3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2001, 07:57 AM

Hi, Monday I cleaned my engine area, with simple green and water. Well I read all there was to see how to do it and now I'm having a problem. My engine is skipping. Whenever I am stopped at something my whole car shakes like it wants to stall but it never does. And also the RPM's are lower too and the needle shakes like crazy. I checked under the distributor cap to see If had gotten and moisture in there, but there wasnt. I think I got water in something I should have. Any Ideas? Oh yeah, When I am stopped and start to got, my car really struggles to gain speed, but once I get going faster it's fine. Like yesterday when I started to go the car was shaking and barely gaing speed but then there was this sudden surge of power and my wheels peeled out and my car just took off. So if you could help me out, that would be great. Thanx!!!
Old 08-08-2001, 08:47 AM
Pusssseeeehhhh

I have that same problem after about 2 days of steady rain, very annoying but it goes away just as easily as it showed up
Old 08-08-2001, 10:14 AM

Originally posted by maxse91
I have that same problem after about 2 days of steady rain, very annoying but it goes away just as easily as it showed up
Double check the distributor cap. Might have a hairline crack that is enough to let moisture in. Happened to me on my first Max - 85 SE 5 speed.

For like $40 it's worth replacing.

92 SE 5 spd