3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

stillen kit questions...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 02:52 PM
- Product of Maxima.org -

stillen kit questions...

ive had my kit on for a while, but my rear right corner of my rear bumper and stillen lip......they seperate all the time...double sided tape is a nogo. and ive riveted it behind the license plate, above the muffler tips, and behind both wheels.....and it still sags. What has anyone else done to keep this from happening? any other anchor points? or some kind of epoxy to use?

has anyone else even had this problem?
Old 01-31-2006, 04:35 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by ustfdes
ive had my kit on for a while, but my rear right corner of my rear bumper and stillen lip......they seperate all the time...double sided tape is a nogo. and ive riveted it behind the license plate, above the muffler tips, and behind both wheels.....and it still sags. What has anyone else done to keep this from happening? any other anchor points? or some kind of epoxy to use?

has anyone else even had this problem?
what I did was clean both surfaces with a degreaser/wax remover and then used the GOOD 3M tape (not the cheap stuff they sell at wal mart etc or the crap Stillen provides). I have had the kit on 2 different cars without sagging and I promise its not easy to take off when its time.

Now the front corner is a problem where the very corner sticks out a little so what I did was drill a hole in the very corner and used rivets (with backing washers on the back side or it will pull through the bumper) to hold it on. Worked real well and I counter sunk it so I could use a little plastic filler to cover the hole up.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:49 PM
- Product of Maxima.org -

i was hoping you would be the one to respond to my question was gonna pm you but figured you would see this post.

yeah, i thought about the counter-sinking, but i didnt think the urethane was thick enough to do that....and i learned the hard way to use backing washers.....my rear lip fell down and drug the road for a few miles (with my exhaust and stereo, i couldnt hear it. stupid me.

thanks though man, ill try it out. earlier i actually tapped a screw under the rear lip and used it for the lip to kind hold onto...then i triple-double side taped it around that corner. we'll see. (kinda ghetto but you cant tell )