her started before I go clickn away with the camera. One of a kinda though Ill tell ya! I just won the Japanese spec maxima Grill... E-bay rocks! I plan on Bmw headlights, and skyline rear tails, most of the stillen aero kit, with a civic front facia, hood scoop, badd *** 8" spoiler and 18s all around. Custom paint -not sure what color yet- and air brush work to boot. Ill be there throughout the whole exterior process assisting and learning all the way! As for the underhood and inner pep... Still figuring it out. I hopeing to put her up to 250ish hp in the end though. We'll see!

Originally Posted by 89badmaxse
my brother took a loan out to get a piant job on his car one time and a tree fell on it 3 days after it was done. then he eneded up having to pay that loan off and try to save for another car since he didnt have full coverage insurance. i dunno i just dont think it is a good idea to borrow money to mod a car cuz somthing always happends.... but to each his own if you want it get it and have fun........ got any pics of your ride???