3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Learned A Valuable Lesson On Postal Service

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 07:35 AM

Learned A Valuable Lesson On Postal Service

I sent payment from Canada to the US on March 5 by PRIORITY POST, item received by seller on March 10...5days!! The seller who has an excellent rating on ebay sent it out the following morning thats the 6th. He used AIRMAIL. Well its the 22nd now and no MAF. There can be no possible excuse for this type of service!! How long would it take a horse and buggy to go from Washington to Manitoba? Sorry but I am PISSSED to say the least. I absolutely have to have the part by tomorrow or I can't pick up my step son and visit my father (whom I rarely see). The reason is because the car stalls so often and don't want to get caught in thick city traffic stalled at a light or downtown. Thanks for hearing me vent my anger. I should return to normal when I get that part.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:41 AM
Alex_V

If you unplug the maf it will give you a redline of 2200rpm. If you have to resort to that. I drove a Z31 (older 300zx) home and it only had a limit of 1900rpm...man that was a slow 50min drive...

~Alex

Old 03-22-2007, 07:49 AM

The problem is that it runs great for a short while, then it stalls after safe mode kicks in if I attempt to go beyond 2000rpm or at a traffic light. On a major national highway, going under 90kph is unsafe in itself. Speed limit is 100kph (62mph) but average speed is 120kph.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:43 AM

That's quite lame, man. I feel your pain as I have had some bad shipping troubles myself. Hang in there.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:12 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by ninjasword71
I sent payment from Canada to the US on March 5 by PRIORITY POST, item received by seller on March 10...5days!! The seller who has an excellent rating on ebay sent it out the following morning thats the 6th. He used AIRMAIL. Well its the 22nd now and no MAF. There can be no possible excuse for this type of service!! How long would it take a horse and buggy to go from Washington to Manitoba? Sorry but I am PISSSED to say the least. I absolutely have to have the part by tomorrow or I can't pick up my step son and visit my father (whom I rarely see). The reason is because the car stalls so often and don't want to get caught in thick city traffic stalled at a light or downtown. Thanks for hearing me vent my anger. I should return to normal when I get that part.
so you were a fool and used Ebay to buy something.
sucks for you.
next time buy local and you won't have that problem.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:05 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by internetautomar
so you were a fool and used Ebay to buy something.
sucks for you.

I've bought tons of stuff from ebay without ANY problems at all..Great prices,fast shipping,exactly what was advertised..No problems at all...

I get kinda tired of some people ragging on ebay,sure there are some deadbeat vendors on there,but for the most part ebay has the best product and shipping prices of any one company out there...

To the OP,Did you email the guy about the late shipping?it may have gotten lost in shipping/customs or something of that nature...
Old 03-22-2007, 12:17 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94

I've bought tons of stuff from ebay without ANY problems at all..Great prices,fast shipping,exactly what was advertised..No problems at all...

I get kinda tired of some people ragging on ebay,sure there are some deadbeat vendors on there,but for the most part ebay has the best product and shipping prices of any one company out there...

To the OP,Did you email the guy about the late shipping?it may have gotten lost in shipping/customs or something of that nature...
Ebay is what is killing our economy, whether one wants to acknowledge it or not.
Why are local stores closing?
because they have overhead that requires them to make more than $5 on an item. an Ebay seller can live with $5 on an item because they aren't paying insurance that a retail store pays for.
as long as we keep on buying from eBay we will keep losing our local stores.
eventually our economy will collapse because of it. It's just a question of time.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:31 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Ebay is what is killing our economy, whether one wants to acknowledge it or not.
because they have overhead that requires them to make more than $5 on an item. an Ebay seller can live with $5 on an item because they aren't paying insurance that a retail store pays for.
eventually our economy will collapse because of it. It's just a question of time.
I refuse to believe that ebay is going to kill our economy in any way....You sell auto parts on ebay right?

Times are changing,people are buying in a different way than in the past[going to a store],if merchants in local stores do not also sell their items on ebay as well as in their store,then they are stupid business people..IMO,most merchants will realize this as time goes on and start to sell their items online as well as in their stores...The ones that don't...Well ,know what they say....the early bird gets the worm...
Old 03-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Boomer Sooner

ebay is the antichrist.....
Old 03-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Way out West

I like ebay. It keeps me in a job.

As for the Postal Service, I would probably blame the Canadian service. Did you get some kind of confirmation number? Insurance?

Also, there are usually half a dozen guys with spare MAFs they would be willing to part with. Junkyards are full of them, too. I know it's too late for that, but it's good to know.

A couple of weeks ago, I needed a door latch. A member of this board took one out of a parts car and shipped it to me. From the day I paid him (via paypal) until the day it arrived at my door was 3 days and he lives in Tennessee and I am in Oregon.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:33 PM
STFU n00b!

[Devil's Advocate]

Pot, Kettle, black?

you sell WHAT to WHO using WHAT METHOD?

Sorry, Mr. InternetAutoMart. Your 'support your local vendors' falls on deaf ears.
[/Devil'd Advocate]
Old 03-22-2007, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
I refuse to believe that ebay is going to kill our economy in any way....You sell auto parts on ebay right?

Times are changing,people are buying in a different way than in the past[going to a store],if merchants in local stores do not also sell their items on ebay as well as in their store,then they are stupid business people..IMO,most merchants will realize this as time goes on and start to sell their items online as well as in their stores...The ones that don't...Well ,know what they say....the early bird gets the worm...
If stores are struggling in any way, there's no reason they can't jump on the ebay band wagon.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Local stores are closing because they cannot adapt to the changing market place. E-commerce isn't killing them, their inefficiency is. People rarely buy stuff online without seeing it in person first. If a local store's focus is their relationship with the customer, they will not only stay in business, they will do well. (assuming their products fill a need... if they don't have that they were dead long before eBay was even an idea).

And the last thing eBay is doing is killing our economy. eBay states they have 222million registered users globally (quarter 4 2006 earnings presentation). There are 301,437,130 (http://www.census.gov/population/www/popclockus.html) residents in the United States. Now consider how many people live in this country that are not residents, and consider how many ebay accounts you've had. Now consider how often you use ebay? What do you buy on ebay? and is what percentage of the stuff you buy on ebay something you could have bought locally? How much stuff would you have if we did not have easy access to a global market place. (hmmm.... your car mods... hmmmmmmmmmmm)

ninjasword71, sorry to hear about your experience, hopefully it all works out. I think I may still have a spare MAF if you want me to look for it shoot me a PM.

Brian, if you want to ramble about ebay, do it in OT.