3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

pic of new wing

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 02:11 PM

pic of new wing

This is my new aluminum wing, and I finally decided to paint the car silver! Opinions appreciated but no criticism!
Old 12-06-2001, 02:23 PM

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo

my bad... i just had too..
Old 12-06-2001, 02:24 PM

Re: pic of new wing

Originally posted by ron4291
This is my new aluminum wing, and I finally decided to paint the car silver! Opinions appreciated but no criticism!
no criticism?!? how can you even say that, you don't even have clear corners! looks good though.
Old 12-06-2001, 02:29 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: pic of new wing

ehhhhhh....whatever floats your boat, but IMO it doesn't fit the car at all!
Old 12-06-2001, 03:18 PM

I did order clear corners about 2 monthss ago from apc but they are on back order. They wont be available to Dec 13th. It does go with the car especially when we paint it silver, you'll see. But in my opinion it looks good plus I got it for cost under $150. I just dont car for those plastic and fiber glass wings they weigh to much this weighs about 4 lbs. Plus i can already feal the difference in performance when going fast!
Old 12-06-2001, 03:20 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Plus i can already feal the difference in performance when going fast!
ummmmmmm......how??? rear wing on a FWD car, how does it help????
Old 12-06-2001, 03:21 PM
I'm needing a caw

$20!
Old 12-06-2001, 03:29 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Oh man, please tell me I read that wrong....
Old 12-06-2001, 03:34 PM

It slows the car down that much?
Old 12-06-2001, 03:45 PM

prepping

i was wondering how long did it take you to prep the car for painting. i am getting my car painted for free and i was wondering how long it would take me to sand and primer it. i want the paint job to come out flawless.
Old 12-06-2001, 04:28 PM

First off i expected this from some of u guys, but when maxus 2002
my spoiler won't matter cause all any of you are going to see is the back of my max. And just cause a car is fw or rw drive it doenst matter the spoiler still functions. this spoiler creates down force and is adjustable. Dnas it took me 3 weeks cause at my shop I have to work on my customers cars first, but if you get started and keep going it will only take a day. The only parts of my car sanded all the way down is my bumpers, you want to take it all the way down to the plastic cause every bumper will have indents and crevaces in it.
As far as the rest of the car once you get your body work straight you just want to take it down to the primer, never take it all the way back to the metal, only when your fixing rust spots and dents. if you do you'll have inperfections when you paint the car. Good luck if you have any questions email me!
Old 12-06-2001, 04:32 PM

You put your Skyline engine in yet? LOL
Old 12-06-2001, 04:33 PM

Re: prepping

why do u guys get on here criticizing everything....is everyone jealous when some1 gets a new mod....u mother****ers need to grow up...the wing is nice...and very expensive....and please tell me u mother****ers werent serious about how the wing helps a FWD car
Old 12-06-2001, 04:39 PM

No mike, I didnt because but I sold it to a company in california
and used the money to start my own Performance shop here in SC. It only fetched me $2900.00 but it was all I needed since my partner came up with the rest! Nice to see you still around, I would have thought you got a 300 like nevin!
Old 12-06-2001, 04:41 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Oh lord, the Org is back to normal mentality......

Jeff, now you see why I started that club! okay geniouses tell me how the wing functions on an FWD car, I still haven't got an answer! I suppose you hit 150+ on the regular huh???
Old 12-06-2001, 04:54 PM

Hey, don't you like have some homework to do you know
11pm comes real early! Just come to the next maxus and I'll show you how it works!
Old 12-06-2001, 04:56 PM

And just cause a car is fw or rw drive it doenst matter the spoiler still functions. this spoiler creates down force and is adjustable.
Oh ok. Riiight. Yes, it does still function, and yes it creates downforce. We never said it didnt. BUT, your "downforce" is useless on your freakin FWD car. What you're getting is the back being pushed down, and in turn the front being lifted up. Which I doubt you're getting any of that considering you cant possibly be going fast enough to even get these results. Results, which, would hamper your speed anyway. So, have fun with you fully funcioning wing. There's no arguing it. The wing is useless on a FWD car. Any moron knows this. I dont have a problem with your wing. If you like it put it on there. But dont sit here and try to tell us it helps your performance. Thank you. Drive through.
Old 12-06-2001, 05:03 PM

And what you need to do is look at how my suspension is setup
the front is slammed down and my back end is setting up so once I do get some speed up, what then not enough air to hamper my performance
thats why your still in college and I own my own performance shop!
So play wit it num nuts!!
Old 12-06-2001, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by James92SE

