3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Window and Climate Control problems.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 04:57 AM

Window and Climate Control problems.

Good day to all of you,

Well my problems are electrical of nature which, for me, is something that I don't really feel confortable to begin with. Anyhow, here are my problems.

Windows:
Last night, I was driving and it was heavily rainining out. Although, I am pretty sure my problem is not wheather related, my windows started to act in a very strange way. Without even touching the windows' control, the back windows were going up, and down ! So when I noticed that, I wanted to put them up. Now, when I pushed the up button for the back windows, the front windows went down! When I pushed the back window's up button, the back left window went down and so on. It did not have any pattern at all, I mean all of the up/down actions were random. After playing around with the controls for a while I managed to bring all of the windows up and left them alone for the rest of the night. This morning, on my way to work, the same thing happened.
I know it have to do with the window control module, but has anyone ever experienced such a situation? And what have you done to fix it?

Climate control:
On cold mornings, my climate control screen does not work. Everything works when I push the buttons but I need to wait until the car is warmer in order to see all of what it should display on its screen. Sometimes, I knock on it a little and the screen is back to normal. I sure don't wanna do this everytime and I am pretty sure that little trick will not work when it is winter time and much much colder outside. Can someone help me out on this one also?

Thanks guys,

Matt
Old 10-20-2007, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by MAXIMUS G EKSUS
Good day to all of you,

Well my problems are electrical of nature which, for me, is something that I don't really feel confortable to begin with. Anyhow, here are my problems.

Windows:
Last night, I was driving and it was heavily rainining out. Although, I am pretty sure my problem is not wheather related, my windows started to act in a very strange way. Without even touching the windows' control, the back windows were going up, and down ! So when I noticed that, I wanted to put them up. Now, when I pushed the up button for the back windows, the front windows went down! When I pushed the back window's up button, the back left window went down and so on. It did not have any pattern at all, I mean all of the up/down actions were random. After playing around with the controls for a while I managed to bring all of the windows up and left them alone for the rest of the night. This morning, on my way to work, the same thing happened.
I know it have to do with the window control module, but has anyone ever experienced such a situation? And what have you done to fix it?

Climate control:
On cold mornings, my climate control screen does not work. Everything works when I push the buttons but I need to wait until the car is warmer in order to see all of what it should display on its screen. Sometimes, I knock on it a little and the screen is back to normal. I sure don't wanna do this everytime and I am pretty sure that little trick will not work when it is winter time and much much colder outside. Can someone help me out on this one also?

Thanks guys,

Matt

There is a ghost living in your car..

If not, replace master window switch, retouch old solder in CC.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:59 AM

I would say change the master control switch would run like $10-$15 in the junk yard and the Climate control thing i kinda got the same problem..

I have a manual climate control and the backlight doesnt work when i hit it its starts to work and also the lil lights that let you know what position you want the air to blow dont work also only when i hit it couple of times. I mean it sounds like the same problem i had with unlock and lock button where i had to take the thing out on the bottom of my steering wheel. Is there a such a thing for the MCC???? Plz Help
Old 10-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I recently switched my stock intake with an aftermarket and now my seatbelts and locks and windows dont work! Its a 1990 vg (?) non turbo blah blah blah.... I need help. I checked the fuses and nothings wrong so now i dont know what to do.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:09 AM
mod or sell?

did you check the fusible links?