3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

sprint spring install (long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 12:34 AM

well, i installed the front springs today...took me 4 hours on the first side because a bolt wouldnt come out...even with the impact gun...so we had to use some elbow grease...finally got it off. when we had the strut off i noticed that the orange gasket type hting was brittle, so we threw it away, I hope that's not important.

well, we put on the spring compressor, compressed the spring, and undid the bolt that holds the spring to the strut. the spring kinda jerked, but the compressor held it. so, now we have the spring free....and we're slowly uncompressing the spring by unscrewing each side of the compressor equally....and all of a sudden the spring just shoots off....one side is compressed and the other side is totally uncompressed...scared the bejesus out of me.

anyhow...we compressed the new spring, set it in...we got rid of the bump-stop and dust boot too...(that's what some mechanics said at the shop i hang out at). the front one side took about 4 hours sinec one of the bolts wouldnt come off that held the strut to the brake assembly, but the second side took about 30 minutes (we had the springs compressed at the shop too)

well, the front is lowered...it looks sweet with the stillen kit on it i scrape on many things if i am not careful, but it is so sweet looking. tomarrow i hopefully do the rear. i will post pics soon.

those are my thoughts...i just typed em out..not really thinking about it. it's late, and i wanted to share my experience.

btw: anybody with sprints, how much did the springs settle after you had them on for a while?
Old 08-02-2001, 01:47 AM

The same thing happened to me with one screw. the bolt came off but the screw would not slide out. I beat the hell out of it trying to get it out then said **** I will let my machanic do it. The rear were not that easy compared to the front. I drove around with 3 lowered corners for about a week
Old 08-02-2001, 02:05 AM

Originally posted by JDwyer2821
The same thing happened to me with one screw. the bolt came off but the screw would not slide out. I beat the hell out of it trying to get it out then said **** I will let my machanic do it. The rear were not that easy compared to the front. I drove around with 3 lowered corners for about a week
grrr...it was my driver-side-front. of the two bolts that hold the strut in place, the top wouldn't come off. we tried wrenches, hammers, fingers, lots of blood...and the impact gun..finally we just used a big *** wrench and laid down the law...everything else came off no problem.

right now i'm drivin around with the tight ***, 1/2 lowered car i swear i'll finish the job myself thou...i don't wanna spend $ if i can do it.

how much work was the rear? i dont like the idea of takin all the **** off.
Old 08-02-2001, 09:19 AM

Originally posted by ngthing

grrr...it was my driver-side-front. of the two bolts that hold the strut in place, the top wouldn't come off. we tried wrenches, hammers, fingers, lots of blood...and the impact gun..finally we just used a big *** wrench and laid down the law...everything else came off no problem.

right now i'm drivin around with the tight ***, 1/2 lowered car i swear i'll finish the job myself thou...i don't wanna spend $ if i can do it.

how much work was the rear? i dont like the idea of takin all the **** off.
It took all day to do the rear and it cost me $50 to get the rear spring done and ne stud which i stripped Grrr
Old 08-02-2001, 10:05 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

you know what sucks more...you'll need to redo them.
you can't run a strut w/o the strut boot and running w/o a bump stop is just asking for trouble. your struts will blow soon because the dirt that will build up on the piston will eventually scrape the rod and all that fun oil in the strut will come flying out.

you're basically lucky you didn't lose a finger. the spring compressors are supposed to be tighten and loosen equally...if u don't then it will slide..(what happened to you).

the fronts are normally the easier than the rears..no big gland nut to take off and no rear seats to pull out. personally from reading what happened to you w/ the fronts i would consider having a mechanic work on it.

well, i installed the front springs today...took me 4 hours on the first side because a bolt wouldnt come out...even with the impact gun...so we had to use some elbow grease...finally got it off. when we had the strut off i noticed that the orange gasket type hting was brittle, so we threw it away, I hope that's not important.

well, we put on the spring compressor, compressed the spring, and undid the bolt that holds the spring to the strut. the spring kinda jerked, but the compressor held it. so, now we have the spring free....and we're slowly uncompressing the spring by unscrewing each side of the compressor equally....and all of a sudden the spring just shoots off....one side is compressed and the other side is totally uncompressed...scared the bejesus out of me.

anyhow...we compressed the new spring, set it in...we got rid of the bump-stop and dust boot too...(that's what some mechanics said at the shop i hang out at). the front one side took about 4 hours sinec one of the bolts wouldnt come off that held the strut to the brake assembly, but the second side took about 30 minutes (we had the springs compressed at the shop too)

well, the front is lowered...it looks sweet with the stillen kit on it i scrape on many things if i am not careful, but it is so sweet looking. tomarrow i hopefully do the rear. i will post pics soon.

those are my thoughts...i just typed em out..not really thinking about it. it's late, and i wanted to share my experience.

btw: anybody with sprints, how much did the springs settle after you had them on for a while?
Old 08-02-2001, 10:16 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

oh boy..............

to add to danny, that little brittle piece you tossed is needed as well. w/o the strut will be knocking against the strut tower and your going to hear it each time you go over bumps...that was a spacer you just tossed..

