3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Life After the 3rd gen........

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 09:14 PM

Life After the 3rd gen........

its been a long time since i posted here. thought i see whats going on here...and what i like is that there are new people here which is awesome. well unsure if many know how my car died....it was unknown. it seemed to me that the flywheel on the transmission kept on going which burned it out. mechanic stated it would cost me $1500 to repair. i had to let it go. I got a mazda 626 4 cyl (my friend says that when you go from a v6 to a i4 its like losing a nut...he is soo tru) its a 5spd. But i miss soo much about the max. the 626 cant even compare to it. the tourque, the comfort, the ride, the extra 2 cylinders....i miss my max.....i jus regret getting rid of it...only thing im not going to complain about the 6 is gas mileage...13 gallon tank i get 340 miles..sumthing the max couldnt doo.....but now im considering on getting a ve 5spd.....its all unsure.......but am i wrong for missing my max? help me out guys...its been a while..
Old 03-16-2005, 09:16 PM

thats actually by me........

my bro left his username on.....

its been a long time since i posted here. thought i see whats going on here...and what i like is that there are new people here which is awesome. well unsure if many know how my car died....it was unknown. it seemed to me that the flywheel on the transmission kept on going which burned it out. mechanic stated it would cost me $1500 to repair. i had to let it go. I got a mazda 626 4 cyl (my friend says that when you go from a v6 to a i4 its like losing a nut...he is soo tru) its a 5spd. But i miss soo much about the max. the 626 cant even compare to it. the tourque, the comfort, the ride, the extra 2 cylinders....i miss my max.....i jus regret getting rid of it...only thing im not going to complain about the 6 is gas mileage...13 gallon tank i get 340 miles..sumthing the max couldnt doo.....but now im considering on getting a ve 5spd.....its all unsure.......but am i wrong for missing my max? help me out guys...its been a while..
Old 03-16-2005, 09:40 PM

i think the max is a better car than many of the newer models by other makers, especially the VE... since they're getting older and cheaper now, it wouldn't be a bad thing to get a max if u can find one that's clean and well kept.

good luck on finding a VE5....

oh, and about losing a nut with I4, i second that comment. when my max was in the shop they gave me a tercel as courtesy car. i was so scared while driving it, because i turned onto a busy street i step on the gas, i thought the thing wasn't moving! i look at the rear view mirror it's like a stampede of trucks and busses closing in on my back... lmao
Old 03-17-2005, 06:39 AM
mod or sell?

my .02:
it's not just the # of cylinders, it's where and how much power it puts out. which has to match your driving style.
My style, for example, is mostly mid range (1500 - 4000 rpm) so a high winding 4 banger is rather pointless even if it makes 300 hp.
OTOH a V-8 that makes 170 hp down low works much better (of course 270 lb ft @ 2400 rpm doesn't hurt matters much)
The VE is a decent car to me when it's all running right.
though I'll be happier when the snow is gone, and Ican bring out some V8 Rumble