3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Blehmco ground kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 07:16 AM

Blehmco ground kit?

Has anyone used that ground kit to get the auto tranny to downshift quicker? Just curious if it works.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:04 AM
blacks92seAuto

Originally Posted by yelowd
Has anyone used that ground kit to get the auto tranny to downshift quicker? Just curious if it works.
its not specifically to make your tranny downshift more...what it does, is beefin up the ground points for alot of the sensors, hopefully giving quicker readings to the computer which would in return make the car shift down faster. If your grounds are all making good contact, and your tranny is shifting slower than normal, then maybe its the beginning of a tranny problem?
someone correct me if im wrong, but i think thats how the ground kit qorks on quicker shifts?

Old 12-02-2004, 08:58 AM

From BlehmCo-

"These kits include 8 awg ground straps to the factory sensor grounding points, alternator, and an additional 4awg ground strap to the battery.

Benefits are a much smoother idle and acceleration. for Autos, the 2-1 kickdown at stoplights is much more noticeable. I'm sure you've noticed that when you slow to 1-2mph and try to take off, the car is extremely sluggish and wants to stay in 2nd-- or even 3rd gear. With the ground kit installed, that is almost nonexistant. it downshifts properly and pulls away from the light. no more mashing the gas and watching your tires go up in smoke when it finally kicks down into 1st at 15mph!"

I should have been more specific. My tranny shifts fine, I just get annoyed by the delayed or non existant kick down in the situation he is referring to.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:03 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

don't buy the wires thinking that it'll solve any transmission problems.

assuming all the components are working CORRECTLY and your shift lag is due to a poor ground or a weak ground...then yes the wires will help. but if you're having a problem with the tranny mechanically then ground wires won't help you much there.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:24 AM

Cool. I don't have a tranny problem, it just does have that annoying down shift lag after you've slowed down. If no one else has this happen, than I have a problem. Honestly, I wouldn't buy the kit either. Get A CAI before I spend $60 on some wires. I thought I might pull up the schematic and throw in the grounds.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:00 AM
blacks92seAuto

here is the cheap option...the route I took...and they worked fine for me, no fitment problems.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33574

Old 12-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by yelowd
Cool. I don't have a tranny problem, it just does have that annoying down shift lag after you've slowed down. If no one else has this happen, than I have a problem. Honestly, I wouldn't buy the kit either. Get A CAI before I spend $60 on some wires. I thought I might pull up the schematic and throw in the grounds.
What car Do you have? The vg Motor Or ve?