3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Pulled my codes

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 07:12 AM
bald aggression est 78

Pulled my codes

I pulled my codes last and i got 45 Fuel injector leak,51 Fuel injector signal circuit fault,34 Knock sensor or circuit fault, 12 Mass air flow sensor or circuit fault,33 o2 sensor or circuit fault. And a coolant temp sensor code, but the code that caught my attention was a code 23, So i did the test again and got the same codes stated above and code 23 i dont know if i counted wrong or what. I looked in the haynes manual and there is no code 23.Did i do something wrong? or is haynes not accurate with the codes, and my second question is what would cause an injector to leak and the circuit to stay open and would it be a good idea to clean the connections fix the remaining problems clear the codes and go from there?i dont wanna go throwing parts at it waste money when it could something simple thank for your time

Last edited by Kountz430; 01-26-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:17 AM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

does the car misfire? are any of the spark plugs wet with fuel? do you have black smoke coming out the tailpipe when you start the car or accelerate?

first thing i'd work on is getting the injector codes taken care of. Normally a bad connector would stick it shut, not open btw.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:46 AM
bald aggression est 78

Originally Posted by CapedCadaver
does the car misfire? are any of the spark plugs wet with fuel? do you have black smoke coming out the tailpipe when you start the car or accelerate?

first thing i'd work on is getting the injector codes taken care of. Normally a bad connector would stick it shut, not open btw.
No misfire yet no black smoke, im headed over to where my tools are at and pull the plugs today i'll have the laptop and camera in case i come across a stumper,I do have that fuel smell coming out of the vents in the morning, come to think about it,It was hard to start yesterday morning i would crank with full power,but it would'nt start.But after bout three minutes she started up,and she's been fine since.But she does have a an intermitted (<sp?) rough idle almost stalling feeling.Like the cars drunk or something.Other than the problems stated previously the car runs strong.Just trying to work out the kinks b4 the modding.....Oh thanks for open and close correction caped
Old 01-27-2010, 10:19 AM
bald aggression est 78

wewll i didnt have that time to pull the plugs all i could do is replace the maf and coolant temp sensor,It did fix the one problem that i was having.when i would start the car without warming it up, just getting up and going it would stutter when would give it gas.I always thought it was the c.t.s even before the c.e.l came on.so thats done.im gonna try to clean the injector connections today. and go from there hopefully that'll open it up.