3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Maxima Wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 03:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Maxima Wrecked

Well driving hoem from work tonight, this guy pulled out in front of me, and instead of fully completing his turn, he stopped in the middle of the road. Cops said i was going 25 when I hit him, and I think it was a little more. Will have pics up soon, but if its a total, depending on what car I decide to buy to replace it, I will part this one out.

It has....all of the mods in the sig, beige carpet/seats and brown dash/plastic. Engine ran perfect, tranny has bad input shaft bearing, but I have a semi new oem style exedy clutch from ebay (800 miles). It has obx pedals covers and that nismo shift **** you see on ebay. I will see what will happen soon, but if people need parts, I may be in business.

This sucks really bad guys, never ever drive through a curve fast, and always assume the other driver is a complete F-in moron. It wasn't my fault, but first accidents teach you a lesson no matter what. Airbag deployed even though I didn't need it to (I still held onto the wheel and the seat belts did a fine job). I almost cried thinking about this car as it sat on the tow truck. Pics up tommorrow.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:41 AM
mod or sell?

I want the Y-pipe
Old 05-22-2005, 10:47 AM

Are the rims still good? And which FSTB do you have?
Old 05-22-2005, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by garbury
... I almost cried thinking about this car as it sat on the tow truck. Pics up tommorrow.
Been sitting there, feeling is bad. The longer the fight has been with smtg, the longer is the cry at loss. Thinking changes priorities for the short life, every thing will be taken off.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:09 PM

sorry to hear that. if u gonna part it out, i would be interested in the slotted rotors
Old 05-22-2005, 06:21 PM
I miss my VE

damn man, sorry. something bad has been happening to our beautiful 3rd gens lately. their either stolen, wrecked, or worse. woulda been easier if it happened to the GXE, eh?

edit: come to think of it, about a yr ago i nearly had the same situation happen to me where some U-turn retard decided its okay to pull a U-turn while im a few feet away doing 35mph.. i had nowhere to go, so i floored the brakes(thank god for ABS) the abs came on and i still had control of steering. so guess what this moron does.. she starts the U, notices im coming, stops in the middle of the street, as im headed to the left to dodge her, she moves towards the open spot on the left that i was about to take, as if she wants to block me off, so I swing over to the right, and nearly miss her by about 5 feet. looked like a scene out of an action movie. the guys behind had a real show, and one of em gave me a thumbs up and smiled at the next light. anyway, good luck. if i were you, i would keep that pearl white beauty
Old 05-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yeah, well it needs a new bumper, radiator mount, radiator, rear tranny mount? (somehow the thing SNAPPED, lol), right fender, hood, airbag redone, headlights, corners, signals, fogs... I'm gonna see what the insurance appraiser says tommorrow, and pics again as well. My dad started it up and it runs and it will move so I have high hopes. I realized I love this car too much to strip it and scrap it, I'll save that for the dumb college girls.

Anybody know what values the appraisers take? I hope it's dealer retail because edmunds gives this sucker $5,400 and it's gonna need a high ceiling to prevent a "total".

The rims were decent, the front ones had major rash, but structurally the rims are good, and I've got the ebay 5th gen fstb.

I was actually thinking how badly I wished it was the GXE. That thing will be hard to sell and get decent money for, and my parents are tired of paying insurance. I'm driving it around now though, and the difference is tremendous! All you GXEers are missing out so much. I pulled up next to a WRX today and gave the driver a look, and remembered that I had no chance whatsoever. Its tough going from a mid 6 second 0-60 car to a 10 second 0-60 car.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Fontinyatz
... as if she wants to block me off, so I swing over to the right, and nearly miss her by about 5 feet...
Terriblese blondies, global chickenlogik phenomena: either it freezes in the crucial spot, and or moves to it. And red lights dont mean em a thing. For me this time it was the ABS which shortened the stop from 40mph just the crucial meter... as there was nowhere to turn to, otherwise my max would be also junked.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by garbury
Well driving hoem from work tonight, this guy pulled out in front of me, and instead of fully completing his turn, he stopped in the middle of the road.
exactly what happened to me, my car was very fixable though and they totalled me out and gave me $300 more than i paid for the ride 5 months earlier and that's with the salvage value deducted. your car will definitely be totalled which may or not be a good thing depending on amount of damage. good luck, it's good he's insured unlike the moron that rear ended the guy in another thread.