3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Parting Out!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2001, 11:21 PM
masterplan89

Parting Out!!!!!!!

Hi fellas!

I got a 92se, baby blue, aluminum alloy wheels and in fair condition. My timing chain broke and I don;t want to put a new motor in it. The car booked at $5100 in excellent condition. I'll take $2500obo as is! This car ran like a champ before this happened. Just one of those thangs, **** happens. I don't have a scanner but I'll figure out a way to get a pic up soon. All offers considered. Please include name, location, and email. First pay first serve!

Old 09-24-2001, 02:09 PM

Will I have to change a new engine or can i just fix it up. Where are you locate? I interest
Old 09-24-2001, 09:24 PM
masterplan89

Originally posted by 89MaxGXEStock
Will I have to change a new engine or can i just fix it up. Where are you locate? I interest
Most of the info I used to diagnose this problem I got from this forum and a very good ASE certified mechanic over the telephone. So you see, the car hasn't actually been formally diagnosed as having a bad motor. I know a little about cars and even the mechanic says all the signs are pointing towards broken timing chain. But he also said it could be as simple as some part braking and getting stuck which could lock the motor. If the chain is broken and jammed could've locked the motor. All I know is this happened very sudden and was not expected. This car ran great before this. Just spent $300 on new waterpump, $250 on front hub bearing assembly(new),$150 on rt.cv joint, and a new radiator and thermostat. Hell, it might not even need a new motor. Look at the bright side, you're buying with the assumption it does which is worse case scenario. If it doesn't, then you just bought a very good car at a very good price. I'm in Houston, Tx. Where r u?

Old 09-25-2001, 09:30 AM

Originally posted by masterplan89

Most of the info I used to diagnose this problem I got from this forum and a very good ASE certified mechanic over the telephone. So you see, the car hasn't actually been formally diagnosed as having a bad motor. I know a little about cars and even the mechanic says all the signs are pointing towards broken timing chain. But he also said it could be as simple as some part braking and getting stuck which could lock the motor. If the chain is broken and jammed could've locked the motor. All I know is this happened very sudden and was not expected. This car ran great before this. Just spent $300 on new waterpump, $250 on front hub bearing assembly(new),$150 on rt.cv joint, and a new radiator and thermostat. Hell, it might not even need a new motor. Look at the bright side, you're buying with the assumption it does which is worse case scenario. If it doesn't, then you just bought a very good car at a very good price. I'm in Houston, Tx. Where r u?
I have a brother in houston I want to stop by and look at the car. Where is this car at? If you do not want to post the location here, please email me at home at dtt@netzero.net or PM me.
Old 09-25-2001, 05:03 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

So, R U partin' out, or just selling the whole car??
Old 09-27-2001, 02:38 PM
masterplan89

Whichever comes first

Originally posted by nubiannupe
So, R U partin' out, or just selling the whole car??
I'm considering all my options and I'll sell the whole car if someone wants it before I've begun selling parts. I can't wait too long though so if you want to see it, reply soon and we'll make arrangements. I'm going to start pullin parts soon as I have gotten a few request already that are on hold.

Old 09-27-2001, 02:55 PM

Re: Whichever comes first

Dude,

Where have you been? I wanted to look at the car a few days ago. I need to know exactly where it is so I can have my brother come by and look at it.

Originally posted by masterplan89

I'm considering all my options and I'll sell the whole car if someone wants it before I've begun selling parts. I can't wait too long though so if you want to see it, reply soon and we'll make arrangements. I'm going to start pullin parts soon as I have gotten a few request already that are on hold.
Old 10-02-2001, 12:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Whichever comes first

How much for your rear strut assemblies? Calipers and all attached hoses?
Old 10-02-2001, 01:13 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

rear light assembly (including center piece)..i'm ready when you are.
Old 10-02-2001, 02:55 PM

Whenever you get serious on parting stuff, I'm in for all sorts. Spoiler, fogs, gauges, etc. etc. etc...

m
Old 10-02-2001, 04:44 PM

i really really really need rims!!!!!!!! either stock or your nice ones. email me flyry110@hotmail.com!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2001, 05:30 PM
masterplan89

Bull****ting Around

Originally posted by flyry110
i really really really need rims!!!!!!!! either stock or your nice ones. email me flyry110@hotmail.com!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi guys! To all of you that have been asking me about the parts I want to apologize.

I had found a real good mechanic and decided to take one last stab at repairing my baby. I'm sorry to say that it's not looking good. He's had it now for almost a week and should be telling me something definite very soon. I needed to know exactly what went wrong for purposes of closure. It would've bugged for a long time had I not to the time to find out. Plus I got a couple of guys interested in purchasing the whole car as is and I wanted be able to give them a complete diagnosis.

Please you guys just bare with me and I'll take care of you. Once I have the info, it's full speed ahead. For you guys that wanted the whole car, you'll get a few days to stop by and look at the car and make a descision. After that it's carcass city. The most important thing you guys can do is leave me your email address,location, and an exact description of the parts you want. Being too vague will get you nowhere.

Thanks a lot you guys and I'm looking forward to hearing from quite a few of you!