3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Interior Painting...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 07:12 AM

Has anyone painted the plastic border that goess around the stereo, and climatee controls and or the plastic that is around the power window switches and door handles. Beacause when I did mine they did not come oput right I think it may have been the spray paint I used but I dont know. If you have done this let me know how you did it. If you had to sand first or whatever.
Old 07-17-2001, 07:17 AM
To them I'm like an idol

Originally posted by TB-MaxSE-89
Has anyone painted the plastic border that goess around the stereo, and climatee controls and or the plastic that is around the power window switches and door handles. Beacause when I did mine they did not come oput right I think it may have been the spray paint I used but I dont know. If you have done this let me know how you did it. If you had to sand first or whatever.
Try a clear coat after you finish painting.
Old 07-17-2001, 07:26 AM

There is a specific paint that you need to buy. Also Clean the surface very very good so you dont get the fish eye finish. This is when the paint dosent take to some places and causes bubbles or spotting. Sand it with a fine sand paper if desired. ( Thats what I did ) They use a clear coat over the paint. Take your time!!! Dont rush this bc if you do it will more than likely look like CRAP. And I dont think that you want that.
Old 07-17-2001, 07:51 AM
To them I'm like an idol

Originally posted by BIGDOG
There is a specific paint that you need to buy. Also Clean the surface very very good so you dont get the fish eye finish. This is when the paint dosent take to some places and causes bubbles or spotting. Sand it with a fine sand paper if desired. ( Thats what I did ) They use a clear coat over the paint. Take your time!!! Dont rush this bc if you do it will more than likely look like CRAP. And I dont think that you want that.
I am currently in the process of re-doing my crappy job, now that I have the right paint, and clear coat, and a garage to do it all in.
Old 07-17-2001, 11:21 AM

im also thinking bout painting mine...what is the right type of paint to use???
Old 07-17-2001, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by khrfadz
im also thinking bout painting mine...what is the right type of paint to use???
when i did mine i just used spray paint and then clear coat i wish i sanded it first but i'll sand it and do another coat when i pull it all apart to install my stereo heres some pics more at website

Optimus