Oh ok. Riiight. Yes, it does still function, and yes it creates downforce. We never said it didnt. BUT, your "downforce" is useless on your freakin FWD car. What you're getting is the back being pushed down, and in turn the front being lifted up. Which I doubt you're getting any of that considering you cant possibly be going fast enough to even get these results. Results, which, would hamper your speed anyway. So, have fun with your fully functioning wing. There's no arguing it. The wing is useless on a FWD car. Any moron knows this. I dont have a problem with your wing. If you like it put it on there. But dont sit here and try to tell us it helps your performance. Thank you. Drive through.
Old 12-06-2001, 05:12 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Just come to the next maxus and I'll show you how it works!
yeah I'm really waiting to see how your non-functional rear spoiler works no look I'm really waiting...no really I'm racking my brain over the non-funtional wing, no seriously.....okay thats enough
Old 12-06-2001, 05:12 PM

the front is slammed down and my back end is setting up so once I do get some speed up, what then not enough air to hamper my performance

LOL. Dig yourself a hole man. That made no sense. How funny, I'm jealous of your mad performance skillzzzz, yo...
Old 12-06-2001, 05:19 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

yeah, uh that makes sense
since we're slinging kindergarten style insults...heres one "my dad can beat up your dad...nah, nah!!"
Old 12-06-2001, 06:11 PM

are those 45 series on 16's?? You do know that that's the wrong rolling diameter and it adds to the retarded look of that wing. You need something to fill those wheel wells more. Judging by the stickers you got about 20+ hp right there. Where is Maxus 2002 by the way? If it is close to me I'll be sure to represent real 3rd gens and show you how much that wing helps.
The primer tops it all off!
Old 12-06-2001, 06:42 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

what's your name of your performance shop? where exactly are u located? got a phone number? address? what do u sell?

since u broke out the college and u owning a shop...how much do make anyway?
thanks!
Old 12-06-2001, 06:54 PM
Neice Anne

Re: prepping

Originally posted by dnas420
i was wondering how long did it take you to prep the car for painting. i am getting my car painted for free and i was wondering how long it would take me to sand and primer it. i want the paint job to come out flawless.
My friend did it to his own car, and it took him a long time to do because he couldn't do it all at once, and he didn't do it the most efficent way.. he said for me to leave my car with him for 2 days over the semester break, and he'll have it completely sanded and primered, working 8 hours both days.. so rougly 16 hours labor if you're semi-experienced with it (he's done his car and a couple of our friends' cars.. but got trained in doin it from another guy))

Old 12-06-2001, 07:00 PM

Originally posted by Bret89SER
are those 45 series on 16's?? You do know that that's the wrong rolling diameter and it adds to the retarded look of that wing. You need something to fill those wheel wells more. Judging by the stickers you got about 20+ hp right there. Where is Maxus 2002 by the way? If it is close to me I'll be sure to represent real 3rd gens and show you how much that wing helps.
The primer tops it all off!

dude...that was ****in ridiculous....ive gopt a wing like his except mine sits higher than his....and i just shved my doorhandles, and body moldings...along with other things...and my happenes to be under primor @ the moment....so dont talk ****...and dont hate us, bc we have the fastest and best looking car...hate us bc ur girls see us riding around and wanna ******* us!!
Old 12-06-2001, 07:01 PM
Neice Anne

Originally posted by DA-MAX

yeah, uh that makes sense
since we're slinging kindergarten style insults...heres one "my dad can beat up your dad...nah, nah!!"

I know you are but what am I?

Old 12-06-2001, 07:05 PM

Originally posted by JRicker24
and dont hate us, bc we have the fastest and best looking car...hate us bc ur girls see us riding around and wanna ******* us!!
Heh, riiiiight....
Old 12-06-2001, 07:16 PM

a spoiler is a spoiler, fwd, rwd. i would assume it would have more of an affect on a rwd car, but it still serves the same function on a fwd car. lifting the back does not mean it pushes more on the front, or that would be true for a rwd car also. but lifting the back does make it easier for the fwd to pull the back so to speak.
Old 12-06-2001, 07:24 PM

ron4291...is your window molding painted?

