3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

why 17 year olds are immature and cant appreciate a 3rd gen

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 06:14 PM

why 17 year olds are immature and cant appreciate a 3rd gen

so i sold my maxima bout a year ago and these is the pics i get of it..

Old 05-29-2008, 06:16 PM

more brutal damage. all windows on pass side were busted out, rear window f'ed up.

i put a lot of work into and hated to see it go and hated even more seeing this happen to it.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

that's not the same one in your sig is it? you have had 2+ right?
Old 05-29-2008, 06:25 PM

thats was my one and only 3rd gen.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:26 PM

That really really sucks man....I've always told myself that if ever I had to sell my car for some reason....It would HAVE to go to either one of the following:

1. Someone I know I'd never ever see again (car included)
2. Someone who I know will love, cherish, and care for it as I do.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Would be lost w/out the org

damn... if that's the same car as in your sig then that is a sad story. I don't get how you came across those pics. Did they send them to you just to make you feel bad? Why are 3 windows broken? It looks like the interior has been exposed to the elements for quite some time already.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

i'm impressed you stick around on the forum when you don't have a 3rd gen anymore. do you have another maxima now?
Old 05-29-2008, 07:27 PM

story behind me having pics is that a guy on ohionissans somehow PM'd me and said that he had my old car in his moms driveway. her neighbor bought it for her son. The son i guess pissed off someone and they came and made a statement on the maxima. The kid and his mom moved to texas and now the ohionissan member has it and is selling it.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:42 PM

well.. We all know it looked like sex and was in inspiration at a time. Too bad...
Old 05-29-2008, 08:12 PM

not all 17/18 yr old are that way. my car looks really well ( not a 3rd gen tho) and i baby it all the time.(never go above 2.5k rpms!). butr thats a damn shame that a car that used to look like a brand new car ended up like that.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:33 PM

I have to argue that statement as well. I was 16 when I had my grampy's 92 GXE. Loved that car to death, washed and waxed it everyday and protected it with my life.
I do, however, feel your pain with that car. Sad times there...dad sold grampy's GXE to a 40 year old broad who might not take car of it (that was the year that I graduated. Never did see her roll over to 100K. It was 99,835 miles. I was a little pissed as I got it with 74,625). Every now and then I look in the junk yard for it. It is not there so I hope and pray that she is doing well some days.

Being sold in Ohio you say? Where is that? I might be able to do a recovery mission.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:08 PM
I can has?

That's really a shame, I don't think I could handle seeing my car like that... I believe I'd be strict on who I was selling to though.

Your car and Torres' car were my inspiration for basically everything, a lot of hard work, money, creativity, and pride went into your car and it's been appreciated and passed around through different ways, just because some punk *** 17 year old doesn't appreciate it, doesn't mean you, or your car go unnoticed.

****ty to see those pics but, hey... Always the option to buy it back
Old 05-29-2008, 10:15 PM

I'd still roll it, just needs a couple peices of glass. Could be a lot worse, at least they didn't thrash it and put the video up on youtube or something.

Last edited by Hectic; 05-29-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:36 AM
STFU n00b!

I'm not sure that's exactly the kid's fault. yeah it was his car and yeah, he pissed off the wrong person, but he didn't directly do it.

only real change I see externally was the wheels, and they're still somewhat tasteful. otherwise it looks to be basically unmolested other than a bunch of broken windows and a poor high skool kid that can't afford $500 for glass and probably doesn't have the skillz to replace it himself w/ junkyard parts.

Still a shame seeing a nice car go down like that, but chalk it up to bad people, not just one immature kid...
Old 05-30-2008, 04:44 AM

yeah it was a little bold to blame it all on that kid. maybe the kid was good to the car, but he sure wasnt good to a couple other kids, thats for sure.

i had fun with it, but ive moved on. thanks to everyone who may have said that my work inspired them, that feels good.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:30 AM
mod or sell?

