3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Electrical problem...help

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 09:08 PM

Electrical problem...help

While en route to Boston from LI, I discover that my BOSE radio doesnt work. Completely dead. Checked all fuses: OK. Even had a chance to stop and take the headunit out and double-check all connections:OK. I've had this 99 BOSE headunit in my '89 for almost 2 years now, and never once had a problem. I even tested my old '89 BOSE in it. Now, that didnt seem to work, although that headunit has had some problems in the past.

Also, the keyless entry system doesnt work, keypads are in working condition. When the door opens, the seatbelt retracts about an inch then goes back to where it was in the open position. Sometimes the seatbelts dont recognize that the doors are open. All of these problems happened on the same day, suddenly. Any feedback or suggestions.....thanks....
Old 10-02-2006, 09:14 PM

Does your car have the bose speaker system in it? Because it might be the amps. I don't know why or how but I heard they can go. As far as the other problems
Old 10-02-2006, 09:15 PM

Original and complete BOSE system is there, just with the '99 HU. All amps were even rebuilt within the last 2-3 years
Old 10-02-2006, 09:28 PM
mod or sell?

I'd try to find out if all those systems share any common feeds, be they hot or ground. chances are one or the other is bad/failing
Old 10-03-2006, 05:21 AM
To them I'm like an idol

Originally Posted by Dayle97SE
While en route to Boston from LI, I discover that my BOSE radio doesnt work. Completely dead. Checked all fuses: OK. Even had a chance to stop and take the headunit out and double-check all connections:OK. I've had this 99 BOSE headunit in my '89 for almost 2 years now, and never once had a problem. I even tested my old '89 BOSE in it. Now, that didnt seem to work, although that headunit has had some problems in the past.

Also, the keyless entry system doesnt work, keypads are in working condition. When the door opens, the seatbelt retracts about an inch then goes back to where it was in the open position. Sometimes the seatbelts dont recognize that the doors are open. All of these problems happened on the same day, suddenly. Any feedback or suggestions.....thanks....

Not sure on the seatbelt, but on the BOSE, check your fuses. There's a BOSE fuse in the dash panel, and there's usually one in the head unit (on the back of it)
Old 10-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i ****ing hate the 94 audio wiring,,,, i installed an aftermarket jensen and it worked fine after lots of hours of work... well the jenses broke and i now have an alpine.... i totally had to rewire the whole thing... ****in sucked.... but i had it workin for a like a minute but the left front speaker wasnt working so i did a few wire adjustments, and then....... silence... death........ the mother****er doesnt want to work..... ****KKKKKKKKK can anybody help me.... ****tt i doubt it
Old 10-13-2006, 05:32 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by bluntedforce
i ****ing hate the 94 audio wiring,,,, i installed an aftermarket jensen and it worked fine after lots of hours of work... well the jenses broke and i now have an alpine.... i totally had to rewire the whole thing... ****in sucked.... but i had it workin for a like a minute but the left front speaker wasnt working so i did a few wire adjustments, and then....... silence... death........ the mother****er doesnt want to work..... ****KKKKKKKKK can anybody help me.... ****tt i doubt it
relax, you'll live longer

http://www.geocities.com/bracecraig/maxima/stereo.html
Old 10-13-2006, 05:44 PM
bald aggression est 78

Originally Posted by blackandwhite
Not sure on the seatbelt, but on the BOSE, check your fuses. There's a BOSE fuse in the dash panel, and there's usually one in the head unit (on the back of it)
negative on the fuse on the back of radio
Old 10-16-2006, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
Thank you for the link to remore the middle dash! Now to find a stock stereo for my 93SE. The guy before placed a XM Alpine in the dash, it does not look that good, besides wife does not want subscription radio.