3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 11:19 AM

Suspension

I wanted 2 talk about suspension, I started hooking my suspension and WP took a shyt so had 2 wait a minute. Anyway I have Sonar Suspension II and was trying to replace struts and everything around it just because. Then struts actually are fine and function properly but I'm trying to replace or upgrade entire Max. I was thinking of lowering but our options are slim as of lately cause nobody wants 2 make parts 4 our ride's no more. So now I decided 2 replace everything brand new that I can and add strut tower braces ft/bk, sub frame connectors, bigger size wheels with lower profile and Stillen groung effect kit. I'm looking 2 replace the springs right now 4 my Max and want 2 know what kinda springs I can get factory height for my suspension. I haven't read anything that say's there different from the regular suspension set up's. Does anyone in this forum know or have experience with my suspension?! Appreciate any info,comments,suggestion,advice.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:56 AM

uhh from what I heard, the SE springs are a bit stiffer than those on the gxe. The GXE sits a little higher than the SE though in my opinion. Speaking of suspension upgrades, Ive got to do alot to my car as far as shocks and struts go, plus balljoints which are going to be easy do on my car,
Old 07-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

are you on a phone? if not, please type.
unless you bought the car from an orger, nobody here would know your suspension.
factory height requires factory springs.
no stock height upgrades are readily available.
although, you could find a race shop that sells springs for the various dirt track cars. heard about a guy doing that on another forum, to another car.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:57 PM

The upgrades are as listed, strut tower braces, sub frame connectors, bigger wheels with lower profile. I want to put SE springs on my GXE that has Sonar Struts, that should work fine right. Lowering springs/struts are getting harder to find so I'm not taking that route. I'm trying to find someone who changed there springs on Sonar Struts and what they used, I believe I stated this in my first post of this thread and if not here it is thank you. You can upgrade stock height suspension in many ways, not just lowering but lowering is great but getting more difficult to buy ready made equipment. I really didn't understand the comment about an Orger or being on phone but it seems like your always lookin' for trouble.