And my goodness people, quit arguing about the rear mounted spoiler on a FWD car. It does nothing for performance. It wouldnt even do much for performance on a RWD car, unless it's a top speed Formula Racer or something. If you'll notice the top speed FWD cars have spoilers on the *front*. Comprende? Geez...
Old 12-06-2001, 07:40 PM

Umm ok, you should have spent some more time in college. It's kinda funny that you know more about aerodynamics than us edumicated folks. Where did you learn all of this? I must find out so I can learn and go design F1 cars.

As far as your shop goes, how much money did your "partner", interesting choice of words by the way, put up? From what you stated earlier you supplied around $3K, lets see that would buy you an average lift. Did your "partner" come up with the rest of the money for tools, inventory, rent, insurance, etc. which could easily total over $20,000 If so then he got screwed.
Old 12-06-2001, 07:42 PM

Yes my molding is painted, I got tired at looking at that darn faded molding so we primed everything except the windows. I'll probally paint the car this coming summer unless they have a sale on the paint I want (Ultra Silver 44e). I'm really tired about this wing situation to!! It's giving me a frickin headache. Everyone has there own opinion and everyone here is somewhat right so who gives a damn. I was just sharing some pics, before when I didnt have cam to take pics everyone doubted me but seeing is believing. And for the knucklehead who wanted to know how much my shop makes, its none of your buis... but me and my partner only work 3 days aweek each so i guess I make enough to pay my child support and alimony, answer your question. as for the info its Extreme Performance
230 hwy 261 S #21
Sumter, Sc 29150
(803)494-5781
Old 12-06-2001, 07:56 PM

I thought the discussion of the retarded wing required it's own reply:

At what point will this wing become effentive and why would you need that effect? To have a noticable effect you would need to be going at least highway speeds,no problem. But why would you need more downforce then? The only cars that you see using wings on straightaways are dragsters, and with 1000+ hp they need all they can get. Please explain to me how having around 160hp to the wheels would need more downforce? Do you have a problem with traction in third, fourth or fifth gears? Spoilers can also have a positive effect in corners, but again you need to be going at highway speeds for there to be enough airflow over the wing for it to produce anything even related to downforce. Fine, for the sake of argument, lets say you were able to take a corner fast enough that the spoiler would produce enough downforce to make a difference. Since the spoiler is on the rear of the car the downforce it creats will be transfered to the rear wheels, great, now the rear wheels have more traction. Is there another spoiler on the front of the car? I didn't see one, so the rear now has more traction than the front does. This creats a problem, on a FWD car the rear tends to have more traction anyway, this is called understeer. Giving the reareven more traction would increase the understeer. On FWD race cars, no not the street racers, but real GT cars they have spoilers on the front of the car also. You might have noticed the large carbon fiber or alluminum pieces jutting out from under the bumper. The addition of a front spoiler gives more traction to the front tires, a good thing. This addition equalizes the added traction on the rear tires which, if everything is set up properly gives the car neutral handling, with just a touch of over steer.

If you think college is a waste of time more power to ya, but I'll be sure not to step on you in ten years
Old 12-06-2001, 08:50 PM

And for the knucklehead who wanted to know how much my shop makes, its none of your buis... but me and my partner only work 3 days aweek each so i guess I make enough to pay my child support and alimony, answer your question.
do i dare open the can on this one?? nah ill be nice.. thats cool you owna performance shop, but ill stay in highschool for now thank you. then ill go to college, get me a bigger education, get drunk, have a lot of sex with many hot college girls, get a degree and make a very nice living. then ill make my own garage in my house were i can work on my own car and hopefully not hook up my 1990 maxima and instead tinker on some old classic beast that im workin on while my ferrari 360 sits next to it .. ahh college...

as for the idiot that brags about his wing is bigger therefor he gets more girls.. well guess whats bigger on me that gets more girls????? AHHH... hahaha.. low blow but anyways, thats the saddest thing i heard.. i dont wanna get girls cause of my big wing on my car, i wanna get a girl cause they like me not cause they like my pimp *** g ride..which is of course my nonwinged maxima.

btw.. i bet you that wing hurts performance more then it helps.. ill bet you a bijillion dollars that the force it creates doesnt help performance one bit..
Old 12-06-2001, 08:53 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by HoJo
I thought the discussion of the retarded wing required it's own reply:

