3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

where have you guys mounted aftermarket gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2001, 04:43 AM

where have you guys mounted aftermarket gauges?

I've already got 3 on my a-pillar...I've got a 4th gauge coming...voltmeter. What other places have you guys mounted your gauges?
Old 10-01-2001, 08:43 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: where have you guys mounted aftermarket gauges?

Originally posted by ngthing
I've already got 3 on my a-pillar...I've got a 4th gauge coming...voltmeter. What other places have you guys mounted your gauges?
what 3 gauges are u running currently?
if you want to get fancy then get the pod that houses the 3 gauges in the DIN space under the single DIN radio.
Old 10-01-2001, 09:15 AM

Re: Re: where have you guys mounted aftermarket gauges?

Originally posted by DanNY

what 3 gauges are u running currently?
if you want to get fancy then get the pod that houses the 3 gauges in the DIN space under the single DIN radio.
nitrous pressure, fuel pressure, a/f, voltmeter. i have both din slots filled already
Old 10-01-2001, 10:05 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: where have you guys mounted aftermarket gauges?

get two gauge cups and mount it like this--->

thats my plan. anyways I just mounted my A/F and Transtemp on my a-pillar the other day. NGthing, which wire did you tap for the A/F gauge?? and why you have a nitrous gauge, you hiding something from us, or is that a future addition??

Old 10-01-2001, 04:44 PM

Re: Re: where have you guys mounted aftermarket gauges?

hmm...will thosefit our dashes? I'm going to have HELLA gauges..lol. it scares me.

I'm thinking I may fit two dual gauge pods onthe pillar...but that may be too much for me to handle at once.

I have a nitrous pressure gauge cus I have nitrous nobody seems to want to buy it...so I think I may end up installing it
Old 10-01-2001, 04:50 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Re: Re: where have you guys mounted aftermarket gauges?

nope they only make it for Civics and Eclipses...of course but just buy two $10 2-1/16" gauge cups from Jegs and stick 'em in there, theres plenty of room! and don't put all those on the A-pillar, it'll look incredibly corny with 5 gauges on there!

I'm thinking I may fit two dual gauge pods onthe pillar...but that may be too much for me to handle at once.
Old 10-01-2001, 04:55 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: where have you guys mounted aftermarket gauges?

Originally posted by DA-MAX
nope they only make it for Civics and Eclipses...of course but just buy two $10 2-1/16" gauge cups from Jegs and stick 'em in there, theres plenty of room! and don't put all those on the A-pillar, it'll look incredibly corny with 5 gauges on there!
hmmm lll look into it. do you think 4 gauges will look bad? on a pillar
Old 10-01-2001, 08:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

4 would probably be a little too much. There is one guy on here who has got 3 mounted on the lower DIN panel I think. It looks pretty clean, especially at night.
Old 10-02-2001, 12:33 PM

i'd say make some room in the glove compartment and put them there

Alex

90se5pd, crazy system, custom painted interior, 17in rims on the way, bmw headlight conversion, STFB
Old 10-02-2001, 12:41 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by spyhunter
i'd say make some room in the glove compartment and put them there

Alex

90se5pd, crazy system, custom painted interior, 17in rims on the way, bmw headlight conversion, STFB
kinda far wouldn't u think?
Old 10-02-2001, 10:15 PM
Tom

locations

If you put 4 gauges on the pillar, it would be very tiring to focus and refocus your eyes constantly between each of the gauges and the road (and the dash for that matter) as they would be a different distances relative to your viewpoint.

Do you use your ashtray? One idea is to go to the junkyard, get a spare Maxima ashtray (they're cheap), drill the appropriate hole and make it into a gauge mount. If you don't like it, well, just put your original ashtray back, simple as that. Only down side is that you can probably only fit one, maybe two gauges.

Another idea is to get another center dash bezel from the junkyard and gut out the change holder and the automatic transmission mode selector. Put a plate over it, and you might be able to squeeze 3 gauges. You will have to relocate the automatic trans switch, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

Last, but not least, you can make yourself a small pod to house your gauges (like on the 1st gen Toyota 4-Runner SR-5) and put that on the center of the dash. If you route the wires through the defroster vents and use double sided tape,, you shouldn't have to mess up your dash.

Think about it...
Old 10-02-2001, 11:24 PM

I use a 4th gen dual pillar mount for my boost and fuel press. However, I think that I want to hide all my gauges in the glove or some other place, or not have gauges at all.... Actually what I would love to do is to get a Z32 TT boost gauge, paint it white, and cut my stock tach to have the gauge ala 300ZX so it looks OEM. most of the time the only gauge I look at is the boost gauge. The FP gauge is just nice right now for racing(when I adjust my FP) and for some tuning. If I got my car running the way I want it to, iw ould have no need to look at FP, or even boost really. The only purpose they serve is for tuning.

BTW I am only supposed to be hitting 5.5 psi.....a couple days ago there was some cool air, and I hit 7 psi???? I think my wastegate is too small and allowing boost creep.... boost creep = BAD!!!!