3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Wrecked My Car!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 11:01 AM

Wrecked My Car!

Well everyone i am sorry to say i wrecked/totaled my car. I am very upset right now. I not only could of killed 2 of my friends and my self, but i killed my car also. I cant really remember wat happened. I remember my friend yelling at me to hit the brakes, so i slamed on the brakes and closed my eyes because i knew wat was going to happen. I then slid under the work van and got hit by the air bag. I am hurting physically and emotionally right now. This is my first accident and i am upset by all the work that i put into my car and its now all down the drain. I have to figure out what i am going to be doing now, i'll keep you all posted. Ohh and if you are up to it, here are pics.

Car pics
Old 08-22-2004, 11:11 AM
smokyman13

Originally Posted by probmxstyle
Well everyone i am sorry to say i wrecked/totaled my car. I am very upset right now. I not only could of killed 2 of my friends and my self, but i killed my car also. I cant really remember wat happened. I remember my friend yelling at me to hit the brakes, so i slamed on the brakes and closed my eyes because i knew wat was going to happen. I then slid under the work van and got hit by the air bag. I am hurting physically and emotionally right now. This is my first accident and i am upset by all the work that i put into my car and its now all down the drain. I have to figure out what i am going to be doing now, i'll keep you all posted. Ohh and if you are up to it, here are pics.

Car pics
damn man thats a *****....how bad did crap get messed up in the engine bay?....you could always get junkyard parts and repiece it.....but could be too expensive

Old 08-22-2004, 11:30 AM

2 fenders, 2 headlights, 2 corner lights, hood, bumper, depends on whats messed up inside the hood but fix it bro...or sell me those fire rims

hell, sell me your car
Old 08-22-2004, 12:15 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Oh man sorry to hear. It can be fixed though. I have all the air bag sensors and an air bag. The only problem is that it is brown but you could always paint it.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If you want to fix it I have a driver side headlight and both turn signals and some corners.

really sucks though . Hopefully there isn't any legal crap your going to have to put up with.

oh and if you part it, I'm interested in some parts /vulture mode.

(it doesn't look too bad though, I think the radiator support would be the hardest part to replace.)
Old 08-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Loved by MrGone longtime

wow, sorry to see another max bite the dust, especially a black one.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:52 PM
mod or sell?

left a u pull it yard earlier that had a VE in good shape body wise.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:31 PM
STFU n00b!

radiator, AC condensor, core support, headlights, hood, fenders, bumper and support..

you can fix it for about $1000 in parts if you shop around.

important thing is that nobody got hurt.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:21 PM

It breaks my heart to look at it and to let it go. But i think i am goin to have to sell it as is or part it out.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:41 PM

just because I loved how your car looked so much...I'll let you buy my car...it is for sale, look in the for sale section baby!
Old 08-22-2004, 03:51 PM
Way out West

Sorry to hear about the wreck and I am glad that you aren't seriously hurt, even though any injuries suck...

You should talk to Spipedong90 about the stuff he has done. He had an accident that looks very similar to yours and he is in the process of rebuilding his car.

Good luck.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:08 PM

Man that sucks

I hate to see that. I remember when I saw your third gen when I first came on here. It looked so clean and the wheels were nice. Glad to see that everything is ok including yourself and friends.

Like everybody else said you can replace it with parts. I have fairly a new radiator and all the supports I believe. My car is now a parts car because of the engine. I have become a trader and getting a 4th gen.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:10 PM

tightblue wondering if you'll be selling your rims/tires?
Old 08-22-2004, 05:21 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

LOL seems the rims/tires are popular...put me on the list also......leather ? or cloth...
Old 08-22-2004, 05:51 PM

It really is a shame to see a maxima that way, but you know what it probably happened for the better. Now, you get rid of the car and get a better one. Although it sucks that all the time and money you put in the car are all down the drain. Try not to stress it so much. At the end you'll look back and laugh at it. By the way your rims are awesome. I would put a high price on those if I were you. Everybody wants those wheels, LOL.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:11 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by sinister
I would put a high price on those if I were you. Everybody wants those wheels, LOL.

yeah unless you want money for them. I tried to sell my wheels and tires for only like $500 or so a couple of years ago. They were perfect and no one would even pay that for them.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:35 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

Front end collisions always suck, epcially when it's your front end and who's at fault. I had a front end collision (I wasn't paying attention to the traffic) a few years back and I think I got less than a year before it's drop off my record, for insurance purpose. Anyways, without trying to sound heartless what was the details behind the accident? Ran a light, fell asleep, not paying attention. If you feel up to it, state all the facts so we can use your example as a learning lesson. This isn't about bashing you, it's about letting everyone know shiit happens regardless who's at fault, but we learn from it and move on. Sorry about the accident.