For future reference...parts are on your car for a reason. therefore i wouldn't just throw them away ESPECIALLY if a mechanic tells me its OK...
Old 08-02-2001, 10:48 AM

I cannot believe you took on such an involved project while being so ignorant to the functions of key suspension components and ignoring proper procedures for the suspension replacement.

The mechanic that told you to not use your bump stops and dust boots is a complete idiot. Please give me his phone number so I can tell him he's an idiot. It's like the mechanic that called me once from a shop (he was working on a member's car) to ask me how to replace the rear struts on the member's Maxima he was working on.

You will ruin your new struts if you don't put the new dust boots and bump stops. When and if you bottom out, you will cause major strut and sheet metal damage without a bumpstop in place.

Come on guys, THINK.
-Kaleb
Old 08-02-2001, 12:00 PM

Originally posted by Chris91SE
oh boy..............

to add to danny, that little brittle piece you tossed is needed as well. w/o the strut will be knocking against the strut tower and your going to hear it each time you go over bumps...that was a spacer you just tossed..

For future reference...parts are on your car for a reason. therefore i wouldn't just throw them away ESPECIALLY if a mechanic tells me its OK...
yikes...when I had did the first side, I had the brittle piece on the top strut, but it was cracked and the mechanic at the shop said I didn't need it (or the bumpstop and dust boot...jsut my luck).

I asked him to put it on both dust boot and gasket, but he said it wasn't necessary.
Old 08-02-2001, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by kaleb
I cannot believe you took on such an involved project while being so ignorant to the functions of key suspension components and ignoring proper procedures for the suspension replacement.

The mechanic that told you to not use your bump stops and dust boots is a complete idiot. Please give me his phone number so I can tell him he's an idiot. It's like the mechanic that called me once from a shop (he was working on a member's car) to ask me how to replace the rear struts on the member's Maxima he was working on.

You will ruin your new struts if you don't put the new dust boots and bump stops. When and if you bottom out, you will cause major strut and sheet metal damage without a bumpstop in place.

Come on guys, THINK.
-Kaleb
I'll get you his number. I wasn't sure, so I asked him. Luckily I don't have new struts, they are the stock struts until I get replacements.

What type of strut and metal damage will happen if I don't ge this fixed? thanks.

also, where can I order replacement parts? are there parts on the rear that will need replacement?
Old 08-02-2001, 12:09 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

we're talking good damage here. it is very dangerous to be driving without those parts. get everything OEM from you local dealer and redo the install before you hurt yourself or others...
Old 08-02-2001, 12:24 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

I'll get you his number. I wasn't sure, so I asked him. Luckily I don't have new struts, they are the stock struts until I get replacements.

What type of strut and metal damage will happen if I don't ge this fixed? thanks.

also, where can I order replacement parts? are there parts on the rear that will need replacement?
well w/o bump stop your strut will bottom it self out...basically go beyond the point it was designed for. it'll hit the casing of the strut housing.
in extreme cases your tires may rub w/ the inner fender and it might rub the outter metal fender...hence cutting the tire causing a blow out and cause you to lose control of your car. fun enh?

call your local dealer for replacement parts.
Old 08-02-2001, 12:25 PM
STFU n00b!

Dude.. Can I make a video of you working on your car so I can show everyone else what NOT to do?

