3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

HELP... Parking Light Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 06:09 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

HELP... Parking Light Issue

Hi All,
I am having issues with my parking light circuit, when i turrn on my lights, the headlights work, but the parking lights and dash lights do not. I know they are on the same circuit, I have checked and replace the fuse in the dash.

Here's the kicker: I drove home the last night with hazzards on, mysteriously, the parking lights and dash lights came back on. FREAKY. Of course they don't work today. Has anyone experience this? Is there another fuse? Is there a relay? Could it be a short?

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2004, 06:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

if you've messed with any wiring (rewires or whatever), check all those wires first and make sure they're insulated properly

otherwise, check out your tail light sockets. They have a tendency to corrode and then it'll blow the fuse which also controls parking lights and dash lights. You can see the sockets by going in the trunk and pulling up the panel just behind the taillights. Look for any corrosion on the wires. I was able to fix mine with some electrical tape, but others have been worse and had to replace the whole plastic piece with one from a junkyard. Mine would blow the fuse when I turned on the parking lights. To diagnose it, unplug both side taillights (connector at the bottom of each one) and try the parking lights. If the lights still work (fuse not blown), then the problem is likely in one of the taillights sockets. Plug in one side and test again. If still working, plug in the other side and test. You should be able to figure out which side (maybe both) is the problem and then fix it hopefully.

good luck