3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

racing an altima

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2000, 09:41 AM

ok,

kid from college, thinks his altima is the pimp chite. well, he's got the one wiper conversion, and a HUGE wing, adn alot of tint and cool rims and stuff. Oh, and he has stickers all over his car. well he has all these SE-R badges and stuff and acts like his car is the stuff. he's got like 17" rims and the stupid car sits like an SUV. well anyway, he challenged me to go up to import night at norwalk (after i toasted him on the street). he said he wasn't gonna go all out on the street and he was shifting before redline and stuff. all he really has done to his altima is aftermarket look cool stuff. I should have no problem beating him right? my 92 SE is pretty much stock except for a KnN air filter and some other minor stuff. Wider tires too. Both our cars are 5 speeds. his altima is a 96 i believe and i think it's a GXE but with all his cool stickers and paint i can't tell. I'm more into SCCA racing so i dont really know how my max will do straight line. we'll see i guess.
Old 11-07-2000, 09:42 AM
I'm needing a caw

HE'S TOAST!
Old 11-07-2000, 10:16 AM

what a Dumbass.

I don't understand why kids think they can go and beat a V6
jus' because they killed an old Grand am or somthin'. They think their car is fast.No replacement for displacement. heard that b4. Come on now huge wing. weight advantage there,17's another advantage there. 3.0 V6 against a 2.4 I4.
What kind of nissan owner *** goes and disses another Nissan
, why cuz it's Newer. Give him a rice citation man, I didn't know they made a Altima Se-R, what a Moron!
I take it he didn't pay attention in school, cuz if he did he'd know that he'd get Smoked like a Phatty!
Old 11-07-2000, 10:24 AM
I'm needing a caw

Re: what a Dumbass.

Well, there are a few of us maxima.org guys who have claimed to beat Mustang V8s so..... I don't know. But the older Mustang engines had only about 225hp or so and those engines didn't breath that great on the top end.

Originally posted by Blu Max
jus' because they killed an old Grand am or somthin'. They think their car is fast.No replacement for displacement. heard that b4. Come on now huge wing. weight advantage there,17's another advantage there. 3.0 V6 against a 2.4 I4.
, why cuz it's Newer. Give him a rice citation man, I didn't know they made a Altima Se-R, what a Moron!
I take it he didn't pay attention in school, cuz if he did he'd know that he'd get Smoked like a Phatty!
Old 11-07-2000, 11:40 AM

An ALTIMA???????????

Originally posted by flyry110
ok,

kid from college, thinks his altima is the pimp chite. well, he's got the one wiper conversion, and a HUGE wing, adn alot of tint and cool rims and stuff. Oh, and he has stickers all over his car. well he has all these SE-R badges and stuff and acts like his car is the stuff. he's got like 17" rims and the stupid car sits like an SUV. well anyway, he challenged me to go up to import night at norwalk (after i toasted him on the street). he said he wasn't gonna go all out on the street and he was shifting before redline and stuff. all he really has done to his altima is aftermarket look cool stuff. I should have no problem beating him right? my 92 SE is pretty much stock except for a KnN air filter and some other minor stuff. Wider tires too. Both our cars are 5 speeds. his altima is a 96 i believe and i think it's a GXE but with all his cool stickers and paint i can't tell. I'm more into SCCA racing so i dont really know how my max will do straight line. we'll see i guess.
-------------------

Number you should tell him to go pick on someone his engine size. Dont even bother waisting your fuel on an altima. I have 89 max 5 spd with not alot of mods and I beat a V6 accord, you have a 190hp max and you are worried about an altima. Ull eat that car for breakfest.
Old 11-07-2000, 11:48 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Re: what a Dumbass.

yeah Jeff but u know how much aftermkt support you have u a mustang..then there's the maxima...
Dan

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Well, there are a few of us maxima.org guys who have claimed to beat Mustang V8s so..... I don't know. But the older Mustang engines had only about 225hp or so and those engines didn't breath that great on the top end.

Originally posted by Blu Max