3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

they make indiglows for us (incase you wanted some

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2001, 12:24 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

they make indiglows for us (incase you wanted some

they come in 145(se) and 125(gxe) i think this is for the se

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...896963&r=0&t=0
Old 09-28-2001, 01:59 PM

is this the first time they are selling this?

doesn't matter, i placed the bid... as of now, it's going for 69.99. made by initial k auto concepts. there are 2 bids going on for the SEs and 2 bids for GXEs, go check it out!
Old 09-28-2001, 02:03 PM

Re: is this the first time they are selling this?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by maxmonkey
doesn't matter, i placed the bid... as of now, it's going for 69.99. made by initial k auto concepts. there are 2 bids going on for the SEs and 2 bids for GXEs, go check it out! [/QUOT

Does anyone know who is selling these guauges? The auction end in an hour so some of us won't have the chance to bid on them.
Old 09-28-2001, 02:16 PM

Re: Re: is this the first time they are selling this?

In an hour?! One ends in a day and 6 hours and the other ends in 3 days... plenty of time dude
Old 09-28-2001, 10:19 PM

those gauges look ghetto. they don't even look like the stock ones. the only way i would get indiglos is if they have the same font, and look exactly like the stock one, just indiglo style...
Old 09-28-2001, 10:30 PM

Originally posted by Bucktown
those gauges look ghetto. they don't even look like the stock ones. the only way i would get indiglos is if they have the same font, and look exactly like the stock one, just indiglo style...
um, they look exactly like the stock ones.. well, at least the 125mph ones do. i bidded on the 125mph ones cuz i got a gxe
Old 09-29-2001, 12:09 AM

Yeah man, the GXE ones don't look right. I wouldnt get them if they dont look the same if not better than stock. The SE ones look like stock but the GXE ones dont. I like the font on the 4th gen indiglos. Besides, I think I want to wait for Reverse indiglo.
Old 09-29-2001, 11:44 AM

for some reason they look like the stock ones now. i think i need i was trippin when i first looked at them.
Old 09-29-2001, 05:26 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Boy those look pretty good to me. I'm not a fan of the green but blue sure would look good at night. How come this is only being sold on e-bay? Is this a totally custom one-off item? I'd like to get it, I guess whoever didnt win the bid is just screwed?

Also, the only guages I saw were for the VE SE
Old 09-29-2001, 07:52 PM

Originally posted by James92SE
Boy those look pretty good to me. I'm not a fan of the green but blue sure would look good at night. How come this is only being sold on e-bay? Is this a totally custom one-off item? I'd like to get it, I guess whoever didnt win the bid is just screwed?

Also, the only guages I saw were for the VE SE
the guy's probably got more.. for the 125 mph ones, it was a dutch auction, there were 5 available.

here's the link for the ones i just won
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=595897013
Old 09-29-2001, 09:10 PM

You won the bid on the gxe gauge? I won that bid too. There's another dude that won it, only 3 bidded for the 5 dutch. oh well, there's another bid going on for the gxe gauge that'll end in a day or two. good luck guys... there's plenty to go around
Old 09-29-2001, 10:05 PM

for some reason they look like the stock ones now. i think i need i was trippin when i first looked at them.
You right man, I just realized that they looked funny to me because they are using the font from the GXEs. The VG SE's have a different font. Plus, there is a little square hole on the Gas/Temp gauge for the O/D light that I dont have becuase I have a SE 5speed. I would get these indiglos if they came in the same style as the VG SE
Old 09-30-2001, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by DaBoxGTI

You right man, I just realized that they looked funny to me because they are using the font from the GXEs. The VG SE's have a different font. Plus, there is a little square hole on the Gas/Temp gauge for the O/D light that I dont have becuase I have a SE 5speed. I would get these indiglos if they came in the same style as the VG SE
that's what i was talking about before. i wouldn't want the gxe font for the indiglos, only the vg se font. that must have been the pics i saw the first tim
Old 09-30-2001, 01:13 PM

that's what i was talking about before. i wouldn't want the gxe font for the indiglos, only the vg se font. that must have been the pics i saw the first tim
Hey, I saw that auction too, awhile ago... i wasn't sure if i should've bid or not... but when you guys get it, let me know how they are....
One question, whats the difference between these indiglo's and the reverse indiglo's?
-Peace
Old 09-30-2001, 01:50 PM

everything looks exact

the fonts and the positions of the letters on the 125mph indiglo gauge matches the the gxe right on. I went back and forth between my pc and my car several times to check. Now i'm just waiting for my indiglos... all the marks on the gauge is correct, now i'm just waiting to see the quality of the indiglo. I'll keep you guys posted and hopefully i'll have pictures of the product fully installed by the end of this week.
I trust initial k, the quality of their indiglos for the 4th gen isn't so bad at all
Old 09-30-2001, 04:57 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

re:

