3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Install Driver lights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 02:45 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Install Driver lights?

Has anyone installed driving lights/fogs on there car that didnt have it before? My max didnt have fogs when i got her. And i just bought some from another orger. Can i run the remote that came with it threw the firewall without making a hole. Or should i just hook it up to stock wiring that when i turn on lights the come on as well? The reason i ask is i have the angel eye lights that was in the gd. And you press 1 angels come on press again and the lights press again and both off.. I want both on at once. Anyone that has an idea let me know thanks.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Im izz sexay

hook them up so the same power source and please run a relay to prevent fuse burnouts. You can hook the angels up to the corner sidemarker (little bulb) and the main up to the head lights. If you do this without a relay upgrade your stock wiring because they will burnout.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by VG Ill ridah
hook them up so the same power source and please run a relay to prevent fuse burnouts. You can hook the angels up to the corner sidemarker (little bulb) and the main up to the head lights. If you do this without a relay upgrade your stock wiring because they will burnout.
I have an upgraded wire harness already. Will the lights or fuse burn out if i dont use a relay?
Old 11-30-2004, 08:15 AM
Im izz sexay

I did mine without a relay but I had to put a higher wattage fuse in because the stock one kept blowing out. I put myself at risk for wire shortage and other stuff. But it's been a year now and I'm finally getting everything done correctly.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:26 AM

hey i suggest that you dont run your fog lights with the headlights parking lights. One you can fail nys inspection. Two chances of shorting any wire and or fuse. Three most fog lamps arent created to stay on all the time you will be going thru bulbs like a mother if the fog lamps are high wattage. I suggest try to get the factory fog lamp switch w/ harness and run it with that. again just my 2 pennies
Old 12-01-2004, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by VG Ill ridah
I did mine without a relay but I had to put a higher wattage fuse in because the stock one kept blowing out. I put myself at risk for wire shortage and other stuff. But it's been a year now and I'm finally getting everything done correctly.
what do you mean by done correctly? And way2 be i have florida plates. No inspection for me . Also if i get the harness Off of like a parts car or something. Will it be plug and play with my car or will i have to mod some **** in?
Old 12-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Im izz sexay

Originally Posted by aziphrale
what do you mean by done correctly? And way2 be i have florida plates. No inspection for me . Also if i get the harness Off of like a parts car or something. Will it be plug and play with my car or will i have to mod some **** in?
My GXE had factory fog lights but I couldn't get it to word correct hence the reason why I have aftermarket fogs. SO I finally decided to wire them up by using the stock relay and doing another of Craig B's rewires so they can come on with the corner lights. YOu can get the harness off but it's a real PITA to go through all of that wiring when you can just run a relay from the battery to chassis then to the fog lights and using something like the sidemarkers as the cut on/off.Or you can just run a direct battery(positive with a fuse) and chassis (ground) to foglight with a on/off switch.