3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Attn: SkyMax

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2000, 04:49 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

were you ever able to get the muffler off the old max? i'm still interested in it if by some chance you still have it laying around...if not i'll just pick up one at the nov. 5th etown show...there was a vendor there offering me a brand new naxos dual 3" tip DTM for $125 on the 7th...i didn't have any money then and now i do...either post or email me...thanks...
chris
Old 10-16-2000, 11:29 PM

Check the 3rd Gen BBS for my reply....

Originally posted by Chris91SE
were you ever able to get the muffler off the old max? i'm still interested in it if by some chance you still have it laying around...if not i'll just pick up one at the nov. 5th etown show...there was a vendor there offering me a brand new naxos dual 3" tip DTM for $125 on the 7th...i didn't have any money then and now i do...either post or email me...thanks...
chris
Old 10-17-2000, 03:52 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

nevin -

could you post your reply here or email me...i keep trying to gain access to the archives and it keeps locking up my machine

thanks

chris
Old 10-17-2000, 04:17 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

nevermind bro.....i downloaded the archives and found the message in the zip file...

thanks for the effort in getting it off, i'll just get a new one and be finished with it...

i was going to ask you about the NAXOS one and thanks for the tip...definitely a sound i don't want...no i have to figure out which muffler i want...i want the dual 3" tip DTM style...thats set...there are just so many brands of them out there...

i think yours was a tsudo right? do you know of any others that are decent?...thanks...
Old 10-17-2000, 04:39 PM

Yeah, mine was a Tsudo muffler. Are you sure you want a DTM style muffler? Maxspeed, Nakayahma, Tanabe, 5-Zigen are some universal mufflers you might want to look into that offer DTM. BTW, DTM is the loudest type of muffler you can buy.. your car will sound like a 300hp V8 hehe. Don't say I didn't warn you. It won't be as loud if you keep your exhaust resonator though. I'm probably going to get a 2K muffler or GReddy or Remus.. not sure yet cuz I will have to get custom 3" piping if I am going to Boost. Later

Nevin

Originally posted by Chris91SE
nevermind bro.....i downloaded the archives and found the message in the zip file...

thanks for the effort in getting it off, i'll just get a new one and be finished with it...

i was going to ask you about the NAXOS one and thanks for the tip...definitely a sound i don't want...no i have to figure out which muffler i want...i want the dual 3" tip DTM style...thats set...there are just so many brands of them out there...

i think yours was a tsudo right? do you know of any others that are decent?...thanks...
Old 10-17-2000, 04:43 PM

hey get look up an arospeed muffler they are great. i have one. it is lowd as h&ll while it has a silencer so if you go for a long trip you can quiet the interer resenation.
http://www.arospeed.com called the BOMB
laterz
Patrick
Old 10-17-2000, 05:10 PM

I have a ractive muffler on mine. It sounds awsome. They are not too expensive either. I've seen a couple of adds for them in magazines but they probably arent the highest quality but I like it. They run around $160-$200 and they have a lot of styles.

92GXE, touring wing, 18” racing wheels, Port&Polished intake, custom intake, custom yellow interior, racing seats, back seats taken out and replaced with subs and amps, NOS kit, Suspension tech. Lowering springs, custom grille, soon to be custom painted and have the whole engine rebuilt for big shot NOS and custom SC and tranny converted to 5-speed.
Old 10-17-2000, 06:44 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by SkyMax
Yeah, mine was a Tsudo muffler. Are you sure you want a DTM style muffler? Maxspeed, Nakayahma, Tanabe, 5-Zigen are some universal mufflers you might want to look into that offer DTM. BTW, DTM is the loudest type of muffler you can buy.. your car will sound like a 300hp V8 hehe. Don't say I didn't warn you. It won't be as loud if you keep your exhaust resonator though. I'm probably going to get a 2K muffler or GReddy or Remus.. not sure yet cuz I will have to get custom 3" piping if I am going to Boost. Later

Nevin

hehe...you've warned me a couple times now ...i just love the look of them on the max....i saw the greddy and i didn't like how it looked from the side or up close...from behind it's awesome....the greddy for the 4th gens is the one i like the most....

anyway if i get the DTM i will be keeping the resonator...i know i will sacrafice power but i think i may figure something out for when i go to the track...

i guess ill go back to shopping around for now then...thanks again
Old 10-17-2000, 11:53 PM

I have a magnaflow mirror finish street series on mine. It is not really too loud in my opinion. There are a lot of styles to choose from. Check them out at http://www.magnaflow.com