3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Turn Signal Flasher

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 04:56 AM

Turn Signal Flasher

Do anyone know where the turn signal flasher plug into? I look in my chilton and its not in there.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I can't remember for sure whether or not 91s have a door lock timer or not. I've heard different answers.
The turn signal flasher is just to the right of the door lock timer (or where it would be). If you take off the lower dash and look to the right of the steering column, the door lock timer will be a grey plastic box right there. If not, there is some other smaller box there. Anyway, the flasher is on the same bracket but just to the right. You can barely see it because it's tucked behind the edge of the center dash piece. It just has 3 wires going into it.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:26 AM

I'm still havinv a probelm with my tail/lamp fuse and hazard fuse. I replaced my combination flasher unit and I still have a short in the circuit. My tail/lamp fuse is still blowing out too. I checked my tail/lamp fuse schematic and check every connection until I got to the license plate lamps. The connector on those lamps has a white sticky substance inside the connector and all inside the wire to the connector pat too. I have tried to clean this out but there is still alot left. Question is this: Is this causing my fuses to blow out because of the license plate connection?
Old 09-02-2004, 06:57 AM

Make sure you have the right bulbs in there...one time a guy at autozone sold me the wrong ones...double check, because it kept on blowing my fuse
Old 09-02-2004, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by raeqwon28
Is this causing my fuses to blow out because of the license plate connection?
It's definitely a possibility. I'd go to a junkyard and get those connectors, cut the wires with about a foot or so of slack, cut out old ones on your car, solder and heat-shrink new ones in place and try it out.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:59 PM

Another question..I know that i'm getting on your nerves but bear with me please. When my car is in park while running my reverse lights come in the back. I know thats not normal. Has anyone else had that probelm?
Old 09-02-2004, 03:36 PM

not getting on my nerves at all

Not real sure about the reverse lights. Might want to check your shifter bushing (under shifter, above cat). I dont have much experience with the auto trannies so I dont know if there is any adjustment that can be made to the position sensor on the tranny. Sorry.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:28 AM

It's definitely a possibility. I'd go to a junkyard and get those connectors, cut the wires with about a foot or so of slack, cut out old ones on your car, solder and heat-shrink new ones in place and try it out.
I got that done and my license lights came on.

I got another probelmits kinda of long)

I’m still having a problem with my lights. I got it from being a bad short to a delayed short. This is what happen and my step by step on what I did. Hopefully, you could tell my what the culprit is because I changed everything except my driver side wire harness which I think is the problem. Anyway this what I did.

1) Unplug the driverside cornering light harness
2) Install a fuse in the tail/lamp fuse section
3) Turn on the light switch(parking mode)

My backlights and the passenger side cornering lights were on. But, the turn signal indicator on the driver side back was on and the instrument gauge left turn was on. I turned on the Hazard Switch and my passenger side(turn signals were blinking but not my driver side. Also, my turn signal doesn’t work for either side…What’s the symptom for that? This morning, I kept everything like it was from the evening before and turned on my park lights. Everything was on that was plugged up for about 15 minutes into my commute and my fuse blew. That’s everything. I have taken apart pretty much most of my car and I got the problem narrowed down to the driver side turn lights. If you could help I would totally be grateful!. Thanks