You should send someone from the ASE certification board to this mechanic, so they can revoke his certificates (if he has any to begin with)

Next time, just take your car to a real shop and pay to have it done. you risk hurting yourself and everyone around you playing with a spring compressor when you don't know how to use it correctly.
Old 08-02-2001, 02:36 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

get some pics up with the sprints and body kiy asap!
Old 08-02-2001, 02:44 PM

dude guys, lay off. He is not old and experienced with the Maxima's yet, he is a nice guy and a friend. Quit calling him a moron. I am positive that not everything that you guys have done was perfect the first time. So chill. Let him learn, and thus love the Maxima.
Old 08-02-2001, 03:21 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by Dirksmoothe
dude guys, lay off. He is not old and experienced with the Maxima's yet, he is a nice guy and a friend. Quit calling him a moron. I am positive that not everything that you guys have done was perfect the first time. So chill. Let him learn, and thus love the Maxima.
ummm...my max is the first car i've ever worked on. I have done the same mods and then some on my own. I would never imagine throwing integral components of the suspension away. you have to admit this is a bad situation...
Old 08-02-2001, 03:37 PM

bad situation yes. best way to take care of it by berating him? no...

He is a smart kid and he will take care of it. I will make sure of it. His car is two shakes away from being really nice.

I am not starting anything, just backin' a friend.
Old 08-02-2001, 11:09 PM
MaximaSE91

Leave him alone

At least he did it himself!!!. I read most of these post and most of ya got to take your cars to the shop and have it done, whats up, The Maxima is very easy to work on. and if you want to bash someone for wanting to learn how to work on their cars then you have problems. But I really dont care I can lower a 3rd gen in 2 hrs front and rear same with 4th and 5th gens so im not worried I make my money on people that arent "brave enough to try something on their own". oh and I'm glad to hear you didnt hurt your self when the spring came loose" Gotta watch them springs carfully they are dangerous!. When I lower cars Ipoint them at walls and use my mpact to remove the strut cap bolt and have fun shooting springs across my garage but anyways take it easy, oh and put that bumpstop back in its important also reinstall that dust cover very important also.
Take it easy

Old 08-03-2001, 01:56 AM

Originally posted by Matt93SE
Dude.. Can I make a video of you working on your car so I can show everyone else what NOT to do?

You should send someone from the ASE certification board to this mechanic, so they can revoke his certificates (if he has any to begin with)

Next time, just take your car to a real shop and pay to have it done. you risk hurting yourself and everyone around you playing with a spring compressor when you don't know how to use it correctly.
Make a trip over here, I'd be more than happy to get you that video. The mechanics (who are also friends of mine) run the local speed shop. They're certified. They were doing me a favor by compressing the passanger side strut/spring assembly. As for the spring compressor, we've used it before for Honda/Acura installs without a problem. The springs on the Maxima were five times their size. All the instructions were followed, and the spring came out. It even came out when it was done at the shop. Sometimes things go wrong, and it's not necessarily anybodies fault.
Old 08-03-2001, 02:02 AM

Originally posted by Chris91SE

ummm...my max is the first car i've ever worked on. I have done the same mods and then some on my own. I would never imagine throwing integral components of the suspension away. you have to admit this is a bad situation...
Same with me, this car is the first car that I've owned, and it's what has gotten me interested in automobiles.

I had the bump-stop and dust cover on the first strut assembly that I worked on, it was only the second one that I didn't put on because the mechanics said it wasn't necessary. You learn something new everyday: don't always trust the "professionals".

thanks guys
Old 08-03-2001, 09:22 AM
Pusssseeeehhhh

NGTHING, expect the sprints to settle a bit more after driving around for awhile, it has more of an aggressive stance then intrax cause the front is lower then the back and does not give that sag look, i tuck rubber on all 4 corners, more in the front
Old 08-03-2001, 10:23 AM
STFU n00b!

Guys, I don't mean to sound rude, but jumping into a suspension project is NOT where to learn how to work on your car. Yes, he did it at a shop, Yes, he had someone "helping" him, but obviously they're the morons. Jon didn't know what he was doing, and relied on the knowledge of someone else to help him through the tough parts. No, it's not his fault things went wrong, but the guys helping him should have known better than to do some of the things they did.

Even before I ever worked on my car (ANY car for that matter), I read the service manual sections covering what I was doing, and had all the parts ready. I called the dealer and told them what I was doing and asked what additional parts I would need. (i.e. "I'm doing a strut job on my Maxima this weekend. I've already got the struts, what else do I need- like dust boots, bump stops, and stuff like that?")

You'd be amazed by what you can learn through a couple simple phone calls.

on the spring compressor issue, I've NEVER had a spring pop on me like that, and I've done at least 12 spring jobs- that means 48 springs, some I had to do several times in order to get the seats lined up right. again, in allll those times, I've never had a spring pop loose on me.