MIKE
Old 08-22-2004, 08:26 PM

It all happened so fast. All i really remember is my friend yelling brakes at me. She said she said it a few times but i only heard it the one time. Its like my brain fell asleep on me, cause she said I was staring at the road ahead of me. When i relized wat was going on i slammed on the brakes and slid under the van. The air bag really messed my arms up to. Ohh and my friend in the back seat was wearing a seat belt and it never locked up on him, causing him to hit the cealing and the back of the front passenger seat. The person behind me said my rear wheels came off the ground.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:55 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

ummm were you drinking at all?
would your blood/urine check out drug/alcohol free?

sorry about the car...but how does your brain fall asleep?
Old 08-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

If you do decide to fix up the Max I have a set of headlights you can have free of charge and I'll pay for the shipping to send them to you. Just be glad you're okay and that you're at least able to see your car. It could be a whole lot worst. The damage is not that bad though. You could take your time and fix it and have it back to normal. I had an mishap where a van with a LOVELY reinforced steel bumper back into my max and pushed my e36 headlight, front edge of my fender and grille in about 8-10 inches away from my bumper. I pulled most of it out by hand but I still got to bring it to a shop for some body work and have the front end readjusted straight because he slightly bent the frame in the front but not enough to cause major damage. On a good note my headlight didn't break which was good because I made custom angel eyes for the USDM's and they held up.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:07 PM

don't feel bad man. i went through the same crap about 2-3 years ago. my accident pix r in my cardomain on the first page. good thing that ur ok and ur friends r ok as well. sorry about the accident though. but if u r thinkin' about fixin' ur max i got a pair of stock corners in perfect conditions laying around and some other small parts. but it doesn't look that bad of a damage. i think mine was worse.

rick
Old 08-22-2004, 11:09 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

To probmxstyle -

First of all, good to hear that you (as well as your friends) were able to walk away from this with nothing more than bruises and such. I know it's sorta-kinda an oxymoron to call it a 'good accident', but if you can walk away from it, then it CAN be considered such in the broader sense of things.

I've been in a couple of accidents - including one somewhat similar to the one you describe - and I know it can be VERY easy to be 'hypnotized' by the road during a long road trip.

Mike kinda hit on a point that it WOULD be a learning experience for all of us if we knew at least some of the details surrounding your mishap. I know it might be difficult (and painful) to remember it all, but anything you can add to this would greatly help not just Maxima owners, but ALL drivers.

In any case, good luck in whatever you plan on doing (whether staying in the 'maxima family, or moving on).
Old 08-23-2004, 12:05 AM

i would love to help you all out and tell you exactly what happened as a learning experience. But like i said its all a blur to me. I'd like to thank you all for your support! This has been a hard few weeks for me with having to get a new clutch, a new window, having my pet put to sleep and finding out how i am going to pay for classes that start on wed. If i have to move on the memory of my max will always stay with me. I jus loved that car to death and treated her as well as i could. I did look at a car that my friends step father is selling, its a 91 MR2 turbo. but like i said this is all still to new and i am waiting for the dust to settle befor i make a decision on what i am going to have to do.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:14 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

i would love to help you all out and tell you exactly what happened as a learning experience. But like i said its all a blur to me. I'd like to thank you all for your support! This has been a hard few weeks for me with having to get a new clutch, a new window, having my pet put to sleep and finding out how i am going to pay for classes that start on wed. If i have to move on the memory of my max will always stay with me. I jus loved that car to death and treated her as well as i could. I did look at a car that my friends step father is selling, its a 91 MR2 turbo. but like i said this is all still to new and i am waiting for the dust to settle befor i make a decision on what i am going to have to do.

Hmmm... a '91 MR2 turbo is a pretty nice 'pocket rocket'. I had an 89 supercharged "Mister 2", and I had loads of fun with it. But of course, I had it in Germany, where I could REALLY open her up (had it up to 133, at one point).

But I digress.....
Old 08-23-2004, 01:59 PM

Do you have collosion coverage?
Old 08-23-2004, 03:48 PM

Car pics

that suck about your car
Old 08-23-2004, 04:53 PM

Looks familiar. I feel your pain.