At what point will this wing become effentive and why would you need that effect? To have a noticable effect you would need to be going at least highway speeds,no problem. But why would you need more downforce then? The only cars that you see using wings on straightaways are dragsters, and with 1000+ hp they need all they can get. Please explain to me how having around 160hp to the wheels would need more downforce? Do you have a problem with traction in third, fourth or fifth gears? Spoilers can also have a positive effect in corners, but again you need to be going at highway speeds for there to be enough airflow over the wing for it to produce anything even related to downforce. Fine, for the sake of argument, lets say you were able to take a corner fast enough that the spoiler would produce enough downforce to make a difference. Since the spoiler is on the rear of the car the downforce it creats will be transfered to the rear wheels, great, now the rear wheels have more traction. Is there another spoiler on the front of the car? I didn't see one, so the rear now has more traction than the front does. This creats a problem, on a FWD car the rear tends to have more traction anyway, this is called understeer. Giving the reareven more traction would increase the understeer. On FWD race cars, no not the street racers, but real GT cars they have spoilers on the front of the car also. You might have noticed the large carbon fiber or alluminum pieces jutting out from under the bumper. The addition of a front spoiler gives more traction to the front tires, a good thing. This addition equalizes the added traction on the rear tires which, if everything is set up properly gives the car neutral handling, with just a touch of over steer.

If you think college is a waste of time more power to ya, but I'll be sure not to step on you in ten years
why do u even bother? save your time man.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Brandon90gxe

do i dare open the can on this one?? nah ill be nice.. thats cool you owna performance shop, but ill stay in highschool for now thank you. then ill go to college, get me a bigger education, get drunk, have a lot of sex with many hot college girls, get a degree and make a very nice living. then ill make my own garage in my house were i can work on my own car and hopefully not hook up my 1990 maxima and instead tinker on some old classic beast that im workin on while my ferrari 360 sits next to it .. ahh college...

as for the idiot that brags about his wing is bigger therefor he gets more girls.. well guess whats bigger on me that gets more girls????? AHHH... hahaha.. low blow but anyways, thats the saddest thing i heard.. i dont wanna get girls cause of my big wing on my car, i wanna get a girl cause they like me not cause they like my pimp *** g ride..which is of course my nonwinged maxima.

btw.. i bet you that wing hurts performance more then it helps.. ill bet you a bijillion dollars that the force it creates doesnt help performance one bit..

I really had a good time reading all these posts and its good to see that someone else uses their maxima to impress women on occasion. The way my name got ragged on a while back i thought i was the only one. You guys have posted some good info on the functioning of spoilers that i had now clue about. People told me that on our cars it was just for looks but i guess i know why now. Oh and Brandon90gxe, there will be many, many hot college girls so do ya thang dawg...lay a few for me...I hope this didn't offend any of the "women and children." Thanx for your time.
Old 12-06-2001, 10:14 PM

Originally posted by 92PussyWagon

I really had a good time reading all these posts and its good to see that someone else uses their maxima to impress women on occasion. The way my name got ragged on a while back i thought i was the only one. You guys have posted some good info on the functioning of spoilers that i had now clue about. People told me that on our cars it was just for looks but i guess i know why now. Oh and Brandon90gxe, there will be many, many hot college girls so do ya thang dawg...lay a few for me...I hope this didn't offend any of the "women and children." Thanx for your time.
LOL.. thanks bud.. i cant wait till college.. i bet i could get a few just from the car too..ooooh a maxima, lets FACK...
Old 12-06-2001, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by Brandon90gxe

LOL.. thanks bud.. i cant wait till college.. i bet i could get a few just from the car too..ooooh a maxima, lets FACK...
I would just like to say that college is for an education and not a place to rape girls.. A maxima is for transportation, not a temporary hotel room for one night stands..
Old 12-06-2001, 11:25 PM
Neice Anne

Originally posted by JRicker24

dude...that was ****in ridiculous....ive gopt a wing like his except mine sits higher than his....and i just shved my doorhandles, and body moldings...along with other things...and my happenes to be under primor @ the moment....so dont talk ****...and dont hate us, bc we have the fastest and best looking car...hate us bc ur girls see us riding around and wanna ******* us!!
Okay, I agree with you on the premise, but must make fun of you, as this is simply irresistable. First of all, I don't have a big wing like that, and I got laid simply cuz of my car sooo... secondly, I am seriously perplexed by those extra stars.. should be just 4 right? What are the extra? butt****?

Old 12-06-2001, 11:31 PM
Neice Anne

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Brandon90gxe
[B]

LOL yeah, I made fun of the guy for that one too, hilarious huh. You really should be honest with us though, Brandon.. ALL guys want to get laid for ANY reason. I'm sure you wouldn't mind if you got laid purely because some chick decides she likes your car I know I didn't

Quick Reply: pic of new wing