3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Anyone know how to do this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2001, 01:05 PM

Hi. I have a MSD Blaster 2 coil and a MSD blaster ignition that I want to install on my 94 GXE. The installation booklet is too confusing and doesnt really help me. So if anyone knows how to do this or has experience, please let me know. Thanx!!!
Old 08-25-2001, 11:16 PM
MaximaSE91

i dont at all recommend using any ignition parts other than stock you will notice no gains and not only that it will effect how the eccs runs.

Old 08-26-2001, 10:06 PM
STFU n00b!

Not to be rude here, but what you need to do is to put the thing back in the box, wait till you have WAY more than just a CAI for power mods, then take the ignition to a shop and have a qualified technician install it.
VG engines will get NO benefit from an aftermarket ignition, until they're modded (head work, NOS/turbo, cams, exhaust) enough that the stock ignition system has become the only stock thing under the hood.
Old 08-26-2001, 10:17 PM

Well what do I need to get. I dont have any use what so ever for a NOS system. I plan on getting the Y-pipe soon. I just wanted to know if anyone knew how to install it, so that I wouldnt have to pay the extra money a shop. Which I will most likely have to do.
Old 08-26-2001, 10:23 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I got your email man....

I sent you a reply with some similar directions from the Jacobs unit, I'm more familiar with. but to tell you the truth, personally I'd let a pro install it, you don't wanna mess anything up...I'm not doubting your mechanical knowledge, but in the long run it'll be worth it, cause you'll be assured its been done RIGHT!
Old 08-26-2001, 10:25 PM

Re: I got your email man....

Well thank you for everything Da-max.
Old 08-26-2001, 10:31 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Re: I got your email man....

no prob man, and you should get some gain out of it nothing spectacular, but none the less you bought so now just put it on ...anyways two third gens around my area have the MSD SCI and Blaster SS coil units and one, a VG 5spd is running mid/high 15.7s(his other mods are Y-pipe, exhaust, udp, bored TB, intake), so I guess it helps out a little....

Originally posted by 94maximahurricane
Well thank you for everything Da-max.
Old 08-26-2001, 10:35 PM

Do you think that a normal service center will install this. I'm gonna call a shop tommorrow and see. Hopefully I can get in right away and have it done. Is it a quick job anyways?
Old 08-26-2001, 11:00 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Well.......

it seems its really got you confused, so I think best bets would be to take it to a import performance shop, since they proabably deal with these types of mods(especially MSD systems) on a regular basis....the install shouldn't cost you a lot, but that all depends on the shop you go to, but should be no more than .5-1hour unless there is some "extra" work involved!

as for install time it took me and my friend about 30 minutes to install and mount the Jacobs ICE Pak, but the Jacobs "EZ pak" ignitions are very easy and straight forward to install...as for installing the MSD units, I'm not sure, but why not just contact MSD directly, I'm sure they'll help you out and give you some expert advice! good luck man....

Originally posted by 94maximahurricane
Do you think that a normal service center will install this. I'm gonna call a shop tommorrow and see. Hopefully I can get in right away and have it done. Is it a quick job anyways?