3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

sway bar bushings

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 02:32 PM

well ricky you didn't answer my question if you have a girlfriend and what if i wear out your name what are you going to do about it.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

does it make anybody else a little queasy watching people flirt over the internet? maybe just me...
Old 07-28-2006, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by sublunary
ive been looking into this and for around 130 you can get a st front sway bar with bushings and links (at least all the pictures i see have all the hardware included) so its a pretty good deal to do it all and get a better ride. just links a bushings were $70 locally so...

Sorry about the Hijack, But where are you getting this price for ST?
Is it ST the japanese company not Suspension Technique?
Old 07-28-2006, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jbr8k
Sorry about the Hijack, But where are you getting this price for ST?
Is it ST the japanese company not Suspension Technique?
Does ST = spension technique?????????????

I have the sway bars with the red bushings..ST right?? And I need some new bushings...anyone findout where to get them yet?? and how much??
Old 07-28-2006, 07:55 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by aminus21

I have the sway bars with the red bushings..ST right?? And I need some new bushings...anyone findout where to get them yet?? and how much??

I recently bought a ST set that was missing one end bushing as well as the bracket. I called up ST (now a part of KWautomotive with belltech and others) and a salesman named Matt helped me. They sent me the bracket and bushing for $15. I think the bushing was $10 and the bracket was $5 but am not sure...it may have been the other way around.
They sent me the wrong bracket the first time so I had to call them back and send them some pics but they took care of it and shipped me the correct one the same day.

anyway give them a call and I am sure they will sell you the bushings.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:35 AM

Ricky why don't we exchange numbers so we can meet up. you don't have a girlfriend and i don't have a boyfriend. trust me i will make it worth your time. you won't be disappointed
Old 07-28-2006, 09:38 AM

On ebay there's a ST sway bar for the 3rd gen not Suspension techniques

I just want to make sure.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:49 AM

what the hell??? so ST is not suspension techniques? im confused. Brian correct me but did i order Suspension Techniques front sway bar is it another brand?
Old 07-28-2006, 12:08 PM
mod or sell?

You ordered Suspemsion Techniques
Old 07-28-2006, 12:49 PM

ok good. now u say u don't know if they come the bushings correct?
Old 07-29-2006, 09:49 AM

ricky you want to hang out this weekend. let me know
Old 07-29-2006, 11:15 AM
Donating member? what the?!

this is crrrrazy, mang!!! yet, quite entertaining.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Would be lost w/out the org

Originally Posted by SexyMaxima95
Ricky why don't we exchange numbers so we can meet up. you don't have a girlfriend and i don't have a boyfriend. trust me i will make it worth your time. you won't be disappointed
Sweet jebus....maxima sloots get right to the point. Kiddding!!!!!!!!!!! If you seriously want your car hooked up and like the angel eyes look. Try the one piece modification that therealgoon did. It's sooo sweet and I'm in the process of doing it myself!
Old 07-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Would be lost w/out the org

that said...I think I'll post pics on the progress of my headlights....oh yeah ST sway bars blah blah blah....

Blehmco links with bushings work quite well if I say so myself.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:54 PM

yeah i will eventually get the Blehmco links but don't have the dough to fork out for those sweet parts of his. sooner or later my car will have a nice suspension that will handle like a champ.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:57 PM

btw: u should post pics of ur headlight progress since i already have the clear covers and new E36 angel eyes waitin' to be installed along with new corners. that way i know how to tackle the sucker since i've been tryin' to c if James92SE would send me pics of his but i guess he is too caught up with his life right now that he doesn't have time to post i assume?
Old 07-29-2006, 09:42 PM

Dear Ricky
Meet up and post pics
(make sure you are wearing running shoes though.... internets....)

Dear Jeffy
Give them OT Access

oh and..
Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
Besides 22 yr old ftl..
Old 07-31-2006, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by MrGone
Dear Ricky
Meet up and post pics
(make sure you are wearing running shoes though.... internets....)

Dear Jeffy
Give them OT Access

oh and..

funny man eh...
Old 07-31-2006, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by traxtar944
Sweet jebus....maxima sloots get right to the point. Kiddding!!!!!!!!!!! If you seriously want your car hooked up and like the angel eyes look. Try the one piece modification that therealgoon did. It's sooo sweet and I'm in the process of doing it myself!
hey Matt i took off the brackets from my ebay FSTB off of my 3rd gen and placed onto my moms 4th gen strut tower and the bolt pattern is exactly same. now im gonna have to try on a 5th gen just to make sure u know.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:34 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by GRNMAXDMON
hey Matt i took off the brackets from my ebay FSTB off of my 3rd gen and placed onto my moms 4th gen strut tower and the bolt pattern is exactly same. now im gonna have to try on a 5th gen just to make sure u know.
3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th gen all use the same bolt pattern for the strut mounts
Old 07-31-2006, 03:47 PM

sorry for the confusion, there is a st ebay thing, that is not what i was refering to. st in my post = suspension techniques and internetautomart has them.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:23 PM

good call...
Old 08-05-2006, 06:26 AM

so ricky you want to do something tonight don't be a stranger
Old 08-07-2006, 12:42 PM

some update on this sway bar thing. its been about 3 weeks now since i ordered the parts from Brian. i got brand new control arms with balljoints and bushings, ST front sway bar and bushings and Energy Suspension rear parallel link bushings. i got all the parts and i took apart my suspension only the front and installed the new parts already now i just have to torque everything down to spec. i took pics of the whole thing but when i came to upload them into the computer i accidently erased all the pics when i was tryin' to open the files. im gonna try and take pics of the old parts again and the new parts installed. so far everything is lookin' good suspension wise. now im gonna try and order the rear sway bar from Brian, FSTB from customenterprise, and lower tie bar and RSTB from Matt. once im done the handling in my car should be awesome.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:44 PM

