3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 01:05 PM

help please

I know this may sound kinda stupid, but i didn't take it. Okay, when i tried out my maxima it was fine, but when i took owner ship of the car I've noticed little things had disappeared.
Like my Cold/Hot button (with out it this winter i won't be able to change to heat :frown
My Neons, I had to get my cousin to rewire to a toggle switch BUT MY BACK ONE WORKED BEFORE HE HOOKED IT UP AND NOW IT DON'T.
and other stuff.
BUT MY QUESTIONs ARE
1. How can I check to see why its not coming on?
2. Does anyone have a spare hot/cold switch they could sale or send? (before September when it starts getting cold )
Old 07-31-2004, 03:15 PM

For the neons, you can take a volt meter to the wiring. Find a suitable ground for the black lead. Then start at the power distrubition block (hoping that your neon system has one).

Check for power at the terminal. If good, follow the wire to the light, checking for breaks, or stripped insulation. Especially at any point that the wire rubs on something, or where it takes a sharp turn.

Now all the neon lights I've seen, have the wire going directly into the light. And I don't recommend opening up the case. But you can take the red lead and poke into the insulation to check for power. Make sure you cover the spot with some electrical tap when done.

If you have power, then check your ground for the light, if that's good. Your light is bad. If you don't get any power, then there's a break somewhere in the wiring.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:39 PM

Thank You. I will try that tommorrow