3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 05:08 PM

Tires

What do you think of these tires for my car?

==============

Kumho Ecsta HP4 716 (Grand Touring All-Season)

Sidewall Style: Blackwall

Size:205/65-15
HR Speed Rated Price: $41
Estimated Availability: In Stock

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar..._065HR5376B_=4

==============

I read some of the review, and 1 person with a '94 Maxima said the tires were noisey. I dont mind if they're noisey or not... There was a couple 5 out of 10's but most were 10 of 10's.

I am like 65% wanting it. I need new ones because I have all 4 different ones on my car. haha.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:22 PM

I have them. They are awesome. And no, they are not noisy.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:58 PM

what about these from Costco?

==================

BridgestoneŽ Potenza RE950 P205/65HR15
All-Season High Performance

$86.99

Item # 618539
Shipping, Handling, Installation and Disposal Included in Price

The high performance that made the Potenza name so famous advances to an even higher level in the BridgestoneŽ Potenza RE950 with UNI-T AQII. The unique tread and sidewall design is inspired by the Bridgestone Potenza racing rain tire. The tread features a center groove, which minimizes hydroplaning and adds agility on wet and dry roads. UNI-T AQII further reinforces the UNI-T AQ advantage of wet handling as the tire wears. ˇ UNI-T AQII Technology ˇ All-season high performance tire ˇ Excellent wet and dry handling ˇ Sidewall style: Black wall ˇ Speed Rating: H ˇ Warranty: 45,000 mile limited tread wear warranty (for 65 & 60 series only)40,000 mile limited tread wear warranty (for 55 & lower series only)Platinum pact limited warranty30 day test drive
Your tire purchase will be shipped to the Costco Wholesale warehouse location you selected at checkout. Prices and availability subject to change without notice. Your order will arrive at your selected warehouse in approximately 5 - 10 business days from the time of order. You will be notified by phone when your tires arrive at the warehouse and are ready for installation. Please include a daytime phone number at the time of checkout. For Alaska and Hawaii orders, the estimated delivery time will be approximately 10 - 20 business days from the time of order. You have four weeks from the date of delivery to the warehouse to pick up your tires or have them installed. If your tires are not picked up or installed within four weeks, your order may be cancelled.An Installation Charge of $9.00 per tire is included in the quoted price. This includes: MountingLifetime balancingLifetime rotationLifetime flat repairLifetime air pressure checksNew rubber valve stemCostco Wholesale's road hazard warrantyFor details click here* . Costco Wholesale charges a $1.00 disposal fee per tire. This charge is included in the quoted price. Additional tire fees may be collected at checkout in accordance with local or state regulations. The final decision to install a tire on a vehicle will be made by the Costco Tire center manager or supervisor. The tire must meet all vehicle manufacturers safety standards and specifications. Installation of Less Than a Full Set of TiresIt is always recommended to replace tires in complete sets. When purchasing less than four tires, the new tires will be installed on the rear of your vehicle regardless of the drive axle. This does not apply to Dual Wheel vehicles or vehicles with different size tires on the front and rear of the vehicle. Speed RatingTires will only be installed if the speed rating is the same or higher than the speed rating that the vehicle manufacturer equipped the vehicle with from the factory. Load Carrying CapacityTires will only be installed if the load carrying capacity is the same or higher than the load carrying capacity that the vehicle manufacturer equipped the vehicle with from the factory. Four Wheel Drive and All Wheel Drive VehiclesIt is always recommended to replace tires on Four Wheel Drive and All Wheel Drive vehicles in complete sets. When purchasing less than four tires, the tire size and tread design must be identical, and the overall circumference between the old tires and the new tires must have a difference of less than 1 1/2 inches. If less than a complete set of tires is purchased, the new tires will be installed on the rear of the vehicle. Some items may be unavailable from the manufacturer. You will be notified by email within approximately 2 - 3 business days from the time of your order if unavailable.* If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader, which will allow you to view this type of PDF document, visit the Adobe website at www.adobe.com to download this software. Adobe, Acrobat, and Acrobat Reader are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.Costco.com offers merchandise which complements our warehouse product selection. Therefore, most items available on our web site are unique to costco.com.Costco.com products can be returned to any of our more than 400 Costco warehouses worldwide.

[Model RE950 P205/65HR15]
Old 03-28-2004, 09:24 PM

they are more than twice as expensive dude! but i can only vouch for kumho's.