3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

JET "chip" for Maxima only $400....

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2001, 10:27 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

(and thats with return shipping included) they have the claim of 15hp gain and the usual modifications to the fuel curve and ignition, etc. I know that Superships makes one for $100 less, but unlike Superchips, JET has somewhat of a good amount of realiability among the Honda/Acura crowd as well as the domestic crowd! what do you think, check it out-->

Jet Chip for Maxima
Claims

From the FAQ:
------------------------------------------------------
"The upgrade will provide horsepower increases and improved acceleration. Unlike other brands JET's exclusive Dynamic Spectrum Tuning (DST) provides power increases all the time, NOT just at wide open throttle. In addition, by having the computer in our lab, the JET engineers can custom program the chip for any other modifications you have done to the vehicle."
-------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-07-2001, 12:14 PM

I can't see the webstie from my work computer but I wanted to know if there is a core charge and where are they based out of? BTW I put my tranny cooler in and i'm waiting for my WSP Ypipe and then I'm heading to the track.
Old 05-07-2001, 12:43 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I don;t think they do core charges....

since they aren't "Nissan Specific" like JWT, it would probably be harder for them to find a Nissan ECU and swap with you. but I think their service is a 24 or 48 hour turn-around. the $400 provides you with this kit which allows you to easily ship your stock ECU to JET and have it back in 1-2 days depending on arrival:

which includes:
-Step by Step instructions for stock ECU removal
-Return shipping is inclued in the price
-Shipping instructions
-Shipping carton to ship the stock ECU to JET facilities
-Packing materials for the stock ECU
-Preaddressed shipping form
-Computer location chart
-Horsepower specification chart
-Warranty information

seemes like a solid deal for $400 and an overnight shipping charge, compared to JWT's $550+/- and shipping!! oh yeah and good luck at the track man...lets see some 16.6-.5's!!!
Old 05-07-2001, 07:02 PM

Re: I don;t think they do core charges....

Originally posted by DA-MAX
since they aren't "Nissan Specific" like JWT, it would probably be harder for them to find a Nissan ECU and swap with you. but I think their service is a 24 or 48 hour turn-around. the $400 provides you with this kit which allows you to easily ship your stock ECU to JET and have it back in 1-2 days depending on arrival:

which includes:
-Step by Step instructions for stock ECU removal
-Return shipping is inclued in the price
-Shipping instructions
-Shipping carton to ship the stock ECU to JET facilities
-Packing materials for the stock ECU
-Preaddressed shipping form
-Computer location chart
-Horsepower specification chart
-Warranty information

seemes like a solid deal for $400 and an overnight shipping charge, compared to JWT's $550+/- and shipping!! oh yeah and good luck at the track man...lets see some 16.6-.5's!!!
Thanx for the info I'm still going to have to get some more mods b4 i consider it though but the price sounds right........I hit 16.6 with my muffler and a drop in K&N and now that I have the POP I want to see if that combined with the Y-pipe can bring me to low 16's or dare I say high 15's........when I go to the track i'll post my times.
Old 05-07-2001, 07:35 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Probably lower 16's.....

high 15's would be sweet, but shaving off .5+ seconds with just a Y-pipe would be amazimg on an auto! my prediction 16.3-.4's maybe lower with a full exhaust...I'm just guessing though......but hey prove me wrong and pull some high 15's for all us auto VG guys!! good luck!

Originally posted by primeevil711

Thanx for the info I'm still going to have to get some more mods b4 i consider it though but the price sounds right........I hit 16.6 with my muffler and a drop in K&N and now that I have the POP I want to see if that combined with the Y-pipe can bring me to low 16's or dare I say high 15's........when I go to the track i'll post my times.