Originally posted by MaxSE

Hey, I saw that auction too, awhile ago... i wasn't sure if i should've bid or not... but when you guys get it, let me know how they are....
One question, whats the difference between these indiglo's and the reverse indiglo's?
-Peace

reverse ind..= instead of the whole gauge lighting around the letters/numbers the letters and numbers and dashes light up ( youd be better off with se guages) but they arent as tacky as normal indiglows but youll be waiting a bit because when i called up the company to get an account with them for my store they said they werent producing reverse ones yet.
Old 09-30-2001, 08:45 PM

Re: re:

Originally posted by N34JZ

reverse ind..= instead of the whole gauge lighting around the letters/numbers the letters and numbers and dashes light up ( youd be better off with se guages) but they arent as tacky as normal indiglows but youll be waiting a bit because when i called up the company to get an account with them for my store they said they werent producing reverse ones yet.
Oohhh i see.. thanx alot, and maxmonkey, when you get them, you mind posting pictures? and if anyone at all has an SE and gets indiglo's on them... let me know how they are... THANX ALOT!
:redburn
Old 09-30-2001, 09:11 PM

I finally got to see what the reverse looks like.. those would look really really nice with like blue indiglo needles or something... so i might just wait for the reverse.. but how long is awhile? can you fill me in? and what kinda products do you have at ur store?
Old 09-30-2001, 09:20 PM

Re: they make indiglows for us (incase you wanted some

The reverse indiglows are a lot tighter. But just like these ones they are for the maimas with the 145 speedometer and not the 125. The other thing is that they cost like $190.00
Old 09-30-2001, 09:23 PM

maxmonkey: let us know if your gauges whine when you install them. indiglo acessories have had a bad rep of high pitched whining when they are used.
Old 09-30-2001, 09:45 PM

They are multi-colored gauges so thats another thing I like about them over the blue and green indiglows
Old 09-30-2001, 09:49 PM

Re: Re: re:

Originally posted by TB-MaxSE-89

They are multi-colored gauges so thats another thing I like about them over the blue and green indiglows
the reverse indiglos remind me of the maximas /w digital dashes
Old 09-30-2001, 09:53 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Hey, Jon! Remember back last year or so when U were trying 2 get that GD together for some indiglo's?? Are these the same guys U were dealing with? Just curious, I guess.
Old 09-30-2001, 09:54 PM

Originally posted by nubiannupe
Hey, Jon! Remember back last year or so when U were trying 2 get that GD together for some indiglo's?? Are these the same guys U were dealing with? Just curious, I guess.
yo! this is NOT the same guy, I don't know the quality of the Inital K products I do know they've had some recalls in the past. I believe Cheston works closely with Inital K to develop products.

Old 09-30-2001, 09:58 PM

Re: Re: they make indiglows for us (incase you wanted some

The reverse indiglows are a lot tighter. But just like these ones they are for the maimas with the 145 speedometer and not the 125. The other thing is that they cost like $190.00
TB-MaxSE-89, well i got the 145 speedometer, but are they released? or are you assuming that it will run about $190.00? If you know who has it, let me know... thanx

Old 10-01-2001, 03:19 PM

Originally posted by ngthing
maxmonkey: let us know if your gauges whine when you install them. indiglo acessories have had a bad rep of high pitched whining when they are used.
i hope mine won't do that...

but if they do, i'll just turn up the radio
Old 10-01-2001, 06:30 PM

My Buddy got some kinda like these for his MX6. They look Awesome day and night. So BRIGHT, and work with the dimmer as well. nice gauges.

m
Old 10-02-2001, 06:56 PM

Re: Re: Re: they make indiglows for us (incase you wanted some

This is a pic of what they kind of look like. I went to the performance shop that told me they sold them and he said that they are $90.00 and takes about a week to get them.

check this out...
http://www.insanemotorsports.com/Ima...-rhacc98v6.jpg
Old 10-02-2001, 08:40 PM

Indiglo Gauges GD is on! Here are pics, prices...etc.