I'm not trying to pretend I'm the god of DIY mechanics, but before I jump into anything, I find out what's involved and make sure I've got the ability, tools, and parts BEFORE I start on something.
Old 08-03-2001, 12:37 PM

Originally posted by maxse91
NGTHING, expect the sprints to settle a bit more after driving around for awhile, it has more of an aggressive stance then intrax cause the front is lower then the back and does not give that sag look, i tuck rubber on all 4 corners, more in the front
hmm, okay. a little lower isn't a bad deal. i had thought i had posted hte pics up last ngiht, but I guess they didn't show up. here they are

Old 08-03-2001, 12:41 PM

front lip shot. i'll get more shots when the weather is nice.
Old 08-03-2001, 05:02 PM

front lip shot. i'll get more shots when the weather is nice.
sorry to both you with such a stupid question... but what is the lowering specs of those sprint springs.... and if you get a chance, can you measure the distance from the lowest point on your stillen front lip to the ground? thanks...
Old 08-03-2001, 05:23 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: Leave him alone

Originally posted by MaximaSE91
At least he did it himself!!!. I read most of these post and most of ya got to take your cars to the shop and have it done, whats up, The Maxima is very easy to work on.
in case you don't read much, each one of us that posted a reply trying to rectify the situation are do-it-yourselfer's. So don't come on here and tell us that we take our cars to shops blah blah blah. Oh and your pretty mature shooting springs across the garage. I've never had a spring shoot in the suspension setups i've done...
Old 08-03-2001, 05:43 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Leave him alone

At least he did it himself!!!. I read most of these post and most of ya got to take your cars to the shop and have it done, whats up, The Maxima is very easy to work on. and if you want to bash someone for wanting to learn how to work on their cars then you have problems. But I really dont care I can lower a 3rd gen in 2 hrs front and rear same with 4th and 5th gens so im not worried I make my money on people that arent "brave enough to try something on their own". oh and I'm glad to hear you didnt hurt your self when the spring came loose" Gotta watch them springs carfully they are dangerous!. When I lower cars Ipoint them at walls and use my mpact to remove the strut cap bolt and have fun shooting springs across my garage but anyways take it easy, oh and put that bumpstop back in its important also reinstall that dust cover very important also.
Take it easy
haaahaaaa...
right..he tries..i'll give him that. is he doing it correctly? no. sorry i'm one of the ones that do my own mods. so you can count me out. so basically you like to sling bottom nut and the bolt of the spring compressor tool at about 50 mph at a wall or your garage wall? do u also bench race and love to trash talk behind a screen? please let me know when that bolt hits u in the eye and maybe that's when you stop shooting them across the garage floor. do u also use the emergency jack to do suspension work too?
we're telling him not to do the rest of the suspension because he might kill himself. the springs are over 100lb/ft torque each...it's about a loaded gun in your hand. i don't want to hear people losing their limb and body parts because he didn't know how to properly work on their car.
Old 08-03-2001, 06:35 PM

Originally posted by Shugarhi
sorry to both you with such a stupid question... but what is the lowering specs of those sprint springs.... and if you get a chance, can you measure the distance from the lowest point on your stillen front lip to the ground? thanks...
the sprint's are 1.8"s, and they are progressive. i'll measure the lip next time I go outside. here's another pic i took with an s4.

Old 08-04-2001, 12:36 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

NGthing, it looks sweet man!

the lip doesn't look as low as I thought it would!(and thats a good thing), but I know there will be some scraping! Mine are still sitting in my trunk...damn shop says they'll start it Monday....ARGGGGGGHHHHH, I wan't my ****ing Sprints on! the car is looking good man...GET SOME RIMS!!
Old 08-04-2001, 12:51 AM

Re: NGthing, it looks sweet man!

yeah the lip isn't THAT low, but you can tell it's been lowered. it looks really sweet you drive up to a bmw or something of that sort and you're sitting lower than them. it's kinda neat. i've got 18s on my list of things to do those will come soon.
Old 08-04-2001, 10:52 PM
MaximaSE91

to danNY

I know more than you can even imagine, yeah I do like to shoot springs to screw off and yes its very dangerous. I dont do it all the time if im in a bind and dont have a set of sring compressors on me I'll come up with another method on most cars, however maxima springs are way to dang long and compressed to be doing this with. but you have no place to laugh or make fun of anyone, I could run circles around you. when it comes to working on a 3rd gen or any max for that reason I'm not trying to flame anyone but when somewhen steps up and says you dont know how to work on cars it seems to spin me just a bit. But think what you think I could really care less there are peeps in here that know me and respect me

anyways have fun.
and im glad that you do work on your own car I do respect that. but I also respect people who give it a try also. It's all a learning experience. and you learn by making mistakes along the way.

