3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Anyone got a custom interior?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2001, 06:45 PM
Neice Anne

Anyone got a custom interior?

I've never seen a 3rd gen with a custom interior, and that's my next mod coming up, wanna see what one looks like if anyone out there has some pics. I'm gonna go with a two tone leather interior with the doors,carpets, and dash matching the buckets and bench seat. Since the question of "What color should I paint my max." was a tie, I'm gonna go with the one I was leaning towards and get the Vtech blue. I'm thinking maybe a black and blue interior but that's kinda played out... a lot of people do that, so maybe white and blue or grey and blue or somethin would be better..

Old 11-10-2001, 07:10 PM
STFU n00b!

I don't wanna sound rude, but WHY are you putting several thousand dollars in mods on a car that's not even worth that much to begin with?

8 years ago, the money could be justified, since the car was worth almost $20k. but now you'll be lucky to get 3k out of that car if/when you sell it, and you're going to dump at least $1k into the paint job, then another grand on interior mods. and that's before you even really get into "real" stuff like stereo or performance mods. (which again, on a VG auto, there's not a lot of point trying to make it fast. It just isn't.)

I'm glad you're enthusiastic about your car, I just want to make sure you realize how much money you're putting into it and how much you'll get out. (i.e. you spend $5000 in mods on a $3000 car, you'll be lucky sell the whole thing for $4000, when you've got $8k in it).

Then again, if you're turning it into a show car (as I am mine), then that's something else completely.
Old 11-10-2001, 07:12 PM

i recently started painting my interior blue but i'm not gonna paint everything blue. I figured the vents on the top of the dash, the long vent below the windshield, the little power windows/door panel, and the little rectangular pieces around the actual doorlock itself. I bought some blue "Powered by Nissan" seatbelt pads and some blue indiglo pedals to kind of go with the whole blue interior. I'm looking forward to purchasing some blacklights to finish the interior off. I dont think all that would classify as what your lookin for but I'd thought i'd let you know anyway. I'll post pics some time tomorrow
Old 11-10-2001, 07:48 PM
Neice Anne

Yeah, I get that a lot man, I don't consider it rude, you're tryin to help me out. I know it probably doesn't make a lot of logical sense to put a lot of money into my car, but I don't really plan on selling it, at least for quite a while. I mean, I've heard of people with twice as many miles on their maxes as me, even though I'm sure my tranny will die soon. I don't know if I'm intentionally trying to make it into a show car, but when I'm done doing everything I wanna do to it, I'd guess it'll be showcar quality. I already all the system I want, since I'm not goin for competition sound, but I'm going to repaint it (won't be 1 grand, getting hooked up if I do my own sanding and primering for ~600-800) do the interior and get a bodykit. Overall, with the rims included, I will be paying ~4,000 on mods which is kinda ridiculous considering I paid 4k for my car, but I love my car and I think it'll be tight when I'm all done with it. You really don't think I could sell it for much if I got all that stuff done though? I would have thought it'd be kinda easy to sell to other euro enthusiasts for a descent amount..

Old 11-10-2001, 08:23 PM
To them I'm like an idol

Not too sound like a groupie but

I believe that the 3rd Gen maxima is one of the best looking and performing cars of recent times. I love this car and IT'S PAID FOR. If I can spend a few hundred here or there and make it like new again, without a car note comittment, then I'll do it over and over again.
Old 11-10-2001, 08:54 PM
STFU n00b!

Originally posted by Neice Anne
Yeah, I get that a lot man, I don't consider it rude, you're tryin to help me out
{snip}
You really don't think I could sell it for much if I got all that stuff done though? I would have thought it'd be kinda easy to sell to other euro enthusiasts for a descent amount..
Unfortunately, you won't get much if anything out of the mods unless you pull them off and sell them separately. There are lots of guys with 4th and 5th gens (that still sell for good prices) and they've got $6-8-10-12k in mods on some of them and can't sell them for much over book value. basically the mods are just toys, and don't raise the value of the car. Then again.. if the car in question was a 54 Ford truck that had just been fully restored then dump 10k in custom parts on, that would EASILY go for a large chunk of change. but the only people in the market for a modded 3rd gen are going to be broke high school and college kids.

But if you plan on keeping it an know full-well that the mods are just to make you happy, then by all means do everything you dream of doing to it!
(after I got done modding my GXE, I had bought the car for $10k, and had OVER $10k in mods on it!)
I bought this SE for under 3k and I've already got twice that on it, and the stereo is STILL on the floor or my room. there's another 6 grand there! nooooo, we're not crazy!
Old 11-10-2001, 09:47 PM

if for some reason any of you guys decide to sell your mods, i'm lookin for a CAI for a decent price.

Originally posted by Matt93SE

Unfortunately, you won't get much if anything out of the mods unless you pull them off and sell them separately. There are lots of guys with 4th and 5th gens (that still sell for good prices) and they've got $6-8-10-12k in mods on some of them and can't sell them for much over book value. basically the mods are just toys, and don't raise the value of the car. Then again.. if the car in question was a 54 Ford truck that had just been fully restored then dump 10k in custom parts on, that would EASILY go for a large chunk of change. but the only people in the market for a modded 3rd gen are going to be broke high school and college kids.

But if you plan on keeping it an know full-well that the mods are just to make you happy, then by all means do everything you dream of doing to it!
(after I got done modding my GXE, I had bought the car for $10k, and had OVER $10k in mods on it!)
I bought this SE for under 3k and I've already got twice that on it, and the stereo is STILL on the floor or my room. there's another 6 grand there! nooooo, we're not crazy!
Old 11-10-2001, 11:33 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: Anyone got a custom interior?