If you buy it back, I'll donate you four door windows for it. (even though you only need 2)
Old 05-30-2008, 08:34 AM

That back window won't be much fun to do though. Lots of little bits of glass that have to removed, judging by the picture.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What's with the steering wheel missing its center piece?
Old 05-30-2008, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by dineth00i30
not all 17/18 yr old are that way. my car looks really well ( not a 3rd gen tho) and i baby it all the time.(never go above 2.5k rpms!). butr thats a damn shame that a car that used to look like a brand new car ended up like that.
2.5k rpms?

hell i keep my max from going above 2k rpms if at all possible!

Much to the dismay and annoyance of everyone else on the road... who have the potentially brain splattering habit of going at least 15 miles above the limit at all times, passing me up at 20 mph faster then I'm going to zoom to a red light not more then 600 feet away, and honking habitually at my slow acceleration while they floor it and flip me the bird.

Lol, people are smart.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Maus
2.5k rpms?

hell i keep my max from going above 2k rpms if at all possible!

Much to the dismay and annoyance of everyone else on the road... who have the potentially brain splattering habit of going at least 15 miles above the limit at all times, passing me up at 20 mph faster then I'm going to zoom to a red light not more then 600 feet away, and honking habitually at my slow acceleration while they floor it and flip me the bird.

Lol, people are smart.
I have NO problem with slow people in the RIGHT lane, but people who want to cruise slow in the LEFT lane drive me k-nuts.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:13 PM

not all 17 year olds disrespect 3rd gens...i got my 3rd gen when i was 17, and i absolutely love the car, i've put so much money in it to get it like i want it...and no matter what happens i intend to keep it, and keep it lookin good as best i can...and i def cruise in my max like 75% of the time lol. i've done so much random crap to my car it's almost crazy...crank angle sensor, suspension work, tune up regularly, sound system upgrades, interior cleanin...i've searched high and low for a clock, and i've finally got my A/C panel to light up correctly....next i plan to get my seats redone in leather lol...for a 93 max, i try to treat her like she's a 09 lol
Old 05-30-2008, 05:24 PM

i was young and stupid and when i first got my 3rd gen i took care of her but swore that i can keep up with anything that came my way. boy what the hell was i thinking? anyways i learned my lesson real good and at a young age and am now concerned on my safety and those with me and around me. here are some pics from when i first got my 3rd gen and then the after:

Dec. 25, 1999:

June 6, 2001:

and sometime after in 2002:

and now the present time:
Old 05-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by GRNMAXDMON
i was young and stupid and when i first got my 3rd gen i took care of her but swore that i can keep up with anything that came my way. boy what the hell was i thinking? anyways i learned my lesson real good and at a young age and am now concerned on my safety and those with me and around me. here are some pics from when i first got my 3rd gen and then the after:

Dec. 25, 1999:

June 6, 2001:

and sometime after in 2002:

and now the present time:
is it just me or have you had all 4 grille styles on your car (whether same physical grille, just painted)?
Old 05-30-2008, 06:32 PM

actually just 2. the first one the guys that sold me the car didn't know what grille the car came with so they just installed the '89-'91 grille and then after the wreck the bodyshop installed the correct one and then i just modified it on my own. so yeah you can say 3 different styles but not 4.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

actually just 2. the first one the guys that sold me the car didn't know what grille the car came with so they just installed the '89-'91 grille and then after the wreck the bodyshop installed the correct one and then i just modified it on my own. so yeah you can say 3 different styles but not 4.
it looked bodycolor in the 1999 pic and chrome in the crash pic.. or is that glare?
Old 05-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

on-topic, i do not believe 1x year old kids (usually) know how to appreciate things. there is a reason insurance is higher on teens, not just because of inexperience, but because most do not comprehend the rule of taking care of something to make it last.(case in point, a recent thread about some $#!$#@ing $#@@ $@$$@$#@ kids and a video of their ability(or lack of) to take care of something...)
Old 05-30-2008, 07:10 PM

i dont wanna sound like im stereotyping all 17 year olds, but just wanted to make a point that kids in general don't respect everything they touch.

