3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Has anyone ever.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2001, 06:22 AM

Has anyone ever.......

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has ever put any lights, or light strips in the back area between the 2 rear lights that is connected to the trunk. The red and gray piece that has the Maxima lettters in it. If anyone has I'd appreciate seeing some pictures of it. I think it'd look pretty sweet , but I don't want to start on it before I know what it's going to end up looking like.
Thanks, later,
Joel
Old 12-23-2001, 12:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I was wondering about something like this too for my 92 SE (red centerpiece), but somehow I don't think it would turn out quite right since it wasn't designed to be lit in the first place - no internal reflectors, or diffusing pattern in the clear plastic.

Anyone know anything about either of these?
Old 12-23-2001, 01:09 PM

Someone on the board has a GTR badge in that section, but I have never seen any lights in that section. Previous ideas have included putting a neon tube in there, which would help with the diffusion.
Old 12-23-2001, 08:34 PM

i was thinking of clearing out my tails the way someone on here did, or maybe doing some other custom work to them and somehow making the centerpiece clear to match it...
Old 12-23-2001, 09:58 PM

the tails on the 92-94 SEs are the best ones dont mess with them...the only thing im doin is getting chrome "MAXIMA" lettering from a 4th gen and gluing it onto the existing gray "MAXIMA" in the center piece and maybe an SE badge to go on the top right corner of the trunk lid; should give it a nice stand out touch. heh so i guess this way your kid wont go, "hey mommy look, what kinda car is that?"
Old 12-24-2001, 08:35 AM

Originally posted by Maximan190
the tails on the 92-94 SEs are the best ones dont mess with them...the only thing im doin is getting chrome "MAXIMA" lettering from a 4th gen and gluing it onto the existing gray "MAXIMA" in the center piece and maybe an SE badge to go on the top right corner of the trunk lid; should give it a nice stand out touch. heh so i guess this way your kid wont go, "hey mommy look, what kinda car is that?"
Yeah, the tails on our cars are sweet, I rewired them and it looks tight! I'd like to put some kind of light in the center piece behind the MAXIMA lettering. Maybe a light strip or a neon. I'll get the trunk piece from a junk yard and fool around with that before I try anything with my ride. Let me know how the lettering from the 4th gen. over top of the stock ones look, maybe I'll do that to, it sounds nice.
Old 12-24-2001, 10:52 AM

I think that the 89-91 se tails dont look so bad. I kinda like having a black center peice and I think that it looks great on a light color car. I have a 5th gen badge on mine and I plan to remove the "NISSAN" and "MAXIMA" stickers off the center piece.
I liked what SkyMax did with his on his blue max. He removed the sticker and put a chrome 97-99 "MAXIMA" badge in the center. It was definitely a hot look. He had tinted the tail lights to make the whole thing look black. Also, dont forget, the 95-96 badges are different from the 97-99 badges.
Old 12-24-2001, 12:37 PM

Originally posted by DaBoxGTI
I think that the 89-91 se tails dont look so bad. I kinda like having a black center peice and I think that it looks great on a light color car. I have a 5th gen badge on mine and I plan to remove the "NISSAN" and "MAXIMA" stickers off the center piece.
I liked what SkyMax did with his on his blue max. He removed the sticker and put a chrome 97-99 "MAXIMA" badge in the center. It was definitely a hot look. He had tinted the tail lights to make the whole thing look black. Also, dont forget, the 95-96 badges are different from the 97-99 badges.
yeah i think ill hafta take a 95-96 badge b/c the MAXIMA on the 97-99 is in one piece and its 1/2" too long for my 92 SE tail piece. ill glue on the 95-96 letter by letter on top of my existing lettering.
Old 12-26-2001, 10:55 PM

Originally posted by DaBoxGTI
I feel honored to hear that.. lol