3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Attn: Seamax...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2000, 03:35 PM
is invisible

I'm having trouble getting a '95 BOSE adaptor for my 3rd gen; I'm planning on doing the same swap as you. Perhaps I'm a moron, but I don't know how to use http://www.cartoys.com to order parts! :P

"Re: Seamax...
When I bought my car it came with a Bose Non-CD single Din unit. The lower part of the unit was a stow-away compartment.

I then upgraded the Bose Single-Head unit to a Bosed Double Din CD unit from a 92 Maxima that I got from a junkyard. The harness was the same and it was a simple installation. Just take out the single din unit and stowaway compartment and plug the new double din head onto the fatcory harness.

I then bought a 95 Maxima Bose CD Double Din unit from a Maxima owner on the board, only knowing for sure that the unit would fit, but not knowing if the harness would.
As expected the harness was different but guess what. All the wires were the same, every single one. So I just needed to get a harness that would fit the 95 head unit. I order one from cartyos.com. I got the harness for the 95 unit and then lined up the wires to my 91 Maxima factory harness. I then cut the wires for the factory harness, put clips on the wire heads, and inserted them into the 95 unit harness. Some people choose to solder the cut wires straight to the wires on the 95 (or new) harness but I didn't have a soldering iron otherwise it would have been much quicker and easier that way. Then it's a simple matter of plugging the harness back onto the head and reinstalling the head.

The brackets for the headunits are the same for the 95 Double Din and the 91 Double Din.