Old 08-05-2001, 01:15 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: to danNY

I know more than you can even imagine, yeah I do like to shoot springs to screw off and yes its very dangerous. I dont do it all the time if im in a bind and dont have a set of sring compressors on me I'll come up with another method on most cars, however maxima springs are way to dang long and compressed to be doing this with. but you have no place to laugh or make fun of anyone, I could run circles around you. when it comes to working on a 3rd gen or any max for that reason I'm not trying to flame anyone but when somewhen steps up and says you dont know how to work on cars it seems to spin me just a bit. But think what you think I could really care less there are peeps in here that know me and respect me

anyways have fun.
and im glad that you do work on your own car I do respect that. but I also respect people who give it a try also. It's all a learning experience. and you learn by making mistakes along the way.
who the hell are you to come in here and make assumptions about anyone. Just so YOU know there are thousands of "PEEPS" in here that know and respect Dan. You have no clue what he knows. I would put my money down that Dan could run circles around you when it comes to maximas. Why don't you just settle down and read before you open your mouth and you just may learn something...
Old 08-05-2001, 01:47 PM
MaximaSE91

O.K

I got it Does dan have a Nissan Technician certification, has dan gone through 6yrs of training. if he has great but im nopt dumb by anymeans and I try my best to help people in here with what I have encountered at the dealership. the things I share are things that I have commonly encountered.
I'm not trying to flame people but when someone comes in here and calls me an idiot it ****es me off I'm not calling anyone an idiot. because no one is.
anyways enjoy your maximas.

Old 08-05-2001, 02:53 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: to danNY

please tell me you're my neighbor and you know exactly how much i know on cars and etc. how can u assume u know more than me? i hear someone who shoots springs across the garage doesn't come to me as someone who is professional what so ever at working on their car. please stop talking your trash behind your computer. because you DO NOT know me. you can not assume you know more than me. yeah sure you can run circles around me...greattt...do u think you have something to prove on a internet BBS?
please STFU about how much crap you know...you want to be responsible for someone losing their arm or finger because they made a mistake? oh wait did u lose your eye or finger shooting springs? making a mistake on something that's simple to figure out is fine...making mistake on a spring is another story. so from now on if anyone works on their car and is injured in any way i'll make sure you get the medical bill.
i see you have a huge ego about your knowledge of 3rd gens. please take your huge ego else where mr. so call 3rd gen master.

anyways have fun.
Old 08-05-2001, 03:02 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

now children

stop it . It means very little to talk junk online. Someone should just close this thread because im sure its intened purpose has been lost. By the way Ng the car looks great ill probably go with sprints too.

By the way
we all make mistakes
pencils have erasers
live and learn
silence the violence
increase the peace
Old 08-05-2001, 03:04 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: O.K

I got it Does dan have a Nissan Technician certification, has dan gone through 6yrs of training. if he has great but im nopt dumb by anymeans and I try my best to help people in here with what I have encountered at the dealership. the things I share are things that I have commonly encountered.
I'm not trying to flame people but when someone comes in here and calls me an idiot it ****es me off I'm not calling anyone an idiot. because no one is.
anyways enjoy your maximas.
nissan teach their techs how to shoot customer's springs across the garage? is that in the training? you can go and help anyone..that's fine. just know that people don't know as much as you do when it comes to working on their cars.
don't you guys get a wall mounted spring compressor to use? ya know the rig that compresses the springs easily and will do so a lot safer than the two sticks w/ hooks.
did i call u a idiot? do u see the word idiot anywhere? please keep your ego in check. there are many here that knows more than you and i combined. so please if you want to help then help out the members...but if you're going to tell people to go try doing something on their cars that's over their head then you'll be killing members on here.
respect is not given here..it's earned.
go enjoy your ride and do not make assumptions about people you don't know on here.
Old 08-05-2001, 03:46 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

To tell you the truth.....

I didn't see one insult in this whole post, its more of CONSTUCTIVE CRITISCM from other members who have done the spring/strut install and obviously they have valid input on the subject since Ngthing did have some problems with the install....but I agree with the others, if you're puzzled on the exact operation of the spring compressor or other tools, leave the work to an EXPERIENCED mechanic, I doubt you'll want to learn to use something as dangerous as a srping compressor!

