3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

White SE Tach Face Guage- also Dim light Broken

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2001, 12:00 AM
jetmax

Could anyone assist me in obtaining the correct OEM white face tach guage model for my 92 GXE? Several years ago, I had a friend who worked at Nissan and purchased all 3 guages for me, but when it came time to installation, he noticed an additional piece that wasn't on my stock black GXE tach face.

He just returned it and I got stuck w/ only 2 guages, the speedometer and fuel guages. The Tach is still black, I gave up a few years back....

After reading all these messages it seems as if it is possible..maybe he just ordered the wrong year.

Could anyone direct me to exactly which year model SE white face tach guage I need? Has anyone done it to their 92 GXE?

Also, my dim light doesn't work, I changed the switch but got no luck... any leads or suggestions on how to fix it?
My lights are to its fullest and it sucks!

Thanks in advance fellow maxima enthusiast....

Old 05-01-2001, 12:05 AM

Originally posted by jetmax
Could anyone assist me in obtaining the correct OEM white face tach guage model for my 92 GXE? Several years ago, I had a friend who worked at Nissan and purchased all 3 guages for me, but when it came time to installation, he noticed an additional piece that wasn't on my stock black GXE tach face.

He just returned it and I got stuck w/ only 2 guages, the speedometer and fuel guages. The Tach is still black, I gave up a few years back....

After reading all these messages it seems as if it is possible..maybe he just ordered the wrong year.

Could anyone direct me to exactly which year model SE white face tach guage I need? Has anyone done it to their 92 GXE?

Also, my dim light doesn't work, I changed the switch but got no luck... any leads or suggestions on how to fix it?
My lights are to its fullest and it sucks!

Thanks in advance fellow maxima enthusiast....
I just swapped in some SE gauges for my 92 GXE, no problems whatsoever Any 3rd gen SE cluster should work. I think the 89-91 have speedos that read up to 125, and 92-94 have speedos that go to 145. don't quote me on that.
Old 05-01-2001, 12:09 AM
jetmax

Thanks for the info, but could you tell me exactly what year's model RPM guage you purchased that fit your 92 GXE?

Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by ngthing

I just swapped in some SE gauges for my 92 GXE, no problems whatsoever Any 3rd gen SE cluster should work. I think the 89-91 have speedos that read up to 125, and 92-94 have speedos that go to 145. don't quote me on that.

Old 05-01-2001, 12:18 AM

I don't even know, it was from a junkyard. I've got mixed and matched parts all inside the gauge cluster. What year do you have? the gauges amon 3rd generation Maximas should be the same.

Originally posted by jetmax
Thanks for the info, but could you tell me exactly what year's model RPM guage you purchased that fit your 92 GXE?

Thanks for the info.