Okay, The deal is all set. Basically, the more people we get, the cheaper they are. Here are some links to pics. (These are on Ebay, but we're buying straight from the dealer. I am using the ebay links so you can see pics and read about them as well. Remember, we're buying straight from the dealer.

4th Gen: (I know they SE and GXE, but not both in the pic)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...205777&r=0&t=0

3rd Gen SE:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...896963&r=0&t=0

3rd Gen GXE:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...897013&r=0&t=0

Here is the price breakdown:
1 - 10 sets : $62.00 shipped
11 - 20 sets : $60.00 shipped
21 - 30 sets : $55.00 shipped

That's way lower than they're going for on ebay.

HERE IS THE PAYMENT DEAL: I'm not sure if all GD's work this way, but one person has to collect all the money and send it in, but the dealer will ship directly to you. So, if I collect the money and send it in, they will then ship the gauges straight to you.

Have a look and email me if you interested.
matt@bizniche.com

I'm in, so that's 1.

Thx,
newmaxguy
Old 10-02-2001, 08:47 PM

Hey, I've got a group deal going on those EXACT gauges. Check it out.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=68501

more is better.

Matt
Old 10-02-2001, 09:08 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: they make indiglows for us (incase you wanted some

This is a pic of what they kind of look like. I went to the performance shop that told me they sold them and he said that they are $90.00 and takes about a week to get them.

check this out...
http://www.insanemotorsports.com/Ima...-rhacc98v6.jpg

Well... can you get that performance shop to show actual pic for a nissan maxima SE? Thanx for helping me out man! i appreciate it!!

90.00 dollars doesn't seem too bad? what do you think?

Old 10-02-2001, 09:21 PM

yo man, i don't know about you guys, but i rather pay 10 more bucks and get them now. Even if you get 25+ ppl, you only get to save wut, 10, 15 bucks? And the hassel of keeping track who's buying and stuff and wait for every1 to send in the money and then the distribution. In my opinion, a group buy on something this small isn't worth the hassel (comparing to $500+ body kits or $240+ y pipes).
Or mayb i'm just a kid, don't got a real job and don't know the value of 10, 15 bucks yet. But that's how i see it right now.
Old 10-02-2001, 10:58 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: they make indiglows for us (incase you wanted some

Ill see what I can do he wont be back untill friday...and that is a good price for them. They used to cost like $120.00 and that was just for normal indiglo ones.
Old 10-03-2001, 12:51 AM

dammit! they need to make indiglo gauges for the vg se. i hate that gxe font, kinda gay..for gxe guys
Old 10-04-2001, 05:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: they make indiglows for us (incase you wanted some

Ill see what I can do he wont be back untill friday...and that is a good price for them. They used to cost like $120.00 and that was just for normal indiglo ones.
Hey TB,
Well tomorrow is friday, i hope sometime this weekend you can let me know whast going on with the reverse gauges....
get me some pics and info on it....
Thanx again.. i appreciate it!!

Old 10-04-2001, 08:30 PM

dammit! they need to make indiglo gauges for the vg se. i hate that gxe font, kinda gay..for gxe guys
okay, for some reason i can't edit my message. i meant to say sorry gxe guys, not for gxe guys.
Old 10-05-2001, 12:46 AM
Cronic Maxima Driver

Does anyone know if they are going to make the 125MPH guages in the SE font for the 89-91 SE's. I have never like the font of the GXE's guages.
Old 10-05-2001, 01:29 AM

the reverse indiglos with the center glowing is ugly.
Old 10-05-2001, 05:14 AM

I want the Reverse indiglos for mine, i hope they have them available soon. Anyone know when they are planning on making them?
Old 10-05-2001, 08:29 AM

Originally posted by ngthing
the reverse indiglos with the center glowing is ugly.
Have you seen the reverse indiglo's for the 3rd gen max? or do you mean just in general? Hey TB-Max-SE, any update from that shop you were telling me about? Well I like the reverse indiglo's b/c it would turn black at night.. and with a blue or red indiglo needle that might work well together... then again it all depends on what color the reverse indiglo lights up (e.g numbers, and marks)

Quick Reply: they make indiglows for us (incase you wanted some