I don't see why MaximaSE91 is getting so offended since not once did I see anyone call Ngthing and idiot or tell him to never work on his car again ....for god sakes read his own posts he took evrything rather well and seemed to consider eveyones suggestions as CONSTRUCTIVE not NEGATIVE...
Old 08-05-2001, 04:11 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: To tell you the truth.....

Originally posted by DA-MAX
I didn't see one insult in this whole post, its more of CONSTUCTIVE CRITISCM from other members who have done the spring/strut install and obviously they have valid input on the subject since Ngthing did have some problems with the install....but I agree with the others, if you're puzzled on the exact operation of the spring compressor or other tools, leave the work to an EXPERIENCED mechanic, I doubt you'll want to learn to use something as dangerous as a srping compressor!

I don't see why MaximaSE91 is getting so offended since not once did I see anyone call Ngthing and idiot or tell him to never work on his car again ....for god sakes read his own posts he took evrything rather well and seemed to consider eveyones suggestions as CONSTRUCTIVE not NEGATIVE...
couldn't have said it better. Ngthing takes things well all the time. Even when he had problems with the CAI install he took everything with a grain of salt. No one was downing him whatsoever. All that posted were posting potential problems or just to try and rectify the situation...
Old 08-05-2001, 10:09 PM
MaximaSE91

well for one thing sorry fo all the confusion shooting springs isnt fun nor is it safe i had a spring compressor bind up on me and i was working on my 91 max I had a 90 Max and I wasnt gonna stop a stupid spring compressor stop me from getting it done. so there ya have it(Do not for any reason disassmeble a strut assy for anyreason without the spring compressors the rears are safe to do so but do not disassemble the fronts they come off like a loaded gun and yeah the first time i everlowered a maxima back in the early days i unbolted the strut cap and it flew off scaring the *hit out of me I've done it a couple times since but in a safe area. so im sorry for all the b/s back and forth I want all of us to get along in here. as we all should we all are maxima owners and afterall thats what brings us in here/but there is a guy with a civic in here posting makes me wonder????. hes posting about his carbon fiber hood on his civic but I guess its all cool.
anyways take it easy. oh and danNY its all over with so can we just be cool in here now?.

Old 08-05-2001, 10:45 PM

well for one thing sorry fo all the confusion shooting springs isnt fun nor is it safe i had a spring compressor bind up on me and i was working on my 91 max I had a 90 Max and I wasnt gonna stop a stupid spring compressor stop me from getting it done. so there ya have it(Do not for any reason disassmeble a strut assy for anyreason without the spring compressors the rears are safe to do so but do not disassemble the fronts they come off like a loaded gun and yeah the first time i everlowered a maxima back in the early days i unbolted the strut cap and it flew off scaring the *hit out of me I've done it a couple times since but in a safe area. so im sorry for all the b/s back and forth I want all of us to get along in here. as we all should we all are maxima owners and afterall thats what brings us in here/but there is a guy with a civic in here posting makes me wonder????. hes posting about his carbon fiber hood on his civic but I guess its all cool.
anyways take it easy. oh and danNY its all over with so can we just be cool in here now?.

ummm.... right, anyways, Ngthing, i saw your ride today, I enjoyed driving it, yes mine would beat the c r a p out of yours at the track, but at least yours is loud! hahaha.. jk. good to meet you and check out the board on my teams site if you are at all interested in becoming a member. (that's not a guarentee)

www.nwnismosyndicate.com

Peace out and have a good night everyone...

Get a beer and relax
Old 08-05-2001, 10:54 PM
I'm needing a caw

I thought I was the master?? <Jeff hides now>

Just for the record, Dan knows alot but as alot of us OG posters are now, we get jaded pretty fast.

I do wonder who knows the most about the 3-gen. I know alot about the Ve(taken egine/tranny out, VTC repair after the Nissan "tech" fubar'd it up), head gasket, exhuast studs, injector balance/cleaning, lightend flywheel etc..) but Dan know alot about the VG and has done VQ SC install before(which is damn hard I hear)

If you indeed do know alot about mechanics, welcome. But if you don't, please don't try to fake it here. There are too many of us that can smell bs from a mile away.

Question: if you have 3 or 6 years of Nissan tech and are ASE certifed, why do you now work at TireRack?

I'm from Seattle, so maybe you can come up to one of our NW meets sometime.

Also I did the spring bling before also. I did it once and vowed not to do it ever again. Lucky those 510 springs are not that long. hehe Hell I was about 16 at the time.

Nice maxs on your site.

Quick Reply: sprint spring install (long)