3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

windows acting funny

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2001, 10:15 AM

Ok I made a post a few days ago about my window situation, and now I dont need a new regulator... all my windows roll up, just not all the time

Some of the time they will all operate normally... then some of the time my drivers side window wont roll up at all (but will roll down) and my other 3 windows roll up and down but just are in reverse to what button I press ( i.e. I hit up and the window rolls down and vice versa)

So anyway.. its gotta an electrical problem I took it to a Nissan dealer they told me the rail at the bottom of the regulator was worn or something and thats why it would roll up.. well lo and behold as I drive away ( the part wont come in until Monday) I roll my drivers side window up no probs smooth as the other windows....

Nissan was gonna charge $180 to fix the rail... I dont know what that means... wouldnt they have to put in a whole new regulator / motor assembly thing?

Ahh i am so ****ed. ANyway if anyone knows electronic crap or has some suggestions I would appreciate them!

I know this post isnt as exciting as talking about CAI, y pipes and such but this forum has got some knowledgable people and I need their help!

Thanks guys
Old 09-22-2001, 08:41 PM

unstable windows

I had a similiar problem with my 90SE. Driver side and rear driver-side were both extremely slow and sometimes wouldn't work at all. The rear eventually stopped going up, and also started coming down by itself. Since nobody ever sits back there, i just rigged it locked permanently. The driver side luckily didn't go that bad. I picked up some Silicon spray from pep boys and opened up the door panel. It was a bit of a pain, but once i got a clear shot, i sprayed every possible contact point. Now the thing fires perfectly, like it were new. This could be a $5 solution for you as well. I'm still too lazy to touch the rear window though. good luck.

Originally posted by adamlacey
Ok I made a post a few days ago about my window situation, and now I dont need a new regulator... all my windows roll up, just not all the time

Some of the time they will all operate normally... then some of the time my drivers side window wont roll up at all (but will roll down) and my other 3 windows roll up and down but just are in reverse to what button I press ( i.e. I hit up and the window rolls down and vice versa)

So anyway.. its gotta an electrical problem I took it to a Nissan dealer they told me the rail at the bottom of the regulator was worn or something and thats why it would roll up.. well lo and behold as I drive away ( the part wont come in until Monday) I roll my drivers side window up no probs smooth as the other windows....

Nissan was gonna charge $180 to fix the rail... I dont know what that means... wouldnt they have to put in a whole new regulator / motor assembly thing?

Ahh i am so ****ed. ANyway if anyone knows electronic crap or has some suggestions I would appreciate them!

I know this post isnt as exciting as talking about CAI, y pipes and such but this forum has got some knowledgable people and I need their help!

Thanks guys
Old 09-22-2001, 08:50 PM

I thought you meant Microsoft Windows....
Old 09-22-2001, 09:36 PM

blue screen of death....

Nahh, that's a whole nother story. Different message board.

Originally posted by medicsonic
Old 09-22-2001, 09:53 PM

Originally posted by medicsonic
LOL!!!!!!