3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Big break for the Max

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 02:38 AM

Big break for the Max

Hey my car needs a big break kit, someone tell me if these ebay parts will work. Teh hole kit iz like $20, I waz also thinking about getting the performance boosting chip for $.99 which adds 25hp instantly!!
Old 11-03-2007, 02:39 AM

Just kidding

I went to a casting call a little over a month ago for this Jennifer Aniston flick being filmed here. There was a form that we filled out with a field for what make, model and color of car you own. I proudly filled in the space. Out of the blue this morning, I wake up to a call from the company saying there was an extra who canceled at the last minute and asked if I wanted to fill in and if I could bring my car, I agreed.

Anyway, I got there and signed in. They gave me a couple shirts that I would never consider wearing in real life and told me to change into one of them. Then later I would have to change into the other for a different scene. After doing that, they threw me in a room with the other 20 or so extras which is where we spent most of about 12 or 13 hours.

In the first scene, they had me and a blonde girl walk past in the background while they shot the scene from inside a restaraunt, not sure I will show up in the final cut or not. If so, I will be in the distance and out of focus.

The second scene they basically took all the extras and sat us down in the restaraunt while they were figuring out lighting, and how they would do the shot. Everyone thought they would be in the scene, but they decided on using mostly the older people and the rest went back to the holding room including myself. Eventually one of the crew guys came back in and started asking about cars. He asked who had quiet cars. I said "I've got a quiet Maxima" he asked what color, after saying "pearl" he said "come with me".

Sounds good huh? Well, after being instructed on where to drive and what to do, we did a test run. CH0 is about the darkest pearl out there, but they ended up deciding it was too bright and told me to park it. They did the same thing with the other car (silver Honda Odyssey) that was supposed to be heading the opposite direction as mine.

Anyway, I was stoked thinking my car would be in the scene, but oh well. At least there's hope i'll be in the daytime scene even if it's from a distance. It was a good time though. I met some cool people, they had a catered 6:00 PM "lunch" which was surprisingly good and then brought in boxes of Burger King at around 11:00 PM. I talked a little bit with Steve Zahn, but I never saw Jennifer Aniston I easilly could have, I would have been in the restarant within 10 feet of her. It was a good experience though, plus I get paid an unknown amount. I won't lie though, I wanted my car to be in the scene, who here wouldn't?

The movie is called "Management" if anyone is interested..
Old 11-03-2007, 06:39 AM

good to see you gettin in the movie biz, its a small world.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Movies with Maximas FTW!
Old 11-03-2007, 09:00 AM

I just found out about a movie called "consequence" made in 2003. It seems to have some action shots of a third gen, flying through the air and going up stairs etc. I ordered a copy from Amazon for .99, the reviews say it absolutely sucks. Can't wait to watch it!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by nismax1994
I just found out about a movie called "consequence" made in 2003. It seems to have some action shots of a third gen, flying through the air and going up stairs etc. I ordered a copy from Amazon for .99, the reviews say it absolutely sucks. Can't wait to watch it!
haha, if it's got a 3rd gen it's automatically a 5star movie

but my dad watches 1-star movies on purpose. he loves them.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by nismax1994
Haha fresh. I'll have to check that out, or if you're nice enough, rip that scene from the DVD and throw it on youtube or something
Old 11-04-2007, 12:48 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

That's pretty neat! When I worked in property management one of my residents was a regular extra for Prison Break (which films in Dallas). He made it into probably 10 or 15 episodes and got paid surprisingly well for only being in maybe 10 second clips. Dude moved to Hollywood thinking he was gonna make it big though
Old 11-05-2007, 01:50 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Dude, thats awesome... did you just go and sign up randomly or are you persuing that as a career? This thread for some reason is starting to remind me of that 3rd gen in "The Transporter 2" where its backing up in the garage and gets rammed the crap out of it
Old 11-05-2007, 06:15 AM
Way out West

I have seen on the news where Jennifer Aniston is in town, but her "keepers" won't let her be photographed.

Sounds interesting. Too bad they won't work harder to put the Maxima in the movie. Did you fix the crunched doors?
Old 11-05-2007, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Hectic
Haha fresh. I'll have to check that out, or if you're nice enough, rip that scene from the DVD and throw it on youtube or something
Unfortunately my harddrive died so I'm on a 3gig spare. Plus i had to get eval versions of DVD software. But i will say the Maximas look very menacing because they are the bad guys all blacked out. Whats really cool is the film is low budget enought that the actual sound of the Maxima is played, that VG humming sound is soooo pleasnat!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:33 PM
I can has?

I'm buying it tomorrow. I'll rip the scene/scenes when it arrives.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by James92SE
That's pretty neat! When I worked in property management one of my residents was a regular extra for Prison Break (which films in Dallas). He made it into probably 10 or 15 episodes and got paid surprisingly well for only being in maybe 10 second clips. Dude moved to Hollywood thinking he was gonna make it big though
Well, I haven't been paid yet, but I have the copy of the voucher for 13.5 hours @ a base rate of $62.42. Unfortunately, I think it means $62 for the first 8 hours, and time and a half for the rest. I'm not worried about the compensation, i'd have done it for free

John: I actually have thought of looking for some more opportunities.. My expectations are realistic though. I think the reason they called me was more for my car than it was to have me as an extra. But who knows, the casting company put everyone in their database for future movies. Took headshots and junk.

@ Chris: They are shooting in Madras right now as a matter of fact. Maybe she's embarassed of the wig she is wearing for the movie. More likely she's probably just sick of being hounded everywhere she goes. There was some creepy old fat guy with a nice digicam and telephoto lense trying to get some shots of her on the day I was an extra, and they did get him out of there. Nope I haven't fixed the doors, but the angle would have been from the right hand side, damage would not have been visible

Shims: Please do that, movie sounds interesting...

Last edited by Hectic; 11-07-2007 at 01:37 AM.