3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Cant install FSTB on right side tower..hose blockin way

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Cant install FSTB on right side tower..hose blockin way

so I just received this thing and I want to put it on but theres a hose with a solid line in it thats going to the passenger side firewall..can it be slightly moved down? by the way its the FSTB that was recommended by some people here a week ago or so (ebay FSTB) Once again like my other post I'm in the garage with the laptop and will be checking frequently for replies, thank you.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:24 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

You need to bend the ac bracket down under the ac line...

Old 11-01-2005, 04:42 PM

thanks a lot greenmax..I kinda figured it out on my own but confirmation was very calming now that the FSTB is in..I need to get back to the short I have, perhaps you guys know whats the best way to find a short. oh yea I got 4th gen SE rims yesterday, incredibly cheap with 4 michellin XGT4 tires and decent thread just thought I'd mention
Old 11-03-2005, 12:07 PM
I miss my VE

Great, now go change that rear centerpeice. Hows the handling improvement after FSTB install on a scale of 1-5?
Old 11-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Joe Fontinyatz
Great, now go change that rear centerpeice. Hows the handling improvement after FSTB install on a scale of 1-5?
I'd give it a 3 (OTTO bar)
Old 11-03-2005, 05:14 PM

Its not bad but after taking a fast corner while testing it my car makes a sound now kinda ticking every rotation while going straight so its not the axle. the sound doesnt always occur just for a little after I make a sharp turn, I think it might be the brakes or something but as long as I dont exaggerate I'll be fine. It did help out last night on the highway though...

Beat my speed record of 115mph on the max last night, I did 125(+) and I believe that it did help a bit on those small curves that highways have. Since I still need struts it still was wobbly on bumps but I'd say for 14 bucks you cant beat that! When I say 125 (+) its because the OEM gages say 125 and it was below that but it still felt like that car was slowly still gaining speed so I would say it probably reached 130 or so..might test that with a friends GPS. Also I took the highway ramp faster than usual although tires screeched a bit, I know I got out of that curve with momentum and kicking out of it

Overall with the FSTB and still needing Struts...I give it a 4 because of its price and what it does for it.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
Beat my speed record of 115mph on the max last night, I did 125(+) and I believe that it .

You should be arrested and never get your license back. Just for being dumb enough to admit you did, what 50mph over the limit?!?!
Old 11-03-2005, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by CyMax

You should be arrested and never get your license back. Just for being dumb enough to admit you did, what 50mph over the limit?!?!
Hey I had to pee and was in the middle of nowhere with NO cars around me whatsoever. plus it was for a few minutes! yes I know it only takes a few minutes to lose control but I was just testing my car. I would have never done that with cars around. It was like 2am. I feel that justifies my speeding and hope noone tries it. I do not endorse speeding for those of you speeders out there.

Yes CyMax I know how you feel, but have you ever been stuck driving a 98hp at crank honda for a year? If you havent, give it a try and then rethink what you said
Old 11-03-2005, 06:47 PM

told ya you will be happy with your purchases, now spirited driving through corners is a plus. But the love of ..., get lowered suspension, or you will still experience a bit of car leaning, that plus blehmco goodies are cool as heck.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by disgruntled
told ya you will be happy with your purchases, now spirited driving through corners is a plus. But the love of ..., get lowered suspension, or you will still experience a bit of car leaning, that plus blehmco goodies are cool as heck.
I might be getting KYB GS-R struts but if i get lucky my friend can find me cheap Konis..they got lifetime warranty right, does anyone know if they do?
Old 11-04-2005, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
Hey I had to pee and was in the middle of nowhere with NO cars around me whatsoever. plus it was for a few minutes! yes I know it only takes a few minutes to lose control but I was just testing my car. I would have never done that with cars around. It was like 2am. I feel that justifies my speeding and hope noone tries it. I do not endorse speeding for those of you speeders out there.

Yes CyMax I know how you feel, but have you ever been stuck driving a 98hp at crank honda for a year? If you havent, give it a try and then rethink what you said

Ya I feel you bro. Sorry about the mini rant. Where I live idiots race up and down the 2 lane roads doing 80+ just looking for a kid to mow down.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:30 PM

Dude, something real F*cked up happened earlier at 1:50am..I gotta buy a radar detector..mmm valentine.....I got stopped for doing 5mph over the limit and the cop took my damn license!! I gotta go to court on 12-22 to get it back. he says I wont have anything in my record since it was just a little over. I asked him for a break and said no, so I asked him for a print out since he claims he got me on the radar.
Arent they supposed to give you like a receipt/printout with the speed you were "caught" doing in order give you a ticket even though I didnt get a ticket?
Old 11-04-2005, 01:49 PM
mod or sell?

they NEVER give a print out from a radar gun up here.

just go to court, get your supervision,pay your court fees, and don't waste your money on the cop magnet
Old 11-04-2005, 04:49 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

just a heads up guys the FSTB that is adjustable like that with the bolts on both ends really dosent do anything for your car. think about the stress that cars under when it turns. you think 2 little bolts are gonna help stop the flex ? the REAL fstb's that work are the single piece ones that are welded together. not tryin to be an **** i had one myself and convinced myself it actually worked but in reality the welded single piece ones are the best in helping to stop "flex"
Old 11-05-2005, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
they NEVER give a print out from a radar gun up here.

just go to court, get your supervision,pay your court fees, and don't waste your money on the cop magnet
It was them damn Schiller Woods cops...are you sure they cant show proof of what they clocked you at? To my understanding they're supposed to either show you visually or give you some sort of print out of the speed and exact time that you were clocked. lol luckily I didnt get stopped when I was doing 125-130 cuz I would've seriously, SERIOUSLY been screwed+arrested.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:42 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

police officers (ill be one soon hopefully) do not have to show you what they clocked you at. If they are in a good mood they will give you a reciept (not all cars can print out speed reciepts) or show you the gun. But they dont have to cause they are endangering themselves by pulling you out of the car to see the gun. Not all guns are removable most are fixed to the front dash are rear deck. laws vary from town to town but for a general idea they dont have to....
Old 11-05-2005, 07:22 PM
RWD bolt-on conversion?

u went 130 without a license?
Old 11-05-2005, 09:01 PM

No, I went 125-130 one day and the next day I got stopped for doing a couple miles over the limit. I still have the privilege to drive, my license is Not suspended and I do not have a ticket. I just have to go to court and settle it with most likely $75 which my g/f said she would pay since she desperately wanted to go where we were going and I didnt wanna go, how nice of her huh? I might get 30-90 days of court supervision but I dont care, as long as my record remains clean thet can come live with me.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
You need to bend...
No bends for me. 12 yrs ago my max came w/o A/C from factory. Local stealership installed... so no problems with 75c Thule ski rack.

Btw, soon will be snowing, must i raise the skirack on the roof?