I've never seen a 3rd gen with a custom interior, and that's my next mod coming up, wanna see what one looks like if anyone out there has some pics. I'm gonna go with a two tone leather interior with the doors,carpets, and dash matching the buckets and bench seat. Since the question of "What color should I paint my max." was a tie, I'm gonna go with the one I was leaning towards and get the Vtech blue. I'm thinking maybe a black and blue interior but that's kinda played out... a lot of people do that, so maybe white and blue or grey and blue or somethin would be better..
look here under custom interiors.
XRR Custom Designs
Old 11-11-2001, 02:56 AM
Neice Anne

I bought this SE for under 3k and I've already got twice that on it, and the stereo is STILL on the floor or my room. there's another 6 grand there! nooooo, we're not crazy! [/B][/QUOTE]

Thank you, that's what I tell my friends and family, but they just think I'm dumb/crazy. I figure, it makes me happy, it's a hobby (albeit an expensive one) and it should be my decision. That's amazing that you had over $10k mods on it! I didn't know it was possible to get anywhere near that number.. ya figure my setup is gonna cover most of the major stuff and cost 4k.. even if I could turbo/sc it, that would only be like 8k.. oh yeah stereo could easily add a good chunk of change too! Anyway, good luck on your car. Hey Matt, do you think if I did all the stuff I've been talking about my car would be cool enough to enter into car shows?

Old 11-11-2001, 11:44 AM

Here a pic of mine. I did it blue, i think i might change it to white if i redo my interior.
Old 11-11-2001, 12:58 PM

here's a pic of my interior

i have more just email me
Old 11-11-2001, 02:19 PM

see web site below
Old 11-11-2001, 06:23 PM
Neice Anne

Originally posted by spyhunter
see web site below
Sweet ride man, and it looks like you did all your mods yourself, props! Nice website too

Old 11-11-2001, 06:28 PM

why thank you. i need to update the pics though, cut shifter, new **** and the bimmer lights. f-ing puter died today. for some reason the power inverter isn't getting power, happened when doing some donuts and burns outs etc PITA to pull everything out...ahh well
Old 11-11-2001, 11:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

here's mine...

there ya go!

http://hometown.aol.com/maximapowr/frontseats.html

http://hometown.aol.com/maximapowr/frontseats.html

http://hometown.aol.com/maximapowr/centerdash.html

http://hometown.aol.com/maximapowr/cockpit.html

David C.
Old 11-12-2001, 05:01 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

you can check my site

Sweet ride man, and it looks like you did all your mods yourself, props! Nice website too

I ve got some picss on there and today im gonna put more when I finish off the site.

XRR Custom Designs
Old 11-12-2001, 09:31 AM

i kinda agree with you on the money loss issue to a certain degree. i personally think that if you look at custom building a any car at a financial point of view it is bad. any car regardless of make or year is going to be a major loss in money and time when you go to resell it. i think with a classic car you would have a better chance of selling it and getting a little of what you put into it back but you are still not gonna get anywhere close to the amount that was put into it. personally i think with imports it is going to be a big money loss regardless if your talking a brand spanking new car or our car. if your seriuosly going to build a custom car the tranny and engine are going to be rebuilt and beefed up anyway, so that isnt really an issue of how much millage was on it. you have to look at the demand of what you are going to sell. there is no demand for a custom import. the point is building it to your tastes and noone else is gonna want your creation.
Old 11-12-2001, 01:13 PM

Here is the best interior I've seen:
front
back
Ok looking:
front
back
Old 11-12-2001, 01:56 PM

Originally posted by jim90gxe
front
back
Ok looking:
front
back
those look like leather seats. is there any way to paint cloth seats and have them come out anywhere as nice as those? or would i have to switch to leather first? could i find leather seats cheap at a junk yard?
Old 11-12-2001, 03:20 PM
Neice Anne

Originally posted by jim90gxe
front
back
Ok looking:
front
back

Yeah that first one is dope, I'm not really likin the second one at all though.. I'm definetely gonna copy the first guy's idea to get some kind of Nissan thing stiched into the headrest!

Old 11-12-2001, 04:07 PM

COSTOM PAINTING

I will have pics up ASAP.. mine looks SOOOO COOOOL .. i did it all my self(with some help from some friends) ill try to get them up this weekend
Old 11-12-2001, 08:15 PM

cool thats my interior

both pics is the same car.... i got rid of the tv's in the headrest...im painting other stuff soon... if u live in jersey u can set up .... ive done an interior in a crx and a vw gti and an eclipse

the seats r done in vinyl....
Old 11-12-2001, 08:18 PM

opps mistake

i read the thread too fast the first set of pic is my car and the other is some guy from cali i think
Old 11-12-2001, 08:24 PM
Neice Anne

Re: opps mistake

Originally posted by ray89se
i read the thread too fast the first set of pic is my car and the other is some guy from cali i think
Damn that's nice man! Do you mind if I ask you how much that ran you? I'd definetely like to get something almost exactly like that, except with different colors (tan and blue) but that looks freakin tight!

Old 11-12-2001, 08:30 PM

Re: cool thats my interior

Originally posted by ray89se
both pics is the same car.... i got rid of the tv's in the headrest...im painting other stuff soon... if u live in jersey u can set up .... ive done an interior in a crx and a vw gti and an eclipse

the seats r done in vinyl....
how did you go about accomplishing that?