3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Y pipe update

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2000, 09:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just a note to address a few questions. Today we installed our VE pipe on a VG engine. We wanted to make sure it would bolt up the same to the exhaust manifolds. It did fit but there was one area that looked a little close. We will install the VE pipe on a VG car tomorrow so we can make our second jig for the VG pipe. It will be a slightly different than the VE due to that clearance area, as well we want to make sure the clearances back to the tunnel area will work with our VG version as good as the VE. We should have the VG jig done thursday, the VE jig was done Monday.

So in essence, we feel there is enough of a difference between the VG and VE pipes to warrant making 2 versions of the Y pipe to avoid the clearance issues others have had with their pipe.
We know taking the time to do the job right the first time will pay off for everyone and we appreciate your patience.

Having said that we will be posting some "combo group pricing" later tonight. There will be a price for #1.the entire system we offer (Y pipe, Cat, Mid pipe and muffler w/tips) in either stainless or aluminized steel #2. Y pipe with Cat and mid pipe in either stainless or aluminized #3. Y pipe and Cat in either stainless or aluminized steel

Anyway, new scanner scanning hp and torque charts right now. Hope to have all posted in the next hour or so.

We will add a link to our terms and policies page sometime tomorrow which will have even more helpful information.

I have to call Dan and remind him that there are just three studs in each flange, he just installed a pipe today. So much for a college education. If he were not my brother I'd........

Anyway, we were wondering how hard it is to get the inboard exhaust manifold off the car. The outboard looks fairly easy. Your thoughts appreciated.

Dallas
Old 11-01-2000, 09:51 AM

Sounds like we are almost ready for a 3 pipe comparison test..... Where is consumer reports when you need them?

Good luck!