fyi, i was once 17, respected the audi 5000 i got, did a lot and i mean a lot to make that thing nice, from power windows(all 4 didnt work), to a radio, new antenna for radio, to fixing an altenator, to fixing a power steering fluid leak. i know what it means to respect stuff.

damn i sound old...
Old 05-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TLMNICK
That really really sucks man....I've always told myself that if ever I had to sell my car for some reason....It would HAVE to go to either one of the following:

1. Someone I know I'd never ever see again (car included)
2. Someone who I know will love, cherish, and care for it as I do.
I try to just drive them tell they drop and rebuild them of sell to a the junkyard. It has worked out so far. I sold my old crx about 7 years ago and the kidiot I sold it to trashed it withe in a month. I almost cried when I saw it, its hard to see someone trash a car that got when it was brand new back in 1991 destroy it in a mater of a month.

Last edited by Maxteca; 05-30-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by capedcadaver
it looked bodycolor in the 1999 pic and chrome in the crash pic.. or is that glare?
same grille just glare in the '99 pic.

back on topic: it does suck that happened to your old 3rd gen tripleg. young teenagers take advantage of things that were given to them and not know the how to take care of them. there are few out there that do care cuz its the only thing they got that will take them from point A to point B. but others could care less. they think it will always come easy to them if they trash one car and get another the next day but not see the struggle the parents have to go through to make their teenager happy. i have a younger sister who is now 19 and drives around in a decent '94 Sentra 4dr 5spd limited edition. this girl as tried numerous times to trash the poor car by not telling me or my dad that there is something wrong with it just so she can get my parents to buy her a new infinity Q45. not even the Q35! i found the problem which was just an oil leak coming from the front timing chain cover and went to Nissan and bought all the parts, spent a whole weekend and fixed it and now its leak free and shes upset that i fixed it cuz she wanted that thing to just blow the motor. the car is fine with cold a/c and it pisses me off that my sister would do such a thing like that. oh well, she will learn how hard it is to get something they really want and the struggle they have to go through. now she wants a Mercedes just cuz i got a BMW now. WHAT THE HELL!!! lol.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

same grille just glare in the '99 pic.

back on topic: it does suck that happened to your old 3rd gen tripleg. young teenagers take advantage of things that were given to them and not know the how to take care of them. there are few out there that do care cuz its the only thing they got that will take them from point A to point B. but others could care less. they think it will always come easy to them if they trash one car and get another the next day but not see the struggle the parents have to go through to make their teenager happy. i have a younger sister who is now 19 and drives around in a decent '94 Sentra 4dr 5spd limited edition. this girl as tried numerous times to trash the poor car by not telling me or my dad that there is something wrong with it just so she can get my parents to buy her a new infinity Q45. not even the Q35! i found the problem which was just an oil leak coming from the front timing chain cover and went to Nissan and bought all the parts, spent a whole weekend and fixed it and now its leak free and shes upset that i fixed it cuz she wanted that thing to just blow the motor. the car is fine with cold a/c and it pisses me off that my sister would do such a thing like that. oh well, she will learn how hard it is to get something they really want and the struggle they have to go through. now she wants a Mercedes just cuz i got a BMW now. WHAT THE HELL!!! lol.
well, I just turned 20.. got my GXE at age 18. Always took care of it as best as i could, given my low wage back then. Even a week in i had fixed the washer pump. I try to take care of my stuff, though i have broken a few things on it on accident, and there are a few problems that i should fix before the car is really 'safe' to drive. Like putting non-cheap-crap brakes on the car, and fixing the suspension bushings up front, and the tierods (i really should do them asap... they are starting to click, but all my cash is tied up until july). If i get mad, i go punch/kick the already-dented-and-rusted door of the parts car. That car is absolutely unsafe to drive, b/c of the intense body rust (not safe in the event of a crash especially) so i don't feel bad about messing it up. That's why i got it... for parts. But i'd never do that to a car that's still useful for anyone. But i'm taking EVERYTHING that anyone could EVER buy off that car, except the basic suspension and the interior (which sucks anyhow) meaning the JY will probably look at it, sigh, and send it straight to the crusher when i have them come get it. I'm even maaaaybe cutting the roof out for a future factory-sunroof-retro..... maybe.

