3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

mouse in the engine!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:53 PM

mouse in the engine!!!

yesterday I warm up my Max and little investigate engine. Then notice a quick move around break cylinder. I go close and see mouse who try to escape. That moment I was in panic because I know that MOUSE IN THE CAR IS VERY VERY BIG PROBLEM. I try to scare mouse and after 10-15 sec "JERRY" jump down and run far away from car on my big luck
But, after this experience I ask: is any know how to solve problem when mouse go into car, or is any way how to prevent it.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:56 PM

.............huh?
Old 08-30-2007, 11:32 PM

Your post with all its typos makes my brain hurt.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:49 PM

well, its obvious, mouse in car = bad

there are solutions but they are all risky
Old 08-31-2007, 03:49 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by gapboi210
.............huh?

Originally Posted by Maxima9750
Your post with all its typos makes my brain hurt.

Give him a break guys,he's lives in bosnia..
Old 08-31-2007, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by andrei3333
well, its obvious, mouse in car = bad

there are solutions but they are all risky

I know that drivers in Germany have a problem with some kind of squirrel, and they use some device which emit supersound and put it in the engine place. This device dispel all rodents. On that way they protect cables, rubber surface, plastic covers etc...
Old 08-31-2007, 07:22 AM
Tom

I don't know where you park your car (outside?), but a mouse trap might be a good start.

2 friends of mine have experienced mouse problem with their cars. In both cases, the mouse chewed up some wiring in the car (parked in their garage)and resulted in very expensive repairs where a wiring harness needed to be replaced. They both called exterminators and solved the issue, but with the 2nd friend, the problem was that there was some food stored in the garage and the mouse found it. Needless to say, she doesn't store food in the garage any more.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:22 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

sorry I didnt read the whole post but I just wanted to post this solution I had to keeping mice out of my engine bay...

Old 08-31-2007, 08:06 AM

Is that your ****ing cat??!?!?!!?! you sick bastard.....
Old 08-31-2007, 08:07 AM
heresmymind

put fabric softener sheets in ur interior and engine bay if its sitting still. also dove soap. they hate the smells. my grandmother restores old car. and she has a 1950's bellair and they ate her interior up. fabric soften in there. and they never showed up again.

-B

Old 08-31-2007, 10:20 AM
mod or sell?

rag soaked in ammonia.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:56 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by Maximahappy22
Is that your ****ing cat??!?!?!!?! you sick bastard.....

Why am I sick?...its not dead or anything lol.

here is the full story on that...

The car had been sitting up while I was working on other projects (I think I had the black 92SE at the time). There was a cat that stayed around the house and it decided the engine bay of my car was a safe place to keep her kittens.

I found them because the neighbors dog was going crazy there at the car and after I ran him off I lifted the hood and there were 3 kittens hanging out in the engine bay. By the time I got my camera all but the one I got the picture of moved to the back of the engine where I coldnt get a picture of them (actually in this picture you can see one of the others on the frame rail below and to the right of the one in focus)...that one moved shortly after. Every now and then I would open the hood to check on them and they were always laying on the transmission and would run and hide as soon as they saw me.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:06 AM

When you go camping, don't park right up against a tree. We did that on a camping trip once, and tree rats took over the truck. They built up a large nest right on the chevy small block and birthed 3 or 4 of them right there. Fortunately we checked the fluids and everything before we left. I think the mother broke our thermostat too, because it got stuck closed. [face_doh] After 5 hours of limping from the Wyo-Montana border trying to get back to Denver we also blew out a tire. We took the spare off and found another nest with a single new-born tree rat in it. We set him in a prarie dog hole and wished him luck and set back off. 3/4m down the road we got another flat. Worst drive ever.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:26 AM
STFU n00b!

Pet supply places have dog, cat, and rodent (including squirrel) repellent chemicals you can place in the area around the cars.

ultrasonic repellents may work too, but I haven't done much research into those.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:32 AM

Strychnine FTMFW!

haha. im jk, but that fabric softener sheet trick actually works.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:36 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Mice belong next to a computer, not under the hood.

But seriously though, put in one of those hamster wheels and have it run the A/C. Mousepower!
Old 08-31-2007, 11:40 AM
STFU n00b!

Sorry.. couldn't help it... really trying not to do any work today.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:27 PM
I can has?

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
Sorry.. couldn't help it... really trying not to do any work today.
hahaha.... that tickled me for some reason...
Old 08-31-2007, 12:33 PM

i would look more into chemicals then traps. traps won' t prevent them ,just stop them once they are there.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:18 PM
- Product of Maxima.org -

ROFL @ stealin' ur gearz!

chemicals would work better due to the fact that it would kill the little 'family' of mice, while traps would only kill one at a time.

or you could always just throw alot of dust and crap in your engine bay, and spill a drink or two..that always stopped my mice from moving correctly back in the 90's....assuming it's a roller mouse and not an optical mouse of course...

(just joking by the way, don't want my english to be taken seriously, i know how easily a joke can be lost in translation.)
Old 08-31-2007, 02:10 PM

i was kidding man, but thats cool that cats decided to make ur maxi a home

Originally Posted by Michael
Why am I sick?...its not dead or anything lol.

here is the full story on that...