that's good now all you need is to work on me and you know want to I bet you have not been with a girl for a long time
Old 08-07-2006, 12:51 PM

some update on this sway bar thing. its been about 3 weeks now since i ordered the parts from Brian. i got brand new control arms with balljoints and bushings, ST front sway bar and bushings and Energy Suspension rear parallel link bushings. i got all the parts and i took apart my suspension only the front and installed the new parts already now i just have to torque everything down to spec. i took pics of the whole thing but when i came to upload them into the computer i accidently erased all the pics when i was tryin' to open the files. im gonna try and take pics of the old parts again and the new parts installed. so far everything is lookin' good suspension wise. now im gonna try and order the rear sway bar from Brian, FSTB from customenterprise, and lower tie bar and RSTB from Matt. once im done the handling in my car should be awesome.

Did u have this problem with ur control arms??
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=485709
Old 08-07-2006, 01:00 PM

Did u have this problem with ur control arms??
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=485709
i did but it took me about half a minute to fix that problem. i answered that in ur thread but i'll just tell u here. just install the new arms and with the balljoint touching the ground vertically (it would be nice to have a lift for things like this, or just jack the car as high as u can.) but don't bolt anything down except for the U bracket and then grab ur control arm and just turn it towards u so that the bushin is in the correct place. thats what i did to mine. no need to use pliers or lubricants.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:11 PM

i just used my hand to twist the bushing, guess all the hammer swinging i do made me stronger than you sissies . the bushings aren't always like that, the other one i put on was already positioned right.
so GRNMAXDMON, did the st swaybar come with the links that connect it to the control arms? your car is going to have a sweet setup soon and youll need it to escape your stalker
Old 08-07-2006, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by sublunary
i just used my hand to twist the bushing, guess all the hammer swinging i do made me stronger than you sissies . the bushings aren't always like that, the other one i put on was already positioned right.
so GRNMAXDMON, did the st swaybar come with the links that connect it to the control arms? your car is going to have a sweet setup soon and youll need it to escape your stalker
****. i didn't have to twist anything on my control arms. i just installed them and then turned the control arms to their positions and the bushings will be in place. as for the ST swaybar, yes it does come with new end links and bushings and all the beautiful hardware. while i was installin' the sway bar i thought they sent me the wrong one cuz of the way the hole of the links r positioned but when i saw how to put the links together it all worked out great. so yeah if u order it ur gonna get all the hardware included with the sway bar. durin' takin' all the parts off one of my links broke in 3 pieces. man i was pissed cuz i thought i was gonna use the same one but didn't. gotta order more parts now that my car is up on cinder blocks.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:33 PM

update again guys. this past Sunday i installed the Energy Suspension rear parallel link bushings. i'll never do this job again. damn what a pain in the a$$ to take the bushings out. i had to unbolt the rear crossmember and bring it down with the parallel links and then take it apart then i had to become creative in ghetto riggin' a tool to push out the bushings. i used my spring compressors, an impact socket, and a piece of metal tube (from the house fences) to let the bushings slide into when i compress it down with the impact socket while compressin' the spring compressor. of course i have an air compressor to do all that but man it was a pain. puttin' the new bushings was cake. i then installed the FSTB from CustomEnterprise for a 5th gen and that was it. the handlin' is a little stiffer now but i still need to order the rear sway bar, RSTB, stage II lower tie bar and that should be it.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:18 PM

couldn't u just burn them out?
Old 08-24-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm needing a caw

Dude. Propane torch = 2 min each on those rear bushings. Really
Old 08-24-2006, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Dude. Propane torch = 2 min each on those rear bushings. Really

...Goood idea
Old 08-25-2006, 09:41 AM

1. i didn't have a propane torch or anything to burn them off of that matter.
2. it took me at least 3min. for each one to push them out of the links.
3. it was on a Sunday morning and afternoon.
4. im gonna buy one of those propane torch.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

when I did mine on my old car I was lucky enough to have a 3/4" socket set with big sockets. I used one of those on the end and a smaller one for the center. I used a big vice to push them out...didnt take long at all.

I have to do it again on my new car and I am either going to burn them out or take my 3 jaw puller and hit it with my impact for a couple of seconds and get them out.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:33 AM

my method was similar to urs Michael.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:12 AM

To answer original question, yes Energy Susoension makes sway bar bushings that fit a 3rd gen Maxima. They are the same bushings that fit a fox body Mustang, the universal fit 1.25". Part number is 9.5113G
Old 08-27-2006, 05:52 AM

u know what this is really gonna get interesting for me and all i wanted to know was just about bushings. talk about gettin' sidetracked.
Yeah, I was following this post and the whole mess seemed to have started when it was sorta hijack'd by a girl from Miami. Did we let her slide just because she's a girl from Miami? lol No offense, just that jumping the tracks like that sort of works my ADD up.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by gen3fan
Yeah, I was following this post and the whole mess seemed to have started when it was sorta hijack'd by a girl from Miami. Did we let her slide just because she's a girl from Miami? lol No offense, just that jumping the tracks like that sort of works my ADD up.
thats how it started. now shes pmin' me tellin' me if we can meet up and hang out and to give her my number and that she has seen me around her neighborhood. girl got issues.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:48 AM

hahahahahahah

Quick Reply: sway bar bushings