Point is, I'm young, but I still get the point of not messing up stuff people can use. My car is (slowly) getting to where it should be (though it's gotten worse in the meantime in some aspects, but that's just how life is).

Last edited by CapedCadaver; 05-30-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:58 AM
I can has?

I think the age thing is all relative... I bought my Pearl car a month after I had turned 17, it didn't run well, the paint wasn't glossy, the rims sucked, but the overall body and interior were nearly mint, all the suspension bushings were like new, it didn't have any leaks, transmission was good, and it had decently low miles. At the time it ran 0-60 in like 10 or 11 seconds and it wouldn't get out of it's own way in traffic, my dad's 5.4 F150 killed it on the Interstate when we were driving it 2 hours home from where I purchased it at.

I've put countless hours into detailing it, routine maintenance, mods, touch ups, replacing broken things, tune-ups, etc. Not to mention money. I've nursed it back to health a little over a year later and now it's nearly pristine and I'm in the midst of a huge project on it. Having my car has REALLY made me respect other people's things that much more because I know the importance of working hard for something you want or need. It pisses me off and actually saddens me that some people just can't respect things, at ANY age because they just assume new things can be bought to cover the damage since they have no clue what kind of effort goes into something like that.

Some people won't ever understand...
Old 05-31-2008, 09:56 AM

well im 18 now and i have had mine since iw as 16 so... i believe i know how to take care of mine..
Old 05-31-2008, 09:04 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by shoult
I have NO problem with slow people in the RIGHT lane, but people who want to cruise slow in the LEFT lane drive me k-nuts.
doesn't work well when alot of chicago is one lane each direction and some of us have to get places quickly to make our money.
on the highway, yeah doing 55 in the right lane is just fine with me, I do it all the time. It's on the surface streets that it drives me nuts.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm needing a caw

I'm so glad my old car went to an enthusiast. It's working better than when I had it.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I'm so glad my old car went to an enthusiast. It's working better than when I had it.
who has it again?
Old 06-02-2008, 12:54 PM
I can has?

Originally Posted by capedcadaver
who has it again?
504Max something
Old 06-02-2008, 07:39 PM

Well Im sorry to hear about that 3rd gen....hey im 17 now and I treat my car like if it was a ferrari. I keep it clean, nice maintenance. Maybe he didnt appreciate it but thats on him.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by hohemax91
Well Im sorry to hear about that 3rd gen....hey im 17 now and I treat my car like if it was a ferrari. I keep it clean, nice maintenance. Maybe he didnt appreciate it but thats on him.
any pics? let's see what you've got youngun (says someone barely 3 years your elder haha)
Old 06-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by hohemax91
congratz on the car, but a word of advise, treat it like a Rolls Royce. Ferraris are too fast for someone with no experience behind the wheel(of a ferrari). sure the max can be fast, and I do not believe that to be what you meant(care, not speed), but maintain it well, and it will return the favor (or demand more...)
Old 06-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Fox Body FTW

it's always sad to see a 3rd gen messed up..wrecked or destroyed or not taken care of..I'm 17 now, i got my max when i was 16, i've done my part in keeping her up. Sure i haven't always been the safest driver but i didn't do anything i knew she couldn't handle. I hope she stays with me as i go up to college. My mom is talking about getting rid of it and i'm like no, i love this car! i want to build this car to be as lively and strong as it can be! i've put 18K miles on her since last march(now she's at 242K+ miles) and they've been great!

Quick Reply: why 17 year olds are immature and cant appreciate a 3rd gen