The car had been sitting up while I was working on other projects (I think I had the black 92SE at the time). There was a cat that stayed around the house and it decided the engine bay of my car was a safe place to keep her kittens.

I found them because the neighbors dog was going crazy there at the car and after I ran him off I lifted the hood and there were 3 kittens hanging out in the engine bay. By the time I got my camera all but the one I got the picture of moved to the back of the engine where I coldnt get a picture of them (actually in this picture you can see one of the others on the frame rail below and to the right of the one in focus)...that one moved shortly after. Every now and then I would open the hood to check on them and they were always laying on the transmission and would run and hide as soon as they saw me.
ROFL @ matty's photoshop
Old 08-31-2007, 02:38 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by Maximahappy22
i was kidding man, but thats cool that cats decided to make ur maxi a home

ROFL @ matty's photoshop

I kinda figured you were but there are so many animal rights people out there I didnt want them to think I stuck the kittens in there or killed them.

Matt's photoshop is great...I wonder if it will make its way all over the internet like other pics.

I think I will make it my sig .
Old 08-31-2007, 02:46 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

of course when I first saw the thread (and the reason it caught my attention to have me actually click on it) I thought he was talking about a small block Chevy motor in something (BBs are known as Rats so the SB is commonly referred to as a mouse motor).
Old 08-31-2007, 02:49 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

I kinda figured you were but there are so many animal rights people out there I didnt want them to think I stuck the kittens in there or killed them.

Matt's photoshop is great...I wonder if it will make its way all over the internet like other pics.

I think I will make it my sig .
already posted a bulletin on myspace with the pic. put a copyright of 2007 Blehmco Motorsports, but i guess i could cite Michael too. What should i put?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:59 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by capedcadaver
already posted a bulletin on myspace with the pic. put a copyright of 2007 Blehmco Motorsports, but i guess i could cite Michael too. What should i put?
I dont need to be cited...not for that pic

The only problem I ever had with someone taking my pics is when a guy on ebay that was selling CAI's took my pics off of cardomain and used them as his own to sell his CAI's without permission or without giving me any royalty from the sales. I didnt even buy my CAI from him which is what made it so bad.

I dont see a way for you to make money from that pic so do with it what you will.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:06 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Actually micheal,I think this may call for a capecadaver permaban.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:50 PM

Old 08-31-2007, 09:37 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
Actually micheal,I think this may call for a capecadaver permaban.
wait what?
Old 08-31-2007, 10:54 PM

off topic i know, but my mom's cats use to get in the engine bay every night. before she went to work in the morning, she would hit the panic button and the cats would haul a$$ out of there.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:08 AM

i've seen cats diced up by dodge fans and belts....not pretty.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:56 AM
STFU n00b!

Originally Posted by ustfdes
i've seen cats diced up by dodge fans and belts....not pretty.
.... If your riding lawnmower sleeps outside, make sure you give it a thorough checkout before firing it up during kitten season.

I don't care about the pic. it was a funny I made in a few secs. no money in that. post away.

back to the subject.... The chemical repellents will keep them from coming near the place you put the stuff. so generally put it in a flower pot and place it next to your driveway. it doesn't kill, hurt, maim, or damage the critters in any way. they just don't like the smell so they go somewhere else. kinda like when you stop at the gas station and your girl has to pee... then goes inside and finds out the stall smells like a sewer.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:13 AM

alo with the traps how you going to drive around with traps in the engine bay and the mice might chew wires before they make it to a trap
Old 09-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

MOTHBALLS. I had the same problem (at one time) and a few mothballs carefully nestled in the engine bay will send them away. I used about 6 mothballs. Rats/mice hate the smell. Of note, you might hate the smell too, so don't use too many.
Mothballs are also widely used for those that store their cars for long intervals. In the case of storage, you needn't to put them in the engine bay, just place them on the ground below.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:47 AM

haha matt, the kitty choppin was never my doing, i've just seen the messes caused by them in other peoples vehicles...i DO check my stuff out, because i DO luv za kittays. and my mom used to have a bunch.

and +1 to mothballs.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:55 PM
STFU n00b!

I never said I mowed them intentionally either. I don't even have a cat- saw one in the area a few days before, but didn't know there were kittens.. I just fired up the mower one day and there's kittens flying out the grass chute.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:35 PM

Get a cat named Tom.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:57 PM

oh, haha, gotcha. sorry, missed the meaning there. ;x
Old 09-01-2007, 03:38 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by capedcadaver
wait what?

Just pokin fun dude..

Old 09-02-2007, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
The chemical repellents will keep them from coming near the place you put the stuff. so generally put it in a flower pot and place it next to your driveway. it doesn't kill, hurt, maim, or damage the critters in any way.
Bah, too much money for an animal I hate. For me, it was much easier to pitch an old lemon from the lemon tree square in the cat's butt when I caught it taking one of its regular dumps in the planter along my driveway. Little bastard.

Suffice to say, it never dumped there again and it only cost me one lemon.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:27 AM
mod or sell?

of course when I first saw the thread (and the reason it caught my attention to have me actually click on it) I thought he was talking about a small block Chevy motor in something (BBs are known as Rats so the SB is commonly referred to as a mouse motor).
I knew I wasn't the only one

Quick Reply: mouse in the engine!!!