3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2001, 11:07 AM

Hi everyone. I just bought a '91 SE that looks like it's been very well looked-after. Ideally, I'd like this fine automobile to last me another 5-6 years (it has just under 100K miles). This is my first Maxima, and I need you more experienced guys to gimme some advice: What are the best ways to maintain this car's reliability? Make a Top 5 List out of it. Fluids? Fuels? Special mods? PLEASE HELP!

Thanks a lot in advance.

din@lawngnome.org
Old 04-02-2001, 11:10 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

if it's a auto have the tranny fluid flushed ASAP.
also check the timing belt and make sure that won't break on u.
Old 04-02-2001, 11:25 AM

one thing to check...

There was a factory recall on the seatbelts in the back seat acutally the one on the driver side... You see from that plastic piece you can see in that wheel well, the drivers side rear, water and salt and other stuff stays up in there and causes the wheel well to rot, You may want to check to see if your car has had the recall fixed... I had my car checked, and thank god because if i would have done a hard brake a few times with someoen in the back seat it would have ripped the seatbelt mechanism right out.... Other than that I dont knwo of any major recalls...