Good luck with the toyota if you get it, just watch the maintenance on it. I bought a Turbo Supra to replace my max and its down with rod knock, and belive it or not I'm driving the max again as seen here: http://ghettomods.net/images/maximabusted.jpg

Parts were like $150 from a parts car and I still need a core support.

Personally though, I still feel more comfortable in the max than I ever did in the supra.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Spipedong90
Looks familiar. I feel your pain.

Good luck with the toyota if you get it, just watch the maintenance on it. I bought a Turbo Supra to replace my max and its down with rod knock, and belive it or not I'm driving the max again as seen here: http://ghettomods.net/images/maximabusted.jpg

Parts were like $150 from a parts car and I still need a core support.

Personally though, I still feel more comfortable in the max than I ever did in the supra.
I still feel more comfortable in the max that what is all aobut.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by DanNY
sorry about the car...but how does your brain fall asleep?
I don't think it's that uncommon. Driving down a straight road with the same view in front of you and you can pretty easily zone out. it's the same sort of thing when people not used to winter driving say the get "hypnotized" during snowfalls.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by KRMaxima21
If you do decide to fix up the Max I have a set of headlights you can have free of charge and I'll pay for the shipping to send them to you. Just be glad you're okay and that you're at least able to see your car. It could be a whole lot worst. The damage is not that bad though. You could take your time and fix it and have it back to normal. I had an mishap where a van with a LOVELY reinforced steel bumper back into my max and pushed my e36 headlight, front edge of my fender and grille in about 8-10 inches away from my bumper. I pulled most of it out by hand but I still got to bring it to a shop for some body work and have the front end readjusted straight because he slightly bent the frame in the front but not enough to cause major damage. On a good note my headlight didn't break which was good because I made custom angel eyes for the USDM's and they held up.
same here, my clear corners should be coming in soon and ill send you my stock corners (mint condition) to you and ill pay for shipping too
Old 08-23-2004, 06:09 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by DMad8724
same here, my clear corners should be coming in soon and ill send you my stock corners (mint condition) to you and ill pay for shipping too
and where did you buy them?
Old 08-23-2004, 06:37 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Wait a minute...werent you just calling clear corners rice a couple of weeks ago?

Old 08-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Maxima Withdrawl is real

yeah let me mkno if ur selling them rims i dunno whos ahead of me but i have $$ to buy anytime
Old 08-23-2004, 08:03 PM
Maxima Withdrawl is real

if u get it fixed its a perfect time for an e36 conversion, if u want headlights OEM, there some maximas in the junkyard here that i think have them, let me kno, i can check and stuff and theres some greay maxes here too which still have hood, front side panels and not front bumper tho, let me kno whats up it might be cheaper and no need for paint. i just mention this cause i see your in maryland
Old 08-23-2004, 08:53 PM

Well guys I actually may be staying in the nissan family. I found a 94 SE 5 speed for sale at a dealer local to me. I believe it has 90K miles on her and is the same exact color combo as me. They are asking 4900 fo her so i am goin to go take a look at her soon. And man i really appreciate all the offers for parts with paid shipping. But i couldent do that, i would just feel bad accepting them. i will continue to keep you all posted. Thanks again for all the support guys, this forum ROCKS!
Old 08-23-2004, 09:14 PM

Damn, that sucks dude. You have one of the hottest 3rd gens and I don't want to see it go. Nice Modas.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:25 PM

well if your interested in getting rid of the whole ride then let me know
Old 08-23-2004, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by awsm66
Wait a minute...werent you just calling clear corners rice a couple of weeks ago?

I don't remember it? but whatever...plus their my bday present from my bro..
Old 08-24-2004, 05:23 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

I don't remember it? but whatever...plus their my bday present from my bro..

you know...in your thread where you were showed your new tail lights and trunk piece.

Of course I am old so my memory may be bad BUT if I am right then my memory is better than yours LOL.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:25 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Well guys I actually may be staying in the nissan family. I found a 94 SE 5 speed for sale at a dealer local to me. I believe it has 90K miles on her and is the same exact color combo as me. They are asking 4900 fo her so i am goin to go take a look at her soon. And man i really appreciate all the offers for parts with paid shipping. But i couldent do that, i would just feel bad accepting them. i will continue to keep you all posted. Thanks again for all the support guys, this forum ROCKS!
cool maybe you can get a good deal on it. Hopefully it is as clean as yours.

Quick Reply: Wrecked My Car!