3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

new tires worth while selling maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 05:38 PM

new tires worth while selling maxima?

Hi
finally I am making my mind to sell my maxima. it is a hard decision..

I do have a question regarding selling. Your opinion will help.
My car is not in a great condition. A/C doesn't work, driver seat is ripped and some rust on wheel wells. Mileage is less than 100 k mi.

Most of other things work fine. I don't what I can quote as a good price.
Tires are about to go (wearing out). Now my dilemma is I don't know whether I should replace the tire. If I have to sell at low price is it worth putting another $300 to the car...

I have put good amount of money to the car already

Question...
1. Does the buyer care or is it one of last things to be noticed?
2. Does brand of the tire matters..

Are these 93 maxima's sellable..?

Thanks
Old 07-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Way out West

If your tires are totally gone, you should do something or a lot of buyers will balk unless you have your car priced super low.

You might be able to find some decent used tires for about 1/3 the price (or less). I have put used tires on some of my rigs in the past and had good results. A lot of times people trade in tires that have a lot of tread, especially if they upgrade wheels to a larger size.

Almost all tire stores have a selection of used tires. Just start calling them with your size.

As for selling your car, they are sellable at certain prices, depending on condition and options. The 5-speed cars tend to sell pretty well, since they are harder to find.

You have low miles, but with the rust (biggest negative) and other things, I would guess maybe $1000-$2000, depending on how bad the rust is. I know that's a fairly broad range, but it's hard to say without seeing the car. Maybe look at the blue book value with the options you have and subtract some for the broken stuff.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

price of car also depends on where u live. Any car is sellable depending on the price.

I would replace the tires with used one in ok condition. I normally go to the junk yard for them near me. When i look at used cars, i look at the tires to get an indication of alignment problem. Thats y slick seller change their tires before selling to hide some of the front end problem.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:57 PM

if it helps most of the used tires shops in my city usually charge about $35 per tire mounted and balance so like mentioned earlier it should be worth your while to look at that. i know personally i look at stuff like that it gives me a reason to talk the seller down in price. that and it hard to say " i take great care of this car and maintenance it regularly" and have 4 bald tires you lose some creditability on that
Old 07-31-2006, 09:48 AM
mod or sell?

sounds like your car's only positive, is that it is "low" mileage.
if you're only asking $750 for the car (example) it's not worth it.
of course the cars value isn't really worth $300 in tires if you are trying to sell.
BTW a pick and pull may have $10 tires that would be worth it to put on so long as they match, even 4 incorrectly sized tires matchin are better than 4 balding/mismatched tires.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by maximalover
Hi
finally I am making my mind to sell my maxima. it is a hard decision..

I do have a question regarding selling. Your opinion will help.
My car is not in a great condition. A/C doesn't work, driver seat is ripped and some rust on wheel wells. Mileage is less than 100 k mi.

Most of other things work fine. I don't what I can quote as a good price.
Tires are about to go (wearing out). Now my dilemma is I don't know whether I should replace the tire. If I have to sell at low price is it worth putting another $300 to the car...

I have put good amount of money to the car already

Question...
1. Does the buyer care or is it one of last things to be noticed?
2. Does brand of the tire matters..

Are these 93 maxima's sellable..?

Thanks

Pictures would help a bunch..